PDA

View Full Version : StuFF We we NEed to KNow?

ghemminger
08-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I stumbled upon this...I hope it's not personal coresspondence or something...I just am wondering if we all are missing something?

As you all know from the emails you have been getting from ---------, we now have Advokit up and running. It was a major battle to get that software up and loaded with voter date. Many people have spent many hours and quite a number of dollars to make this happen, --------- ahead of everybody. Of course - he's a programmer.

Well, actually, there is no "of course" to this at all. ----------stepped way out front with this effort. What Advokit helps us do is the very reason for this group's existence - and your membership in it.

We should all give it and ------- the respect they both deserve by supplying our voter data (Name, Address, Email, Phone No., and Precinct No.) to ---------- so he can input the data and figure out what needs to be done where.

We have 874 precincts in --------- County. 400 of them are vacant (i.e., they have no temporary Precinct Convention Chairman), but those are not the most important ones.

The crucial precincts are the ones where Republicans are most active. Those are the ones that have the most delegates allocated to them (determined by the number of precinct residents who have voted for ----------- in the last election). There are about 399 precincts we absolutely MUST control by having more Ron paul supporters attend the precinct convention than non-Ron Paul supporters. That's how we get our people elected as delegates at the precinct convention.

So far, as of yesterday, we have only 14 of our 250 members who have supplied their data.

We have 30 weeks (210 days) left until the primary election.

For 14 people to cover 399 precincts by blockwalking alone, two groups of seven each would have to cover a precinct every single day for us to meet our goal!

As you can see, we have work to do.

That's why it is crucial that we (a) all supply our data so we can know where to put up yard signs nd which precincts we have members in, and (b) that everybody pay their mandatory monthly membership fee.

The membership fees will pay for the door hangers we need to print in order to be able to cover each one of the 399 crucial precincts as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

The vision of true freedom Dr. Paul offers the whole country is so compelling, and so crucial to our survival as a nation and as a free people that we simply cannot afford to sit idly while people like Bush and the other political predators we have all put in office over the years take it all away from us.

We have to FIGHT!

I am so thankful that this fight can be won without a single gun shot being fired. We can absolutely do this!

Ron has been making enormous strides in the public eye since he declared his candidacy in March. He now beats all other candidates in Google Trends. He placed second behind Fred Thompson in most straw polls around the country, ahead of all three of the original three 'front-running stooges.'

But it is up to us to make this popularity count at the GOP National Convention. The primary election itself is only important insofar as it enables you to become eligible to attend the Precinct Convention at your polling place. To become eligible, you must vote for a Republican candidate.

What you must understand is that the winner of the popular vote at the primary election does NOT automatically become the State Party's nominee. The nominee is determined by the delegates that attend the national party convention. To have any chance of going there, we must become delegates at the precinct convention level first.

Once there, we can offer to become delegates to the next higher party convention, i.e., at the Senatorial District Convention, which happens three weeks later. To get ourselves elected, we need to have a majority of those who attend the precinct convention be Ron Paulers.

At the SD Convention, each of us will be a major force in reshaping the Republican Party Platform from the bottom up and we will stand an excellent chance to be elected as delegates for the GOP State Convention.

At the State level, IF Ron Paulers constitute a majority of the delegates present, we can then vote out all of the Neocons who normally go on to the National Convention and vote in our own people, instead!

Do you see the power of this?!

We can even vote out the so-called "super-delegates" (those who are automatically delegates at the State Convention by virtue of their elected office in the State of Texas) and replace them with Ron Paulers. Think about this: we will have the power to kick Rick Perry and the likes of him off the list of delegates that will attend the National Convention - which is where the party's nominee will be chosen.

This is the way we can and will win!

But we MUST all pull on the same string. If we sit on our butts, nothing will happen - except that Fred Thompson will be the nominee, if he finally decides to declare his candidacy.

What is so bad about Fred Thompson, then? Watch this video as a quick 'refocus'.

He has lobbied for the same big corporate interests he claims to be opposed to as a so-called "conservative" for decades. He is a CFR member. He claims not to know what the North American Union is about, or that our current administration is trying to create it. He claims to be "tough" on illegal immigration - but he doesn't say what he will do about it.

In two words: He is the "Anti-Paul."

Bottom line:

We need your active participation in our effort to get Ron Paul elected. Without you, it won;t happen. If you wait for the guy next to you to act, he will do the same thing and nobody ends up doing anything and nothing will happen - except for Fred Thompson! He will 'happen.'

So, my point is you have a choice to make.

In the end, if we do nothing, we cannot blame our leaders for what they do to us and our freedom. In the end, if we do nothing ...

... then WE are the Anti-Paul!

If we do nothing, we are the Enemies of Freedom.

The great part about this is the flip side of the coin, though:

If we do at least something - WE WILL WIN!!!

Thanks for helping.

McDermit
08-02-2007, 10:40 AM
That flew right over my head.

Lord Xar
08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
yeah, in layman terms...

