PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Revere April 18th

affa
01-25-2008, 04:31 PM
RON PAUL REVERE

In case you haven't noticed, there are like 20 million different money bombs happening... Jan. 29th, Jan 30th, Feb 1st, Feb 2nd, Feb 4th, etc. This sort of diffusion happened around the last MLK money bomb as well.

Now, whether this happened due to good intentions, misplaced ego, intentional misdirection by trolls, or simple miscommunication, one thing is clear: spreading out our energy like this doesn't do us any good at all.

Seriously - I'm all for donating more and I still don't know what the 'official' money bomb is. And we sure did wait to the last second with the MLK one, didn't we? Even leading up to it people were still trying to make it a 'weekend' event.

And before someone says 'forget the money bombs, just donate today' you're missing the power of acting as one - it's not about breaking records, it's not about getting media attention - it's about COMMUNITY. We see our own power every money bomb even if not one damn reporter makes a peep.

This is important, so it's worth repeating: every time WE act together, WE see our power. And that's a beautiful thing. The mainstream media is not and never will be on our side -- if they were we'd be the media darling underdog story gone wild.

A secondary issue is that all recent money bombs have been scheduled 'last second', which makes them very hard to promote. The Tea Party was a prime example of massive positive coordination - involving not just youtube videos but public events covered by the MMS. That takes time, planning, energy.

SO... the point of this email is simple:

April 18th is the Ron Paul Revere Midnight Ride Money Bomb.

April 18th is too late, you say? Well, I'm not saying this is the next moneybomb, or that you should wait till the 18th to contribute. What I am saying, however, is that this should be an official money bomb date. And this is important - no other money bombs should be planned near it.

Because one way or the other, Ron Paul will STILL be in the running for the presidency on April 18th, and Ron Paul will STILL need contributions. There will still be a nomination to be won, possibly at a brokered convention. There is still the general election. And if all goes well, we'll have many, many more supporters by that point after successful showings in even more states.

Why April 18th?
Well, that's the midnight ride of Paul Revere, of course. One of the most important and legendary events during the original American Revolution.

more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Revere

It's perfect for a number of reasons - first of all, it's far in advance that we can actually promote it (though not yet, see below). It's catchy and triggers our childhood memories. It flows well with promotion (very much like the Tea Party) in terms of visual imagery - I can visualize some great videos already. It has a coincidental but fortunate name similarity (Paul/Paul).

And the event, much like the Tea Party, is very much symbolically aligned with our own movement.

Don't promote it yet, because we DO need to get money into the coffers before then. This should not be the next event - Dr. Ron Paul will need money well before then and we don't want people to think they should wait two months to contribute. But that doesn't mean you can't start making some videos and such now, getting ready for later.

Please note: Apr 13th is Thomas Jefferson's birthday, another possible day. As it approaches I'm sure some will suggest it. Please, though, let's decide now and avoid dilution of intent. I firmly believe the Midnight Ride, like the Tea Party, is a far better day to focus on for sheer promotional value.

In conclusion - April 18th. April 18th. April 18th.

And DONATE NOW TOO!

affa
01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
unabashed self bump