PDA

View Full Version : VOTE ON DEBATE QUESTIONS! This is URGENT!

jrich4rpaul
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
h ttp://dyn.politico.com/debate/republicans/VoteForQuestion.cfm#

Read and vote on what you think are the best questions for the next debate

Why is this urgent? Because 90% of the questions submitted are about space exploration and divorce! We need a bigger variety with better questions!

Airborn
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
h ttp://dyn.politico.com/debate/republicans/VoteForQuestion.cfm#

Read and vote on what you think are the best questions for the next debate

Why is this urgent? Because 90% of the questions submitted are about space exploration and divorce! We need a bigger variety with better questions!

wth is wrong with people? Is that really our most important issue this country is facing? Getting to mars?

MikeSmith
01-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Wow, this is definitely more important than voting in a stupid online poll. Ron needs to knock this debate out of the park. Do you have any confirmation (proof) that they will actually be asking the most popular (most voted on) questions? Maybe people can submit and vote on questions, but they've already decided what they're going to ask, or they'll only use one or two of the ones people are voting on.

khorbis
01-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I read a few dozen questions, but none of them JUMPED out at me...

I agree with the importance of the "right' questions being asked, assuming (as mentioned earlier) that those holding the debate will actually USE the questions most voted on.

Subtle questions need to be developed that will, in general, help Ron Paul if he is asked but, and this is very important, they also must be difficult ENOUGH so that every other candidate will struggle with it.

If anyone posts a questions, PLEASE post it on the forum so the grassroots can vote bomb it (assuming it meets the above criteria). This is a fantastic opportunity for us to level the playing field.

Todd
01-25-2008, 08:17 PM
bump

Mauiboy86
01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Bump
http://www.charlestonyachtcharter.com/images/John%20Mccain%20presidential%20candidate.jpg

pilby
01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
i just submitted a few. can't figure out how to link to them, though. they're all currently on the first page of "Most Recent"

Question on: Leadership
Please name for us the top 3 PAC's and/or lobbyists that have donated to your presidential campaign. Why do you think those organizations donated to your campaign?

Question on: Health Care
Governor Romney, you frequently state that the way to fix healthcare is to get the government out of it, and then you insist that the solution is something similar to your law in MA mandating health insurance. How does such a law get the government out of health care?

Question on: Iraq
Did we not already win the War against Iraq? If so, what are we still doing there? If not, what is the current definable objective of the war and how will we know when we have won or lost it?

humanic
01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
All of these questions sound like they were written by Ron Paul supporters. How did that happen?

literatim
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
I like:

"Our nation’s Comptroller General, David Walker, has explicitly stated that our government has promised far more money than it actually has or will ever have to pay entitlements to Medicare and Social Security beneficiaries when the “Baby Boomer” generation enters the system. What is your specific plan to take care of those dependent on these entitlements without heavily taxing young and future workers? And do you support legislation that would allow young workers to opt out of these programs?"

literatim
01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh and make sure you vote for:

"Question on: Economy
Can you explain exactly what your definition of winning the war on terror (not limited to Iraq) is, when you think we will 'win', what you think it will cost to 'win', and whether you feel the cost today and in the future is and will continue to be major drain on the economy? Moderator - please note this is solely intended to be a question about the candidates views on the impact of the war on terror on our economy (and is not meant to be a foreign policy or Iraq question)."

It is under Most Popular, keep it there.

mello
01-25-2008, 08:51 PM
I found the question to vote for:

159. Question on: Leadership

Will you support the GOP nomination even if it is Dr. Ron Paul? Gentlemen, each of you have openly mocked and belittled 10-term congressman Ron Paul in previous debates. When you mock Dr. Paul's ideas, you mock all his supporters, you mock the Constitution, you mock the original platforms of the GOP. If you are nominated, why should we vote for you?

Highstreet
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM

Will you support the GOP nomination even if it is Dr. Ron Paul? Gentlemen, each of you have openly mocked and belittled 10-term congressman Ron Paul in previous debates. When you mock Dr. Paul's ideas, you mock all his supporters, you mock the Constitution, you mock the original platforms of the GOP. If you are nominated, why should we vote for you?

Nice.

It moved to #161.

mello
01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Nice.

It moved to #161.

I seriously think that we should try to get the question to the top. We have the networking on this forum to get it done!

I think it is currently on page 7 or 8.

CurtisLow
01-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Vote!

h ttp://dyn.politico.com/debate/republicans/VoteForQuestion.cfm

I hate to say it, But I think CNN will have there own made up questions.... Scam as usual

My question to all candidates:
Question on: Economy
Since the Federal reserve is as Federal as Federal Express and has no oversight to the US government or it's people. Would you change or close this entity and if so what would you put in it's place?

chipvogel
01-25-2008, 10:36 PM
here are mine

The Constitution of Iraq states Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation: No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam.

If you were a citizen of Iraq would you say that you live in a free country?

Question on: Foreign Policy (Not Iraq)
The first dramatic growth spurt of the national debt occurred because of the Civil War. The debt was just $65 million in 1860, but passed $1 billion in 1863 and had reached $2.7 billion following the war. The debt slowly fluctuated for the rest of the century, finally growing steadily in the 1910s and early 1920s to roughly $22 billion as the country paid for involvement in World War I. The buildup and involvement in World War II brought the debt up another order of magnitude from $51 billion in 1940 to $260 billion following the war. After this period, the debt's growth closely matched the rate of inflation until the 1980s, when it again began to skyrocket. Between 1980 and 1990, the debt more than tripled. By the end of 2005, the gross debt reached $7.9 trillion, about 8.7 times its 1980 level.

Can the US afford another war? Is the amount of debt damaging our national security?

