PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul Revolution Logo?

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm sure you all remember the mini series from the '80s called "V" about invading aliens imposing fascist like rule over the people of earth.

While these aliens looked human, they were actually reptiles in disguise, very much like the NeoCons and other establishment members such as the MSM.

"V" stands for VICTORY! Victory must be our objective. So, here's my idea for our movement's new logo:

http://www.mindpulse.com/users/lizlady/images/V-STARTU.GIF

freedom-maniac
01-25-2008, 07:05 PM
No. R[ƎVO˩]UTION is much better.

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 07:16 PM
No. R[ƎVO˩]UTION is much better.

Yeah, but I like 'em both...

freedom-maniac
01-25-2008, 07:18 PM
The V implies V for Vendetta, which suggests terrorism, which is violence.

The R[ƎVO˩]UTION one promotes love, which is the opposition to violence.

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 07:20 PM
The V implies V for Vendetta, which suggests terrorism, which is violence.

The R[ƎVO˩]UTION one promotes love, which is the opposition to violence.

Wrong movie, dude. I'm refering to V for Victory. Used during WWII, and in the TV miniseries "V".

In both cases it means VICTORY, not Vendetta.

RonRules
01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
This new logo is EXACTLY wrong for this second phase of the campaign: Getting the old people to vote for Ron Paul. The RevolUTION was fine early on and did it' work. We need something much more American, much more reassuring.

Arklatex
01-25-2008, 07:22 PM
There's only two things missing: Ron Paul and Revolution

Fields
01-25-2008, 07:27 PM

+1

freedom-maniac
01-25-2008, 07:28 PM
This new logo is EXACTLY wrong for this second phase of the campaign: Getting the old people to vote for Ron Paul. The RevolUTION was fine early on and did it' work. We need something much more American, much more reassuring.

In that case, why not:

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/images/sam.jpg

cien750hp
01-25-2008, 07:29 PM

false. he has the V. he only needs ron paul and reolution now

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
In that case, why not:

http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/images/sam.jpg

Now, I like that one. Very cool.

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Darn, y'all are right. If only my computer had printshop or photoshop on it...I knew I forgot something when I was at bestbuy...anybody got a program to add Ron Paul r3VOLution the the V?

misericordia
01-25-2008, 07:43 PM
this is good

Kotin
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
NOPE

this is not some gimmick

stealing from a movie is stupid.

philipsantamaria
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
if you want emphasis on V for Victory...

just take the REVOLUTION logo...and make the V really big!

Combine both! You'll take the underground Ron Paul logo further underground.

Arklatex
01-25-2008, 08:03 PM

:D ah thanks for the chuckle

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
NOPE

this is not some gimmick

stealing from a movie is stupid.

Sorry....didn't think of it as stealing:( Oh well, I like the origonal anyway...I just wanted to fire things up. I want to win so bad, and Victory is what I'm aiming for - not an independent run, not a "Romney/Paul ticket" - I want to see PRESIDENT PAUL in Jan 2009. VICTORY!!!

Jae0
01-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Good idea nodope0695 but maybe not right for the campaign right now. Keep trying and coming up with ideas and maybe you'll hit something big :)

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree revolution needs to be updated.... but how???

DealzOnWheelz
01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Guys this is great for college campuses but not for the General voting republicans we need to start BRANDING with the campaign's designs

Its like the McDOnalds Arches you see 'em you know it's Micky Dees

So we need to start using the campaign's signs or make signs like the campaign signs This way everytime they see a sign in those colors and layout they immediately know ron paul.

This is all about marketing and advertising. You want to hit people over a 3 day period with 3 different forms of ad's. Branded Signs(ALL EXACTLY THE SAME), then a radio ad, tv ad and if you really wanna hit em hard do a sign wave in an area and send people out canvassing in a 3 block radius this way the people who live there have likely went to the store and saw the sign wave and may have heard an ad on the radio and then someone knocks on there door.....

And now the person has questions before you even begin you r spiel

JonathanR
01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
The theme that will sell to older voters is not that Paul is some sort of revolutionary, but rather that he represents traditional Republican values.

robert4rp08
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I like the revolution logo better.

I'd like to see revolution banners made backwards so the [love] is spelled out correctly. That'd be sweet.

tamor
01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
+6

NMCB3
01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't like the revolution logo with "love" in it. Revolutions are not won, nor have they ever been won with love. It implies a movement comprised of a bunch of pacifist wimps, almost anything else would be better. How about just plain old REVOLUTION! Yea, I kinda like that, its to the point, effective, and has historically worked.

cynic
01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
The 1980's series was called 'V - The Final Battle'.
Personally, I like the Uncle Sam picture; however, the V for Vendetta logic really pulls at my heart strings. It's probably to obscure of a film for the general public to have seen though.

DAFTEK
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
That V is red with dripping blood on it, am i the only one that thinks that has nothing to do with Ron Paul running for president?

reverse
01-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Is this a joke? I'm beginning to understand why grassroots efforts can sometimes hurt the campaign more than help it. You want a mainstream candidate? Use ideas that appeal to the mainstream. Not your circle of buddies. Not some bloody V.

AisA1787
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
That V is red with dripping blood on it, am i the only one that thinks that has nothing to do with Ron Paul running for president?

yes.

just kidding :D

reverse
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Even revolution, as well as it may seem to work for this campaign, for whatever reason has a negative connotation with a lot of voters. I personally like it, but could see why some don't. Unfortunately, with something so official like a presidential campaign, sometimes you just have to care what others are going to think.

cynic
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Is this a joke? I'm beginning to understand why grassroots efforts can sometimes hurt the campaign more than help it. You want a mainstream candidate? Use ideas that appeal to the mainstream. Not your circle of buddies. Not some bloody V.

Well, it was the spray painted signs and R[evol]ution signs that made me take notice of RP. I am probably considered part of the younger crowd though (30). I agree though, a bloody V will probably appeal to few.

reverse
01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Well, it was the spray painted signs and R[evol]ution signs that made me take notice of RP. I am probably considered part of the younger crowd though (30). I agree though, a bloody V will probably appeal to few.

That's great.

I'm 27 myself.. I definitely like the revolution logo.

Mauiboy86
01-25-2008, 08:47 PM
http://rebates4ron.com/images/rudy.jpg

JonathanR
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm 27, and I'm neutral to the rEVOLution logo. My girlfriend is 25 and loves it.

This sort of logo is entirely for the younger crowd. I do not think many older people find anything referencing a "revolution" to be particularly attractive.

pcosmar
01-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Young? Old? Whats that?
I am 50, and have the Revolution banner painted on both sides of my truck. And it will stay there till after the election. I think it is quite appropriate. The LOVE reminds me that this is a peaceful revolution. But we returning to the principals that were fought for by our Founders. We need their revolutionary spirit.
The "V"symbol is not yet appropriate.
I was not a Bloody dripping V.
It was spray paint graffiti, sprayed first on propaganda posters, and became the symbol of the Resistance.
We are not there yet.