PDA

View Full Version : What to do with incentive checks?

mrchubbs
01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I was thinking about what to really do with the $1800.00 I will likely get as part of the economic stimulus package. (technically it's just a small rebate of the taxes most of us already paid.)

Is there a way to send it somewhere to help pay down the national debt?
What if a huge number of people send back their checks with a letter saying "put this towards the national debt." It is that more responsible or even possible? What if hundreds did this?

Or should we just keep the money and spend it in the "economy"?

Or should we donate it to either Dr. Paul or our local Ron Paul Republicans running for office?

You choose and tell me why you chose what you did.

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm sending mine to Ron Paul....its money out of thin air anyway.

Freedom&Reason
01-25-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sending mine to Ron Paul....its money out of thin air anyway.

ROFLMAO, ok the tea party would not be anything if everybody just cashed thier checks and donated to RP. Seriously, like this package is going to work. The only thing people are going do is spend it on booze, save it, or pay bills with it(the bill thing might stimulate something I guess). I say huge money bomb in MAY. Eat it congress and Bush, Bernanke already is with the dow being down 171 points lol so much for the biggest rate drop ever ROFLMAO.

forsmant
01-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I will use my money, I say my money because they took it through withholding, on paying down my debt.

IDefendThePlatform
01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm planning on donating some of it to RP and investing/paying down debt with the rest. I think the advice of "spend it because its good for the economy" doesn't make any sense. We are each individually a part of the economy and however we spend or save our money will eventually be reflected in the economy as a whole. The problems come from government restrictions, regulations, fiat money, etc....
But I think I'm preaching to the choir :)

Ron2Win
01-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Paying down my debt

forsmant
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Paying down debt is actually a way of eliminating money. In America, money is debt, elimination of debt is an elimination of money.

HippyInASuit
01-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Buy gold

JimInNY
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
donate it! http://rebates4ron.com/

constitutional
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Buy Gold

me3
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Pay off credit debt!

peacemonger
01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Pay off credit debt!

Depending on your interest rate, I may disagree. You can keep your debt as a hedge against inflation. When hyper inflation comes, your $300 payment of credit card debt will be the equivalent cost of a six pack of beer and a movie.

I say give it to Ron Paul. Even though reimbursing us for our donations to a political campaign is illegal, if the government wants to reimburse us for our Ron Paul donations, I guess we shouldn't charge the federal government with FEC violations.

ShowMeLiberty
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I have to use some of it to pay down my own debt - which I would have less of if I'd been able to keep that money in the first place - but I will definitely be donating a good chunk of it to RP or a RP Republican running for office in Missouri.

Jae0
01-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Savings.

JGalt
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm going to save it and put it in with the rest of my "gun money," just because I find it hilarious that the schmucks in congress who have worked so hard to take my guns away will have basically bought me an FN FAL for my birthday.