PDA

View Full Version : That one excellent thing that gets RP elected...

rhexis
01-25-2008, 05:31 PM
I personally do not believe RP will get the nomination following the current track. His ideas are out there, he running a traditional campaign, he is not going negative, it seems like its all we can do to combat the disinformation out there. Altogether it seems like his support has plateaued.

I'm thinking that he needs to do something excellent and spectacular to capture the attention of the people. I don't know what that is, though. He needs to say something, ask something, do something, reveal something. What do you think that something might be? Maybe the campaign will be able to use your idea if they are paying attention.

rhexis

Akus
01-25-2008, 05:35 PM
You can set yourself on fire on a public square in protest.

Real_CaGeD
01-25-2008, 05:38 PM

ROFL

Magsec
01-25-2008, 05:39 PM
A possible way is to start intimate. Start talking with someone at a church. Try to get a good conversation going. Target 3 or 4 people there, and they'll be whispering it around and it'll spread. No joke, my dad has told me about this happening at his church.

Remember, people come together at church. Best to do it before or after a service though, not during lol.

nate895
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM
We need to say something that the media thinks makes him insane, yet most of America agrees with.

Find a position that boils down to something totally insulting to the media. They'll carry it, and garner us 50% of the vote.

Fields
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM

+1

Arklatex
01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
I want him to look right at the camera in the next debate, and talk to our hearts. Put it all on the line and call it like it is. Tell America how corrupt our system is and how these other goons would just continue it. THAT WOULD TURN SOME HEADS.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm thinking that he needs to do something excellent and spectacular to capture the attention of the people. I don't know what that is, though.

How 'bout a blimp with Ron Paul's name on it?

Marc3579
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I'll leave the campaign decision up to Ron Paul himself. He's not new to the political scene and he knows full well what he's doing. The two new advisors will help him get his economic plan out there. The two new advisors show he's in it for the long haul.

MrAustin
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
There's no way his support has plateaued. Most people (as unbelievable as it is) still don't know who he is, or have never heard of him.

Maybe his "internet" support has plateaued.

Goldwater Conservative
01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Diagnose McCain with a mental disorder in the middle of the next debate and perform an emergency lobotomy on him right then and there.

Kotin
01-25-2008, 06:17 PM
I want him to look right at the camera in the next debate, and talk to our hearts. Put it all on the line and call it like it is. Tell America how corrupt our system is and how these other goons would just continue it. THAT WOULD TURN SOME HEADS.

i completely agree!!!

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
How 'bout a blimp with Ron Paul's name on it?

Yeah, wow, what a novel idea!! Oh, I've got one, how about a limo, or a NASCAR!

How about if he teaches about Constitutional principles...now thats radical and out there. But wait, that might only get him ignored by the establishment, the media, and blissfully ignorant Amerisheep.

Bossobass
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
We dropped the ball. The one thing we definitely have that would get the attention needed is numbers.

Had we shown up at the debate 10,000 strong, there wouldn't be a news outlet in the world that wouldn't have reported it.

A super rally with 50,000 supporters would turn the election in our favor.

I know, I know, we're too busy, it's too far away, it takes too much effort, blah, blah. I'm just saying that it's the one thing we could do better than any other candidate. It would make the news. It would answer the 'Is he electable?" BS. It would be an excellent venue to announce the Economic Recovery Plan, with Schiff and Luskin there to kick it off as the highlight of a full slate program that would lead to the grand entrance of the next POTUS.

The roar would cave the roof in.

Never been anything like it before and no one would ever doubt his popularity again without sounding stupid. And, it's something we could definitely do with 100,000 in Meetups alone.

Bosso

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
I personally do not believe RP will get the nomination following the current track. His ideas are out there, he running a traditional campaign, he is not going negative, it seems like its all we can do to combat the disinformation out there. Altogether it seems like his support has plateaued.

I'm thinking that he needs to do something excellent and spectacular to capture the attention of the people. I don't know what that is, though. He needs to say something, ask something, do something, reveal something. What do you think that something might be? Maybe the campaign will be able to use your idea if they are paying attention.

rhexis

Paul's bringing in some heavy guns, Shift and Luskin are just the beginning.

THE CORPERATE CANDIDATES WILL DESTROY THEMSELVES INTO OBLIVION AND WHEN THE DUST CLEARS PAUL WILL BE LEFT STANDING ALONE UPON THE PRINCIPLES IN THE CONSTITUTION. - (for voters to select as the best choice)

Dont worry, the others will beat each other down. Rational, aware voters in the country will see Paul's consistent principled integrity and maybe in enough time to win some states and enough delegates.

