PDA

View Full Version : $200 gets 10,000 postcards distributed

Sematary
08-02-2007, 11:34 AM
This postcard seems to be the best route to go for Ozzfest. I've already had a single donation to interleave1@earthlink.net on paypal to cover printing costs. I need $200 more plus some volunteers to help distribute. Here is the postcard:

Front
http://www.doomwadstation.com/rp2.jpg

Back
http://www.doomwadstation.com/rp1.jpg

DeadheadForPaul
08-02-2007, 11:46 AM
hah I'm glad that's for ozzfest. I was alarmed that this was going out to Iowans lol

Sematary
08-02-2007, 11:48 AM
hah I'm glad that's for ozzfest. I was alarmed that this was going out to Iowans lol

I believe it was designed specifically with this demographic in mind. Anyway, I need people to help distribute and $200 to order, or I'll have to print them myself and I won't be able to print enough.

JoshLowry
08-02-2007, 11:50 AM
What city are you distributing them in? Have any local meetup members?

Sematary
08-02-2007, 11:52 AM
What city are you distributing them in? Have any local meetup members?

This particular Ozzfest is the Boston one which is held at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Ma. There are tens of thousands of people from around New England who attend this. I have emailed a meetup group in Providence asking for assistance and I already have a couple of volunteers to help with distribution. Hopefully, more will sign on.

Santana28
08-02-2007, 11:58 AM
i think you should have made the part about ending the war in iraq bigger than the anti-drug stuff. most people i've talked to in the 18-25 crowd just assume that those laws are here and aren't going away, so its not the top of their concern as far as who is going to get their vote or not. same thing with the IRS. its nice, but its not the big issue on their mind. it might even dissuade the people in the crowd who DON'T smoke pot and have a negative view of drugs (of which there are many) by making it seem like such a focal point of his campaign...

i understand why you did it... just my thoughts... i'm 26, btw.

Harry96
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Those look great, but if I may make one suggestion: Most people have still never heard of Ron Paul, and a great way to remember something is repetition. If you can make room, I'd redesign each bullet point to begin with his name; instead of just "Voted No . . ." It's "Ron Paul voted NO . . ." That's better than just mentioning his name on the first bullet point. So when you go down each bullet point, it's:

Ron Paul . . .
Ron Paul . . .
Ron Paul . . .
Ron Paul . . .
Ron Paul . . .

belian78
08-02-2007, 12:01 PM
WOW! good work! this will definately help turn some heads with the Ozzfest crowd. can donations wait until after Aug 10th? i'll have some extra then.

mport1
08-02-2007, 12:02 PM
These need to be mailed/distributed to Iowa IMMEDIATELY! 10,000 is a great deal for $200.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
i think you should have made the part about ending the war in iraq bigger than the anti-drug stuff. most people i've talked to in the 18-25 crowd just assume that those laws are here and aren't going away, so its not the top of their concern as far as who is going to get their vote or not. same thing with the IRS. its nice, but its not the big issue on their mind. it might even dissuade the people in the crowd who DON'T smoke pot and have a negative view of drugs (of which there are many) by making it seem like such a focal point of his campaign...

i understand why you did it... just my thoughts... i'm 26, btw.

I'd like to be able to take credit for these, but I can't. Another poster did. He originally put them in another thread that I began on this subject.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
WOW! good work! this will definately help turn some heads with the Ozzfest crowd. can donations wait until after Aug 10th? i'll have some extra then.

The show is on the 20th so I need to get the donations together A.S.A.P. The printer, I'm sure, will need some time to print them and ship them to me.

McDermit
08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
It was actually designed for a KottonMouth Kings concert, where the entire fan base smokes. The band members themselves are politically active where medical marijuana/industrial hemp are concerned as well. So RP's stance on drugs was the main focal point. I think it will work well for the Ozzfest crowd as well.

And I wanted to use "Ron Paul" in each bullet point, but it took up too much space and if the text got any smaller, it would be unreadable. Had to comprosmise a bit. :rolleyes:

Sematary
08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
These need to be mailed/distributed to Iowa IMMEDIATELY! 10,000 is a great deal for $200.

It is actually $300 - someone already donated $100, which leaves me needing $200

Sematary
08-02-2007, 12:12 PM
It was actually designed for a KottonMouth Kings concert, where the entire fan base smokes. The band members themselves are politically active where medical marijuana/industrial hemp are concerned as well. So RP's stance on drugs was the main focal point. I think it will work well for the Ozzfest crowd as well.

And I wanted to use "Ron Paul" in each bullet point, but it took up too much space and if the text got any smaller, it would be unreadable. Had to comprosmise a bit. :rolleyes:

It looks great. Let's get some donations now!

Sematary
08-02-2007, 01:01 PM
bumpty bump

brumans
08-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Those are awesome post cards. Great Job -- I think they will receive a great response.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Those are awesome post cards. Great Job -- I think they will receive a great response.

Must
have
volunteers
and
donations

Sematary
08-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I now am up to $125 towards the cost of printing. Can anyone else add to this total? I am contacting various people to try and get volunteers out to distribute but with only 18 days I need to get the money together right now to get printing done.
Again, my paypal email is interleave1@earthlink.net

MozoVote
08-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I chipped in $25 more. Any bigger spenders waiting? :)

DeadheadForPaul
08-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Those work great for concerts but I HIGHLY advise against mailing anything even remotely like that to Iowa. This is the same state that turned on Howard Dean because the man was labeled as a latte-drinking, anti-war guy...Iowans care about illegal immigration, gun rights, and taxes

McDermit
08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Those work great for concerts but I HIGHLY advise against mailing anything even remotely like that to Iowa. This is the same state that turned on Howard Dean because the man was labeled as a latte-drinking, anti-war guy...Iowans care about illegal immigration, gun rights, and taxes

Yeah, definitely not intended for a general audience.. or even all concerts. Be sure to know your audience!

specsaregood
08-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I chipped in $25 more. Any bigger spenders waiting? :)

Maybe. :)

Sematary, How are you going to get these distributed? Have you had any luck finding volunteers? I'll chip in; but I want to hear some promising details on actually getting them distributed.

MozoVote
08-02-2007, 06:58 PM
You definately want to round up a crowd of volunteers. The event security will probably frown on flyers being put on cars. Get a fairly big group of people together, and POUNCE simultaneously at the agreed upon hour.