PDA

View Full Version : Here is why one morning radio host is supporting Paul after Thompson.

thusspeaks
01-25-2008, 04:21 PM
For those of you who do not know Ralph Bristol (I'm not sure where his show is aired) he is the morning show host for the conservative radio station 99.7 WTN based out of Nashville, TN.

If you follow this link:
http://ralphbristol.com/

It will take you to his main page. Just above center, in the "show audio" column is the heading "If not Fred, who?" Click it and choose whichever option suits you for playing audio on your computer and listen to his "planned rant" on why he is voting for Paul. It's a pretty good reason, I think. A bit self defeating, but still good.

AisA1787
01-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Good find.

I'm glad he's willing to look past his differences in foreign policy to embrace the only conservative left in the race. I hope more Fred supporters join him! Fred was actually my second choice in the race, I'm sorry to see him go.

Two comments, though:

1) Ron Paul never said that the jihadists will immediately leave us alone if we withdraw from the middle east (and the rest of the world). I think his words when asked about that were something like "Well of course they're not going to leave us alone right away. They have to trust us first -- they have to believe that we're actually going to keep our military bases out of their country. That will take time. But if we don't withdraw, we will face much more serious consequences down the road because our presence in their holy lands is drawing more recruits to their cause." This isn't a direct quote, I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what he said about the subject.

2) Ron Paul is for a strong national defense. He wants to reverse the wave of base closures that happened in America in the 1990's -- basically he wants to "transplant" all the bases on foreign soil to American soil, along with the 500,000 or so soldiers we have abroad, and keep the armed forces strong and ready for defense when we really need it. Many people in America don't know that while we were building all these bases in foreign lands, we were shutting down bases here at home. My father lost his job in a base closure in the 90s, along with hundreds of other people in my community. So instead of many medium sized bases spread throughout the country, we have many fewer "mega" bases. Talk about terrorist targets!

Matt Collins
01-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I work with this guy:

Ralph.Bristol@cumulus.com

RSLudlum
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Bump!!!

Can somebody YouTube this audio?

Entitle it "Stop OPM!!" :D

tonyr1988
01-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Let's spread this far and wide!!! Lots of conservatives are dying to support Paul, but can't get over the war issue.

Matt Collins
01-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Let's spread this far and wide!!! Lots of conservatives are dying to support Paul, but can't get over the war issue.Especially in TN!!!

VoteForRonPaul
01-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Can somebody YouTube this audio?

Thanks!

VoteForRonPaul
01-25-2008, 10:08 PM
This guy reminds me of Glenn Beck he sounds like a robot

Matt Collins
01-25-2008, 10:55 PM
This guy reminds me of Glenn Beck he sounds like a robotRalph actually considers himself a libertarian.

Omnis
01-26-2008, 04:12 AM
Two comments, though:

1) Ron Paul never said that the jihadists will immediately leave us alone if we withdraw from the middle east (and the rest of the world). I think his words when asked about that were something like "Well of course they're not going to leave us alone right away. They have to trust us first -- they have to believe that we're actually going to keep our military bases out of their country. That will take time. But if we don't withdraw, we will face much more serious consequences down the road because our presence in their holy lands is drawing more recruits to their cause." This isn't a direct quote, I'm paraphrasing, but that's more or less what he said about the subject.

2) Ron Paul is for a strong national defense. He wants to reverse the wave of base closures that happened in America in the 1990's -- basically he wants to "transplant" all the bases on foreign soil to American soil, along with the 500,000 or so soldiers we have abroad, and keep the armed forces strong and ready for defense when we really need it. Many people in America don't know that while we were building all these bases in foreign lands, we were shutting down bases here at home. My father lost his job in a base closure in the 90s, along with hundreds of other people in my community. So instead of many medium sized bases spread throughout the country, we have many fewer "mega" bases. Talk about terrorist targets!

QFT. Seriously, people are absolutely delusional if they think a Ron Paul presidency means 9/11 II.

Matt Collins
01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
QFT. Seriously, people are absolutely delusional if they think a Ron Paul presidency means 9/11 II.Absolutely.