Carl Corey
01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
We need to say something that the media thinks makes him insane, yet most of America agrees with.

Find a position that boils down to something totally insulting to the media. They'll carry it, and garner us 50% of the vote.

I can think of a few things.

Advocating to only allow pretty women and smart men to immigrate. The media would certainly go :eek: but most people would agree with the practical sensibility of the idea.

And while on the crack pot, advocate a ban on male infant circumcision :D

More seriously, advocating to only tax a percentage of ones income above 100K a year and wealth above 10M. The media would jump right on the flip flop, but most people would find it more sensible than abolishing the income tax altogether, and it'd be a decent in-between policy, you know, the kind that never gets abolished.

PledgeForPaul
01-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Stay positive and work at this 100% until at least super Tuesday. Read this to help inspire you:

http://www.redtelegram.com/2008/01/25/how-could-ron-paul-win-the-republican-nomination/

FreestarMediaDotCom
01-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I agree. I got HUGE national publicity for a rebellion against eminent domain in 2005. I've offered to help the campaign several times and been rebuffed each time. I talked to several top people. It's so sad. I really think I could execute a PR project that would launch Ron into major numbers.

rebelforacause
01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
mcain mentioned (though his track record contradicts it) " careful with your tax dollars" for a reason

RP campaign NEEDS to be more specific with the 2-3 issues sheeple actually Understand - most arent on the same page as us

solution?

END UNACCOUNTABLE SPENDING > bring troops home> implement more efficient defense spending

End IRS ( can now be realistically understood)
Reduce healthcare costs and redirect 110 billion of the 500 billion saves towars reducing the healthcare burden TO SMALL BUSINESSES ( who pay 2-3 times the inflated individual health premiums)

SAVE THE ECONOMY ( small business can now afford to hire more)

Freedom&Reason
01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
If you saw the last debate, I think there was some foretelling in RP's words. I will just leave it at that, since I think some of the other people from the campaigns search these forums( I will let them think what they want). I think RP is extremely intelligent already has a plan and shouldn't share it. The one thing all us grassroots people need to do is keep spreading the word and pounding it into the peoples heads that he is the man to help this country back on the correct path.

LIBERTY, LIFE, AND FREEDOM. Ron Paul inspired and showed me that the truth(is hard to want to even realize) is the only way to happiness.

Suhail Syed
01-25-2008, 07:22 PM

rhexis

he needs to go on the attack
he got Mccain real well last night with a slap in his face... but his principles will not allow him to attack Mccain to the point where his nose is broken... unfortunatly mainstream media loves violence... even if it's cold-war violence... look at how they focused on Obama and Clinton... if he wont get the nomination he should attack their contradictions...

now why he wont do this... because he wants people to vote for him because they believe him... because paul represents me that's why i'm voting him type of thing... not ron made me realize how bad these other candidates are i'm going to vote for him so they don't win

MaidenFan
01-25-2008, 07:35 PM
If you saw the last debate, I think there was some foretelling in RP's words. I will just leave it at that, since I think some of the other people from the campaigns search these forums( I will let them think what they want). I think RP is extremely intelligent already has a plan and shouldn't share it. The one thing all us grassroots people need to do is keep spreading the word and pounding it into the peoples heads that he is the man to help this country back on the correct path.

LIBERTY, LIFE, AND FREEDOM. Ron Paul inspired and showed me that the truth(is hard to want to even realize) is the only way to happiness.
I hope, for all our sakes, you're right. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some sort of amazing stratagems he hasn't revealed yet, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't :(.

Hope for the best, expect the worst. That's my motto.

Ricochet
01-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm thinkin....

A Ron Paul Submarine! Who's in? :D

FSP-Rebel
01-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, why don't you take a look at the chip-ins and make em happen. Fl's primary doesn't mean dick in the overall scheme of things. There are SO many states coming up. Let's get serious about the next moneybomb and start funding the billboard, tv, and newspaper ads for the upcoming states. Anything National does will be in complement to us.

rebelforacause
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I am done

ronpaulitician
01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
McClintock is announced as Paul's VP.
(the one excellent thing)

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 09:13 PM
I am done

you said the same thing 2 on Nov 13th- http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=401674#post401674

wierd thing is i agreed with your prior post in this thread, then you said i dont get it. dont be so hasty.