PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't you like to see a little "Galloway" in RP?

IHaveaDream
01-25-2008, 03:04 PM
I love Ron Paul, but jeez I wish he wouldn't be such a wallflower. I don't always agree with George Galloway's politics, but I sure love to watch him debate his opponents. He understands the power of passionate dialogue. Unfortunately, Dr. Paul seems to prefer "passive" dialogue.

Every other candidate in both parties is actively engaged in this battle. Instead of begging to be noticed, our guy needs to go on offense for a change. There's just too much at stake in this election to stand quietly by and hope that everyone else drops out of the race.

BLS
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
First day here?

WilliamC
01-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Ron Paul's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

He is a humble man who is not seeking power for powers sake.

He is a true believer in letting other people make decisions about their own lives.

He also is a gentleman in the real sense of the word and polite to a fault.

I don't know if he can change this since it is so much a part of who he is, but I suspect it is why he does not get the respect he deserves.

phixion
01-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Ron will unleash the hounds when it's necessary!

Pete

painter4Ron Paul
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Ron Paul comes across as a man of integrity and honesty. I think it is his strength. The others appear like overinflated roosters crowing on the fence post.

TexMac
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I love Ron Paul, but jeez I wish he wouldn't be such a wallflower. I don't always agree with George Galloway's politics, but I sure love to watch him debate his opponents. He understands the power of passionate dialogue. Unfortunately, Dr. Paul seems to prefer "passive" dialogue.

Every other candidate in both parties is actively engaged in this battle. Instead of begging to be noticed, our guy needs to go on offense for a change. There's just too much at stake in this election to stand quietly by and hope that everyone else drops out of the race.

It's the difference between being in Parliament and being in Congress. In a parliamentary system, you have to be a masterful orator and debater. For a stark example, see Galloway's Senate testimony from a couple of years ago.

On the bright side, Ron can run circles around George Bush and about 95% of Congress.

IHaveaDream
01-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm not suggesting that Dr. Paul be rude or change who he is. I'm simply wishing that he would defend himself and his cause a little more ardently.

Like this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1457254609118237626&q=George+Galloway&total=1437&start=0&num=10&so=3&type=search&plindex=8

ams5995
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I'd like to see him debate Ron Paul.