PDA

View Full Version : The Enormous Importance of Liberty Candidates

freedom-maniac
01-25-2008, 07:24 PM
With all the hoopla over blimps and moneybombs, I think the liberty candidates tend to get ignored.

Even if Ron Paul becomes president, he will be a lame duck until we get enough Liberty Candidates in Congress to help him get legislation passed.

We need to pack Congress as well as the White House.

FireofLiberty
01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I agree with you completely. I also think that funding Liberty candidates should be right up there in terms of priority as the blimp has been.

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Yes, I read a very convincing article a week ago speculating that if Dr. Paul did become president, he would rank up with Hoover and Buchanan for being the worst lame duck. It's nothing his fault, the article explained, but because his libertarian views would be impossible to get through Congress after decades of ignoring the Constitution.

If Ron Paul's presidency goes down horribly, we might not see another leader with any libertarian views for another lifetime. This is why I think the Liberty Candidates are of the highest importance.

PRIEST
01-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Yes, I read a very convincing article a week ago speculating that if Dr. Paul did become president, he would rank up with Hoover and Buchanan for being the worst lame duck. It's nothing his fault, the article explained, but because his libertarian views would be impossible to get through Congress after decades of ignoring the Constitution.

If Ron Paul's presidency goes down horribly, we might not see another leader with any libertarian views for another lifetime. This is why I think the Liberty Candidates are of the highest importance.

There is PLENTY that Ron Paul could do with a stroke of the pen. Stuff that could change the world.

rs3515
01-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree with you completely. I also think that funding Liberty candidates should be right up there in terms of priority as the blimp has been.

Totally agree with you!! Everyone should be joining and contributing to the Freeople.com website. Freeople will provide supporters an immediate way to donate to multiple candidates around the country, join grassroots efforts and perform canvassing and phone calling for candidates.

Candidates will have a huge amount of tools and applications available to them to run their campaigns smoothly and efficiently. The first release is scheduled during February!

www.freeople.com

freedom-maniac
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
There is PLENTY that Ron Paul could do with a stroke of the pen. Stuff that could change the world.

Our current president has been able to change the world with the stroke of a pen as well, but Dr. Paul actually will follow the Constitution, so it won't be as easy. He could veto a bill, but Congress could overturn it like that, just to spite him.

Tdcci
01-26-2008, 01:26 PM
[removed]