From the Regan Carter debates 1980 on the subject of Iran MR. REAGAN: The degree of unpopularity of a regime when the choice is total authoritarianism totalitarianism, I should say, in the alternative government, makes one wonder whether you are being helpful to the people. And we've been guilty of that. Because someone didn't meet exactly our standards of human rights, even though they were an ally of ours, instead of trying patiently to persuade them to change their ways, we have, in a number of instances, aided a revolutionary overthrow which results in complete totalitarianism.

Is the current US policy towards Pakistan repeating the same mistakes that lead to Islamic theocracy in Iran?

krott5333
01-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I submitted this for John McCain:

You have stated that you would be willing to wage war without a declaration by Congress. Because of the unConstitutional nature of such an action, do you plan on refusing to take the oath of office to uphold the Constitution should you become President?

krott5333
01-25-2008, 11:12 PM
and I submitted this for the democrats

Many of you support a government-provided healthcare system. How can you ensure efficiency and competitiveness in a monopolistic system?

RP-Republican
01-25-2008, 11:22 PM
The questions listed as most popular are junk. Focus on economy questions

Royksopp
01-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Click on 'Most popular questions' on the top bar.

Vote for one on the first 4 pages at most.

Because it is so close until the debate, the best chance we stand is by getting a good, already popular question in.

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Voted. blimp

Royksopp
01-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Questions about THE CONSTITUTION and TAXES.

Ignore all the stupid space ones.

quietcorner
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM

This would be a funny question if CNN actually used whatever question became most popular.

If you click on Topic, then go to page 51 as it is now question #1251.

Royksopp
01-26-2008, 12:51 AM
This would be a funny question if CNN actually used whatever question became most popular.

If you click on Topic, then go to page 51 as it is now question #1251.

They wont use it. Dont waste time searching for it.

Republicans like Paul's stance on the Constitution, and Taxes. Make SURE he gets a question about one of them.

jrich4rpaul
01-26-2008, 05:51 AM
bump

CJLauderdale4
01-26-2008, 06:09 AM
We need to sticky the RP questions and vote for them...

I submitted this one:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101883

Wyurm
01-26-2008, 06:26 AM
on the "most popular page" the question at the top is good. That's the one Daily Paul was pushing 2 of the others are ok as well. The rest on the first page are all about NASA, darfur and junk like that. I pushed a bunch of economic questions up since it is one of the most pressing problems right now and Dr. Paul's area of expertise. It will definitely not be something McCain can deal with without a lifeline.

Wyurm
01-26-2008, 06:36 AM
I really like this one:
Question on: Leadership
Often politicians claim that the world changed on 9/11. While the attack was dramatic, it was by no means the first attempt and likely isn't the last. So what exactly changed aside from increased disregard for the U.S. Constitution as demonstrated by the passing and renewal of the Patriot Act and other related efforts that directly violate American citizen's most fundamental rights.

newmedia4ron
01-26-2008, 06:45 AM
WTF is up with all these space questions. I like scifi more then the next guy but is that the biggest issue? F*CK MARS!

chipvogel
01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
WTF is up with all these space questions. I like scifi more then the next guy but is that the biggest issue? F*CK MARS!

speaking for "my people" the geeks that is

My guilty pleasure is NASA; it the federal government program that I had to let go of to support Ron Paul. When NASA was funded properly is did a lot of good. There were a great many space-age spin offs that everyone benefited from (bar codes, smoke detectors and on and on). I'm a firm believer that a putting any bunch of geeks together in the same area will result in some new technology.

In some way I hope for a space race with the Chinese....from what I've seen fear motivates people more than a positive vision of the future.

SilentBull
01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Voted for question #8.

Question on: Economy
Our nation’s Comptroller General, David Walker, has explicitly stated that our government has promised far more money than it actually has or will ever have to pay entitlements to Medicare and Social Security beneficiaries when the “Baby Boomer” generation enters the system. What is your specific plan to take care of those dependent on these entitlements without heavily taxing young and future workers to fund this program? And do you support legislation that would allow young workers to opt out of these programs?

RonRules
01-26-2008, 12:28 PM
There's a lot of questions, but please take the time to answer those who you think Ron Paul would do well on.

Not enough Social Security questions.

chipvogel
01-26-2008, 11:45 PM
The 3 I submitted are on the 1st most popular page #7 10 and 12 at the moment

If you have a chance please vote for them if you like them

dyn.politico.com/debate/republicans/VoteForQuestion.cfm

It hurts that these questions are less popular than the NASA questions

The Constitution of Iraq states Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation: No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam.

If you were a citizen of Iraq would you say that you live in a free country?

The first dramatic growth spurt of the national debt occurred because of the Civil War. The debt was just $65 million in 1860, but passed $1 billion in 1863 and had reached $2.7 billion following the war. The debt slowly fluctuated for the rest of the century, finally growing steadily in the 1910s and early 1920s to roughly $22 billion as the country paid for involvement in World War I. The buildup and involvement in World War II brought the debt up another order of magnitude from $51 billion in 1940 to $260 billion following the war. After this period, the debt's growth closely matched the rate of inflation until the 1980s, when it again began to skyrocket. Between 1980 and 1990, the debt more than tripled. By the end of 2005, the gross debt reached $7.9 trillion, about 8.7 times its 1980 level.

Can the US afford another war? Is the amount of debt damaging our national security?

From the Regan Carter debates 1980 on the subject of Iran MR. REAGAN: The degree of unpopularity of a regime when the choice is total authoritarianism totalitarianism, I should say, in the alternative government, makes one wonder whether you are being helpful to the people. And we've been guilty of that. Because someone didn't meet exactly our standards of human rights, even though they were an ally of ours, instead of trying patiently to persuade them to change their ways, we have, in a number of instances, aided a revolutionary overthrow which results in complete totalitarianism.