PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be interviewed in one hour...

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I have til 5pm. I feel pretty confident in my stances, as this is an article about students' opinions on the 2008 election season and I'm sure the other people who have been interviewed for potentially being published are not as well versed, but then again who knows.

Any advice for a student interview?

Oh, by the way this interview is for the Gainesville Times in Gainesville, Ga

TexMac
01-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Good luck!

ronpaulfollower999
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Dress for success. Meaning, leave your tinfoil hat at home.

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 03:09 PM
it's on the phone

Grandson of Liberty
01-25-2008, 03:09 PM
my advice would be stay off these forums the rest of the day and just be yourself. You don't need a thousand pieces of advice flying at you before the interview!

DealzOnWheelz
01-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I think you should say something about single issue voters

And how they need to look at the big picture as Economy & Foreign Policy are intertwined, if the economy tanks our world military empire will collapse and then we will definitely not be safe.

Just talk about how all of Ron's positions are intertwined and alleviate each other

surf
emphasize how Ron is better for "your generation" i.e. SS, debt, draft, etc.

How your generation will be burdened by the huge obligation being piled on you by the current "republicrats," and emphasize that Ron has the ONLY realistic plans to fix this.

tell them he is the candidate for the young (you) and old alike

pinkmandy
And differentiate between isolationism and non intervention. Good luck!!!!

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh, well, use all the tinfoil you want then, if its on the phone...

Keep it short, simple, and civil. Make them lose their cool--don't lose yours. Try every chance you get to inject humor into it--humor gets under their defenses so you can get your point in. Stress the good doctor's unimpeachable integrity and tireless history of working for the people. And don't ramble on. Do your damndest to get every point across in thirty seconds or less. Don't stop thinking about your audience.

Make it fun, buddy--really. Enjoy!

BLS
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Overtaxation.

Mention HOW repealing the IRS will only set us back to spending levels of 1998.

Foreign Policy.

Mention how spending money on troops in S. Korea is wasteful and that money earned by those soldiers isn't being spent here. It's a win win if you bring em home.

LEAVE OUT the NAU, the war in IRAQ (unless you get positive feedback on it), and other not so popular issues. No REAL ID stuff...stick to Republican principles.

WilliamC
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Seriously, use the bathroom 1/2 hour before the interview. Don't have anything to drink until it's over. Breath, relax, and speak just a little bit slower than you normally would.

Shink
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Economy Economy Economy

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Can't think of anything useful to say except: good luck!

torchbearer
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
get someone you know to ask you interview questions. Practice answering them. Get several friends together to ask you potential questions. This will help you think out your answers.. help you solidify your foundation and gives you confidence to go into the interview.

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
print out the issues and have some quotes ready from Ron Paul. use his talking points. Be yourself. Everyone aces every interview when they're themself.

edit: you're not on camera. You don't have to be snappy and everything. newspapper interviews can be a little less formal. Use that to your advantage, speak slow and clear. (not too slow :P)

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 03:25 PM
you ask me some questions

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Q: What are the issues important to you as a students?

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Q: What role will young people have in this years election?

torchbearer
you need to speak your answers, not type them.
The number one question is...
why do you support Ron Paul?
What issues are most important to you?
How did you hear about Ron Paul?

then.. you may want to put together questions based on each of Ron Paul's policy positions.
Use America First attitude. Ask a questions such as what are we getting in return for the trillions we spend overseas? Ask questions in concern with your future and the economy of our country, the debt... the inflation. etc.

RonPizzle
a stable economy, smart foreign policy, and defense of our civil liberties.

Elwar
01-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Imagine everyone in the room is naked.

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:31 PM
Q: Young people are known to not vote, and this year there seems to be some excitement over Obama in the youth crowd. Why do you think his message has sparked such an intrest for youth?

A-HINT: Spin it back to Paul. "Obama;s great but I see the real enthusiasm for Ron Paul"

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:32 PM

LOL I hope you know how to form sentances!

oh yeah. don't try too hard. don't say that in 400 words.

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 03:32 PM
young people always have their candidate, but they never actually can organize to go and cast their vote. due to the communication improvements that the internet gives, young people are organized as well as ever. this election may very well be the election that the unification of young people actually has.

surf
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM

A "strong" economy. political writers love that crap. good luck!

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:34 PM
young people always have their candidate, but they never actually can organize to go and cast their vote. due to the communication improvements that the internet gives, young people are organized as well as ever. this election may very well be the election that the unification of young people actually has.

you'll do fine.

breath.

You've graduated.

relax.

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 03:35 PM
so, if I should not say "strong" what should I say to describe my ideal economy?

Swmorgan77
01-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I have til 5pm. I feel pretty confident in my stances, as this is an article about students' opinions on the 2008 election season and I'm sure the other people who have been interviewed for potentially being published are not as well versed, but then again who knows.

Any advice for a student interview?

Oh, by the way this interview is for the Gainesville Times in Gainesville, Ga

The war is a good issue, and check this out so know know exactly WHY the Iraq authorization was unconstituitonal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCrh6qcAzik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUvANnPcmbU

Grandson of Liberty
01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
my advice would be stay off these forums the rest of the day and just be yourself. You don't need a thousand pieces of advice flying at you before the interview! . . .

I think you should say something about single issue voters

And how they need to look at the big picture as Economy & Foreign Policy are intertwined, if the economy tanks our world military empire will collapse and then we will definitely not be safe.

Just talk about how all of Ron's positions are intertwined and alleviate each other

emphasize how Ron is better for "your generation" i.e. SS, debt, draft, etc.

