Jeremy
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I'll prlly mention Roe's endorsement

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 02:49 PM
sent.

homah
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Who is more focused on families than a pro-life OB-GYN with a billion children, grandchildren and a great-grandchild. A man who is against wars of aggression and wants to be friendly with all nations? That doesn't describe anyone *but* Ron Paul.

jnpg
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
I think I read somewhere that FotF is somehow connected with Blackwater.

Big warmongers I think....

I will do some more research - but I think there was thread on this few months ago.
Anyone?

ctb619
01-25-2008, 02:54 PM
I think I read somewhere that FotF is somehow connected with Blackwater.

Big warmongers I think....

I will do some more research - but I think there was thread on this few months ago.
Anyone?

Erik Prince, the owner of Blackwater, is a big contributor to Focus on the Family.

thehittgirl
01-25-2008, 02:57 PM
And they have the Ghoul on there. Real family oriented family values guy! :mad:

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 02:58 PM
And they have the Ghoul on there. Real family oriented family values guy! :mad:

If you watch their vid, they pretty much bash Rudy right from start ;)

olehounddog
01-25-2008, 02:58 PM
done:)

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
My email:

DONT USE THE SAME ONE OR WE'LL LOOK LIKE ROBOTS

Hello, I noticed on your webpage about the candidates ( http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000006338.cfm ) that Congressman Ron Paul is missing from the list of Republicans. I am disappointed to see this. Relevant magazine said he was one of the most liked candidates among Christians. He came in 2nd place at the Nevada caucus, and either 1st or 2nd place in the Louisiana caucus (there are no official results yet). Rudy Giuliani, who was included on your page, has been beat by Ron Paul in every primary so far except for New Hampshire's. Paul also has the biggest internet following and has raised more money in one day than anyone else in the history of American politics. Ron Paul is a doctor who has delivered over four thousand babies. He has also served in the Airforce during the Vietnam war. He is known on the internet for being "the media's best kept secret" and "the taxpayer's best friend," both at the same time. Dr. Paul also has more support from veterans than any other candidate running for president this election.

This is an MSNBC article posted on Tuesday:

On the 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling, Norma McCorvey (a.k.a. "Jane Roe," who later changed her views on abortion in the mid-90s) gave Paul her official endorsement today.

"I support Ron Paul for president because we share the same goal, that of overturning Roe v. Wade. He has never wavered on the issue of being pro-life and has a voting record to prove it. He understands the importance of civil liberties for all, including the unborn," she said at a press conference in Washington this morning.

Paul accepted the pro-life activist's endorsement, saying of abortion: "It is still one of the most crucial issues of our day that we deal with this. As much as I talk about economic liberties, and civil liberties, and trying to avoid the killing overseas, I think the issue of life is paramount."

Ron Paul is popular among liberty loving Americans and people who see that America is going down the wrong path. Please consider adding him to the website.

Thank you,

pinkmandy
01-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I called them. (866) 655-4545

They couldn't provide me with a reason they would include a cross dressing pro-choice mayor over a pro-life, pro homeschooling ten term obstetrician congressman who has beat the mayor in every caucus and primary thus far except for one which was nearly a tie.

Call them folks. And Be RESPECTFUL. The girls I talked to were really sweet so no need to be nasty. Ask them the legitimate questions, that's all.

mnewcomb
01-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I just called them at the (866) 655-4545 number and spoke with Mattie in correspondence. She said it was made by the 'public policy' group and they have already received numerous contacts (didn't say by email or phone) but that she would respond.

She has me in the database already, so hopefully I will get some info on this...

I gave her a good talking to about censoring and the fact that Guilliani is up there but has lost to Paul 5 times already...

Be nice, but don't be afraid to note the hypocrisy...

ARealConservative
At this point can't they jeopardize losing their non-partisan status?

If everybody they list is in favor of remaining in Iraq and the only person left off disagrees, seems like they are making political choices to me.

JSCHAFER1337
Better yet, give them a call.

(719) 531-3400

That's the number of the guy in charge of the page. I just got off the phone with him and he said he appreciated my input. Remember to BE RESPECTFUL and articulate. Mention that Dr. Paul is staunchly pro-life and pro-family, and got the endorsement of Jane Roe and the constitution party. Let's make our voice heard.

JSCHAFER1337
01-25-2008, 03:05 PM
(719) 531-3400

This number will connect you directly to the guy who made the page. He's the man who needs to hear from us, but again, BE RESPECTFUL AND POLITE please.

dirka
01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
My email.

Dear,

I am not sure if your organization doesn't do its research or it intentionally tries to exclude candidates from your commentary. Lets take Dr. Ron Paul for example. He is a Ob/gyn doctor that has delivered over 4000 babies and has never preformed an abortion. He was recently endorsed by Jane Roe for his steadfast commitment to preserving life. He has 5 children, 18 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild. Dr. Paul has been married to the same woman for 50 years, and she was his high school sweetheart. If you think he is not a viable candidate you not taking into account that Dr. Paul raised the most money of any republican candidate, placed second in the Nevada Primary and First in the Louisiana caucus. He has won every straw poll since December and has beaten every other person at least once in the primaries yet you people think he isn't worthy of a profile???