MaxDeMarzi
08-02-2007, 11:18 AM
In English:

1. They have loaded the Voter Registration Data (containing the names, addresses, phone numbers, party designation, etc.) of all registered voters in their county to "Advokit" a software program meant for this.

2. They want to know in what precincts they have Ron Paul volunteers, so they can put up Yard Signs.

3. They want to collect money to buy Door Hangers, and get people to volunteer to walk the 399 most important precincts in their area and distribute them to all registered republicans.

Regards,
Max

McDermit
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
And this is a group in a single county?

So... is it suggested that all groups should be doing this?

I'm pretty sure someone in Pennsylvania is organizing something, as our meetups recieved emails requesting contact info for all members along with precinct info.

ghemminger
08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
In English:

1. They have loaded the Voter Registration Data (containing the names, addresses, phone numbers, party designation, etc.) of all registered voters in their county to "Advokit" a software program meant for this.

2. They want to know in what precincts they have Ron Paul volunteers, so they can put up Yard Signs.

3. They want to collect money to buy Door Hangers, and get people to volunteer to walk the 399 most important precincts in their area and distribute them to all registered republicans.

Regards,
Max

I'm glad God invented smart people like you:)

MaxDeMarzi
08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
And this is a group in a single county?

I'm pretty sure someone in Pennsylvania is organizing something, as our meetups recieved emails requesting contact info for all members along with precinct info.

This is for one County. Sounds like somewhere in Texas.

Here in Brevard County, Florida we've done part 1. (300k registered voters) and are going to start part 2. (We maybe have 50 volunteers, out of which 10-15 are active so far)... it's the 80/20 rule.

Part 3 is the hard part since it requires a TON of money and/or a TON of people's time. Choices are door hangers, calling people and mailings. They say you need to contact each voter 6 times before you can count on their vote.

I can help anyone who can get their registered voter data from their county supervisor of elections with Part 1.

ghemminger
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
This is for one County. Sounds like somewhere in Texas.

Here in Brevard County, Florida we've done part 1. (300k registered voters) and are going to start part 2. (We maybe have 50 volunteers, out of which 10-15 are active so far)... it's the 80/20 rule.

Part 3 is the hard part since it requires a TON of money and/or a TON of people's time. Choices are door hangers, calling people and mailings. They say you need to contact each voter 6 times before you can count on their vote.

I can help anyone who can get their registered voter data from their county supervisor of elections with Part 1.

We need it for California

Brandybuck
08-02-2007, 08:30 PM
That's the plan from the campaign. They're still working on rolling it out.

scrosnoe
08-02-2007, 09:01 PM
;) This is right on!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a double pronged effort / you take it at the polls and you control the caucuses and the convention processes and you are the Republican party and you nominate who you will.

And it is easier this cycle because the bushies have almost destroyed the Republican party. We can wrap back in the libertarians and the constitution party people and those of us who want limited government who opted to stay in the party and get back to founding fathers stuff ala Ron Paul!

It is just a numbers game with a little bit of finess making sure you understand the rules and cannot get snookered at any point in the cycle. My guess is that the folks we have on board this cycle are 'smarter than the average bear' from what I've observed on this board so far!;)

You will find friends at strategic spots popping out of the woodwork to help as this campaign gathers steam. Remember the ones who had the courage to stand up and be counted before it became the 'thing' to do if you want to move the agenda the furthest. The later they come in the more they were waiting to see who looked like a win before committing rather than doing the right thing no matter the personal cost.

Elwar
08-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Has there been any movement on this? I'd like to contribute to getting our group going door to door.

A google maps interface would be quite nice.

Shink
08-09-2007, 03:55 PM
--

Shink
08-09-2007, 03:56 PM
"What you must understand is that the winner of the popular vote at the primary election does NOT automatically become the State Party's nominee. The nominee is determined by the delegates that attend the national party convention. To have any chance of going there, we must become delegates at the precinct convention level first.

Once there, we can offer to become delegates to the next higher party convention, i.e., at the Senatorial District Convention, which happens three weeks later. To get ourselves elected, we need to have a majority of those who attend the precinct convention be Ron Paulers.

At the SD Convention, each of us will be a major force in reshaping the Republican Party Platform from the bottom up and we will stand an excellent chance to be elected as delegates for the GOP State Convention.

At the State level, IF Ron Paulers constitute a majority of the delegates present, we can then vote out all of the Neocons who normally go on to the National Convention and vote in our own people, instead!

Do you see the power of this?!

We can even vote out the so-called "super-delegates" (those who are automatically delegates at the State Convention by virtue of their elected office in the State of Texas) and replace them with Ron Paulers. Think about this: we will have the power to kick Rick Perry and the likes of him off the list of delegates that will attend the National Convention - which is where the party's nominee will be chosen."

2 Questions: What's the point of the primaries if the delegates can ignore the popular vote and put in someone else?

and

How do you get rid of the "super delegates" who are sure to neocon the vote?[/QUOTE]