PDA

View Full Version : Announcing: Operation Adopt-A-Iowan Phase II

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone, we are now entering phase two of the operation. The following information was posted on the site earlier, which you can find here (http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com/). http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com/

Thank you very much to everyone so far who has "put money in the hat" for this worthy cause. We are almost done putting our resources together, and it is time to enter the second phase of this operation.

Tomorrow, you will see a form in place of the area you are now reading. This form will provide grassroots individuals a place to register Iowans they contact via phone or in person, or for Iowans who wish to be adopted to register themselves.

We are also going to implement an aggressive on the ground campaign in the Ames/Des Moines area this weekend to recruit and gather information on prospective adoptees, so we can provide them with further direction regarding the logistics of picking up their ticket on the day of the Straw Poll.
------------------------------------------
Note - We will also stop collecting money on Tuesday, August 7th, at 12:00 AM - We are doing this to ensure we have enough time to move funds to purchase tickets on Saturday, August 11th.

Badger Paul
08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the update Jeremie!

Akus
08-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Jeremie I am concerned about one thing...

So could there be such a thing as no one to give those adoption tickets to?

In other words, we got all these tickets and no one to give them out to...

I want to donate with if not a guarantee, then at least a good likelyhood that the people interested in getting those tickets are more then the actual ticket amount...

Can you say anything about this?

ghemminger
08-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Dude...he's like all over this like Flint...everyones been asking this...All candidates are going to have booths set up where people can get tickets...he's working all the logistics out....trust em there for real

Akus
08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Dude...he's like all over this like Flint...everyones been asking this...All candidates are going to have booths set up where people can get tickets...he's working all the logistics out....trust em there for real

You entirely missed the point, I wasn't asking if this was "for real".

Can someone please anwer a potential donor's question. I will help out quite a lot, I won't disclose the amount, but trust me, you'd appreciate the help. But I won't do anything until I know what is anticiapated.

Some one..

Please answer my question.

ARealConservative
08-03-2007, 01:07 PM
You entirely missed the point, I wasn't asking if this was "for real".

Can someone please anwer a potential donor's question. I will help out quite a lot, I won't disclose the amount, but trust me, you'd appreciate the help. But I won't do anything until I know what is anticiapated.

Some one..

Please answer my question.

any amount of money unused will be returned.

If you donated 1% of the total dollars, you will be returned 1% of the money left over.

Akus
08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
any amount of money unused will be returned.

If you donated 1% of the total dollars, you will be returned 1% of the money left over.

So if I use the PayPal account, will the balance be put on the PayPal?
How can I retrieve that balance?

Yes, I'm an idiot when it comes to paypal. I know nothing.

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
So if I use the PayPal account, will the balance be put on the PayPal?
How can I retrieve that balance?

Yes, I'm an idiot when it comes to paypal. I know nothing.

Akus, the money would transfer to us initially, and then we would transfer the remaining amount via paypal back to you which you would in turn transfer to your bank account.

I understand your concerns Akus - they are not unfounded. We are going to make every effort to make sure the entire resource, whatever it is, is utilized in its entirety.
In case we cannot, we will be returning the money as stated above.

Jeremie

Bossobass
08-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm in for 10 more.

Bosso

Nash
08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
I put together an Ames Evite to help get the word out to Iowans. You can simply add people to the Evite if you get on the list. All you need is their email address.

If you want to be added to this evite please PM me and I'll sign you up. I need your email address to do so.

This is what it looks like. You can even print it and hand it out as a flyer.

http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/ronpaul2008ia@yahoo.com/strawpoll

- Nash

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Adopt-a-Iowan needs your help!

We have the ability to buy almost 650 tickets for Ron Paul supporters! That is far beyond our expectations, but we plan on using the resource fully to our candidate's benefit.

We, the grassroots and national campaign, are on the back stretch now, and how we work leading up to Saturday will determine our place on the podium.

I am asking people who have already called Iowans, to utilize the resource the National Campaign sent to them, and call them back! Place a follow up call and let them know that regular, everyday Americans who support Ron Paul want to help them support the good doctor and buy their ticket to the straw poll. If they just register and show up, we will take care of them.

You can take their information and register for them, or they can register themselves at http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com

Also let them know they can register for a ride if they need one at the same website. People can register if they need or can provide a ride. No matter what, we will make sure everyone who wants to get there, does!

Those who register will provide an email address, and we will send specific instructions later this week as to where they can pick up their tickets on Saturday.

Your help is appreciated!

Jeremie Bellenir
Roger Barr
John Kurr

Akus
08-08-2007, 02:54 AM
Jeremy, I really don't think calling people back is a good idea. There is a campaigning and there is a harassment. I think we are approaching the line between the two if we call again. Those who give a crap are already in the know, and those who don't won't care if we call again anyway.

Jeremie in Minnesota
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Hello everyone, here is the email I sent out to our first group of Iowans who registered for tickets. Please feel free to get this everywhere and to anyone you can who will somehow contact Iowans, and attach the Straw Poll map which shows Dr. Paul's tent location. If you need that file, pm me.....

Hello Iowans!

Thank you so much for registering to support Congressman Paul in the Iowa Straw Poll this Saturday! As promised we have your free ticket. Attached is a Straw Poll map, and you will notice Dr. Paul's tent is number one on a corner of the Straw Poll Grounds. The location is in front of the Fisher Theater along Beach Avenue. Roger Barr, and myself will be in the general vicinity of this tent, wearing slacks, shirt and tie, and we will have a maroon colored badge with white lettering, which says Adopt-a-Iowan. Our cell numbers are also listed below.

We only ask that you bring your ID you will use to gain entry to the voting area. We are also asking that you spread the word about this resource. Please bring your friends and family! If you need help getting them there, please register on the ride share site advertised at http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com -

We have the ability to buy almost 650 tickets for Ron Paul supporters! We are able to buy these tickets because freedom lovers from all over this great nation wanted to get Iowans like you to the Straw Poll and be afforded the ability to support Dr. Paul. Don't let their good will go to waste! If you know of someone or a group of people who will use tickets to come and vote for Ron Paul, please have them register for a tickets at http://ronpaulstrawpoll.blogspot.com - Thank you very much, travel safe, and we'll see ya at the Straw Poll!

Jeremie Bellenir - 763.232.9482
Roger Barr - 515.291.0345

Lord Xar
08-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Jeremy, I really don't think calling people back is a good idea. There is a campaigning and there is a harassment. I think we are approaching the line between the two if we call again. Those who give a crap are already in the know, and those who don't won't care if we call again anyway.

Well, perhaps they have a bunch of tickets and need persons to claim them?

If you had called someone and they were receptive, what is the harm in calling them back and seeing if they would like to go?

my 2 cents.