But somewhere you decided that a liberal baby killer like Giuliani deserves a spot. Rudy has lost every primary and he supports gay marriage and abortion. He has been married 3 times, committed adultery, and used taxpayer money during a secret affair.

Now how is that a Focus on the Family???????

Also, Mitt Romney who has supported abortion his whole life until he wanted to be President is also on your list.

This kind of treatment to a good honest family oriented man sickens me. I would request that you immediately add a profile about the good doctor and apologize for the delay. You may not agree with everything he says, but when it comes to his support of good family values, there is no debate he wins hands down.

Regards,

I hope this opens their eyes just a little

Greenskin
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Focus on the Family has a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEE influence on Christians. I know my mom listens to it almost every day driving home from work and receives their monthly booklet. I've listened to it on the radio and they often tell their listeners who to vote for, and the people listen to them.

Getting Ron Paul's name on this program is very important, otherwise all the Christians will vote for Huckabee.

seeker1
01-25-2008, 03:12 PM
It's pretty clear from a cursory read of that site that FoF is definitely anti-Ron Paul. There was only one article on all of the FoF sites that has any reference to him. And it was just a roll call.

I saw your candidates page and wondered where the pro-life congressman from Texas was on your site. I certainly didn’t expect you to fall in line with the mainstream media blackout of Dr. Paul, a Christian pro-family candidate.

Dr. Paul has beaten Rudy G. the cross dressing ex-mayor of NY in every contest but NH and that is still debatable.

I’d like to think it was an oversight, let me know.

It is definitely a pro-war site. Kind of weird for a supposed pro-family organization.

Killing is definitely the new virtue of the Christian right.

evadmurd
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
e-mail sent:

As a supporter of Focus on the Family, I am extremely discouraged that you have chosen to exclude Congressman Ron Paul from your "Focus Action Candidate Commentary."

I doing so, you have excluded the most Pro Life candidate for President, who is an ardent Christian and OB/GYN physician. He has stood all of his professional life against abortion and is the ONLY congressman to introduce Sanctity of Life Legislation into congress. He recently received the endorsement of Norma McCorvey for his commitment to reverse Roe v. Wade and end the federal government from interfering with the states rights to regulate the abortion industry locally. He is the Right to Life's best friend in Washington. His daughter, also an OB/GYN physician provides free ultrasound studies for a crisis pregnancy center near her practice.

I implore you to do the right thing and include him in your Commentary, lest it will only find it's place alongside the secular press commentaries that are active in denying the people the right to hear from all candidates. We, as Christians, need to separate ourselves from the ways of this world, not embrace them.

May God give you the wisdom you need to make the correct decision.

Sincerely

RJB
01-25-2008, 03:15 PM
emailed them.

My first complaint in 20yrs

Hello I've been a fan of Focus on the Family for 20+ years and haven't had a complaint in that time until now.

Why was Ron Paul, a pro-family conservative, excluded from your line up? It's disgraceful that you included Giuliani, a pro-abortion liberal who has consistantly lost to Ron Paul in this primary so far. This stunt has damaged your credibility in my opinion. I hope it was only an accident.

R.J. Burle

seeker1
01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
My email.

Mine pales by comparison. Although, I did mention the cross dressing, ex-mayor from NY.:D

JSCHAFER1337
01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Let's keep an eye on this and not give up hope. The guy I spoke to sounded very receptive and said he had heard from a lot of Dr. Paul's supporters and understood their concerns. Whether that means they'll add him, who knows, but as the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

RJB
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Killing is definitely the new virtue of the Christian right.

Pre-emptive war is the only conservative christian value now. As I Christian, I am appalled.

Phantom
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
e-mail sent. :)

spudea
01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
omg all the other candidates will DESTROY families with conscription for the "reconstruction of the middle east"

t3rmin
01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Email sent:

Hi!

I don't see Ron Paul in your Focus Action Candidate Commentary...

He's got the best record of integrity, honesty, and Christian values
of any candidate. Here's his statement of faith:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/homeschoolers/statement-of-faith

He's endorsed by many pastors:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements#pastors

He's also the most pro-life. Unlike the other guys, he's a man of
action, not just words. He was just endorsed by Pro-Life activist
Norma McCorvey ('Jane Roe' of Roe v. Wade). She said "Ron Paul doesn't
just talk about being pro-life, he acts on it":
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/159/pro-life-activist-norma-mccorvey-%e2%80%98jane-roe%e2%80%99-of-roe-v-wade-endorses-ron-paul-for-president/

He was the only candidate who bothered to show up at the March for
Life in DC this week.

He's a medical doctor who's delivered over 4000 babies. He's got 5
kids, 18 grandchildren, and has been married to his wife Carol for
over 50 years.