How your generation will be burdened by the huge obligation being piled on you by the current "republicrats," and emphasize that Ron has the ONLY realistic plans to fix this.

tell them he is the candidate for the young (you) and old alike

And differentiate between isolationism and non intervention. Good luck!!!!

Overtaxation.

Mention HOW repealing the IRS will only set us back to spending levels of 1998.

Foreign Policy.

Mention how spending money on troops in S. Korea is wasteful and that money earned by those soldiers isn't being spent here. It's a win win if you bring em home.

LEAVE OUT the NAU, the war in IRAQ (unless you get positive feedback on it), and other not so popular issues. No REAL ID stuff...stick to Republican principles.

Economy Economy Economy

Imagine everyone in the room is naked.

Q: Young people are known to not vote, and this year there seems to be some excitement over Obama in the youth crowd. Why do you think his message has sparked such an intrest for youth?

A-HINT: Spin it back to Paul. "Obama;s great but I see the real enthusiasm for Ron Paul"

LOL I hope you know how to form sentances!

oh yeah. don't try too hard. don't say that in 400 words.

A "strong" economy. political writers love that crap. good luck!

see? ;)

But seriously, you'll do fine. And when it's done, if you're afraid you didn't do well, always know that you did better than you think you did.

Rhys
01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
so, if I should not say "strong" what should I say to describe my ideal economy?

I gotta go. Hope I helped.

if I were you, I'd not prep anymore. You'll think too much.

Swmorgan77
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM

An free-market economy without an oppressive regulatory environment, and sound money so that politicians can not run up deficits, print money and destroy the value of the dollar and people's buying power.

Soccrmastr
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM

Yes, good idea lol!

InLoveWithRon
01-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Tell them that whenever the US has gotten away from the constitution, the US had problems.. And whenever the US has stuck by the constitution, it was prosperous.. This is a fact through all of US history. It cannot be denied...

Say that all the other candidates have proven that they don't want to adhere to the constitution.. They all voted for the Patriot act and voted for senate bill 1959, which violate the constitution.. Ron Paul is the only candidate who has always voted with the constitution in mind.. Guaranteeing a prosperous future for America.. It's quite simple .

surf
01-25-2008, 03:48 PM
i just thought "strong" sounded sexier than "stable."

"stability" leads to less risk (and hence "risk premium" pricing), etc and a (more) stable economy is what we'd get with Ron. You're spot-on with that.

go get 'em :)

InLoveWithRon
01-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Just tell them that whenever the US has gotten away from the constitution, the US had problems.. Whenever the US has stuck by the constitution, it was prosperous.. This is a fact through all of US history. It cannot be denied...

All the other candidates have proven that they don't want to adhere to the constitution.. They all voted for the Patriot act and voted for senate bill 1959 (and other unconstitutional bills etc) , which violate the constitution.. Ron Paul is the only candidate who has always voted with the constitution in mind.. Guaranteeing a prosperous future for America.. It's quite simple

It's a simple formula:

Consitutional America = prosperity

Unconstitutional America = problems, debt , wars, less freedoms, less sovereignty, and shit

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
She should be calling me within 30 minutes. Do you think it's a good idea to hang out with my pigs so she can hear them squealin' real loud before I feed them?

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-25-2008, 04:08 PM
She should be calling me within 30 minutes. Do you think it's a good idea to hang out with my pigs so she can hear them squealin' real loud before I feed them?

When she asks about your pigs you could say that you'll vote for Ron Paul because he's the only candidate that looks like he doesn't eat 4 pounds of meat on a daily basis. And that you love your pigs :)

Seriously though.. Stress the constitutionalist part. That'll fall well.. And maybe you could even say something like:

"well.. I'm a classic Republican by all means, and to be honest.. The only classic Republican running in this election is Ron Paul. As Ron Paul mentioned There was a time that we, as Republicans, wanted to get rid of the Department of Education. Now we want to double the size of it! There was a time that we ended the wars that the Democrats started, now we are starting them ourselves. We have lost our way. I wholeheartedly agree with Dr Paul on this and I believe that many Republicans do, although they might not notice that just yet.

zakkubin
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Be prepared to debunk the myths and give his basic platform of state rights.

He is not an isolationist he is a non interventionists. The difference is America would trade with the world and talk not just rely on our own country for everything. However, we would not intervene n nearly every conflict as we do today with our military and money.

When he says get rid of the dept. of education he isn't saying we don't need public schools.

He is saying states shouldn't have to pay $$ to fed. gov. and be told how to run their schools. Each state should decide on their own states policies/standards.
Mention how no child left behind was a disaster created by the fed. and represent how wrong the"one size fits all approach is" Wrap up with besides our constitutional doesn't allow the fed. to be involved.

He is not for doing away with the CIA only the parts that get us into trouble like torture and toppling governments.

His goal is to eliminate the income tax but not over night. He would cut taxes as he cuts spending

Mention our nations debt is going to be over 50 trillion ( according to David walker our nations accountant)
and Paul is the only candidate taking the political plunge in addressing the problem.

Make the solution clear; Either cut spending here or over seas. Paul simply wants to allow the world to solve some of their own problems so we can solve our own.

zakkubin
01-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Oh here is a good quote when addressing didn't things change after 9/11 / patriot act.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin,

If you have time mention obama voted for it and Rudy has praised it in debates. I'm sure some of the others are but not sure which ones besides them.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
In any case try to end one of your points with therefore, I honestly believe that, if anything.. Ron Paul is the most Republican candidate running for the candidacy in this election

Rhys
01-25-2008, 04:58 PM
How'd it go?!

Conza88
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM

LOL> :D

Trigonx
01-25-2008, 05:16 PM
how did it go???