Focus on the Family would LOVE Dr. Paul if they got to know him. As a
conservative Christian, I can't support anyone else!

He's beat Rudy and (ex-candidate) Fred soundly so far in early
primaries/caucuses. He's set all kinds of fundraising records. And
momentum is building every day.

I know you'll want to correct this honest oversight and add the most
conservative, consistently-Christian candidate to your lineup. Have a
GREAT day!

Santana28
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
email sent. grrrrrrrr... i used to listen to focus on the family every day...

coffeewithchess
01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
This is absolutely disgusting...I can't believe this is what America is truly becoming...SHEEPLE...good catch on finding this...I'm emailing them now and letting them now I don't appreciate it and I will be canceling my subscriptions.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
This is absolutely disgusting...I can't believe this is what America is truly becoming...SHEEPLE...good catch on finding this...I'm emailing them now and letting them now I don't appreciate it and I will be canceling my subscriptions.

That's exactly what you shoundt do

that isnt nice

t3rmin
01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Be nice, people! You catch more flies with honey and all that...

firebirdnation
01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
e-mail sent.

coffeewithchess
01-25-2008, 04:34 PM

that isnt nice

I don't have to subscribe and this is clear biased reporting...nothing else.

CareerTech1
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
i just emailed them too

-lotus-
01-25-2008, 04:47 PM
emailed

steph3n
01-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Erik Prince, the owner of Blackwater, is a big contributor to Focus on the Family.

Also was a big contributor to Ron Paul.......so there goes THAT theory!

G-Wohl
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM

that isnt nice

I think letting them know that those upset by this will potentially end their subscriptions is a very powerful method of argument! We should be persuading people to threaten things like this - it's one of the most powerful non-violent protest approaches known to man...

coffeewithchess
01-25-2008, 04:56 PM
The Christian groups do it all the time...look at the Ford boycott. Letting them know that you are so unhappy that you are going to unsubscribe may be the only way they listen...clearly leaving out Ron Paul was somebody's choice or mistake...but it seems that RP is left out of a lot these days not by mistake.

virginiakid
01-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Who is more focused on families than a pro-life OB-GYN with a billion children, grandchildren and a great-grandchild. A man who is against wars of aggression and wants to be friendly with all nations? That doesn't describe anyone *but* Ron Paul.

Have you ever heard of the Huckster/McPlain/Mittens/Ghouli/etc.... It would be terrible to endorse someone who is actually a true pro-lifer like RP, now wouldn't it. Focus on the Family seems to be about money and power and not about doing the right thing. Sometimes I wonder about them and their true agenda. However, they are a powerful tool if you can get them behind the movement.

TruckinMike
01-25-2008, 05:03 PM
I called and mentioned that they had "five" pro-abortion candidates, but they didn't have the only candidate that is actively trying to overturn Roe vs. wade. And then asked them if they still held an anti-abortion position. --

The young lady was real nice. And so was I. She said someone would call me back a let me know why Dr. Paul was excluded, or if they are going to add Dr. Paul to the line up.

TMike

Redcard
01-25-2008, 05:04 PM
FotF being their usual NeoCon self.

Eh. Nothing new here.

JSCHAFER1337
01-25-2008, 05:08 PM
It seems they have disabled the link for contacting them...we must be overwhelming their inbox, haha.

All the more reason to give them a polite call.

shaggy240v
01-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Just e-mailed... was very polite.

How do you know it's disabled? I didn't get a undelivered email yet?

t3rmin
01-25-2008, 05:13 PM
I also emailed every address for affiliate "Family Policy Councils" on this page:
http://www.citizenlink.org/fpc/

It was a slightly more generic info about Ron Paul.

Email address list below for easy cut&paste:
garyp@alabamapolicy.org, info@azpolicy.org, info@familycouncil.org, ronp@californiafamily.org, info@cofamily.org, info@ctfamily.org, JohnS@FLFamily.org, randy@gafam.org, info@hawaiifamilyforum.org, ifi@hoosierfamily.org, info@ifpc.org, tffky@mis.net, info@lafamilyforum.org, email@cclmaine.org, mafamily@mafamily.org, info@michiganfamily.org, tom@mfc.org, mail@msfamily.org, jeff@montanafamily.org, info@familyfirst.org, len@njfpc.org, admin@ncfamily.org, info@ccv.org, info@okfamilypc.org, mail@pafamily.org, email@palmettofamily.org, mail@sdfamily.org, info@factn.org, info@freemarket.org, vafamily@familyfoundation.org, lstickney@fpiw.org, info@wvfpc.org, info@wifamilycouncil.org, general@cornerstoneofidaho.org, director@mdfamily.org, cornerstone@nhcornerstone.org

Smiley Gladhands
01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Just emailed as well. I was polite as I could be. I mentioned something about the early Christians standing up for what they believed, and sadi that we would continue to do the same....then I mentioned something about the golden rule. Hopefully it helped plant a seed or two.

FreeTraveler
01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
My email.

Personally, if I got that letter, I'd throw it in the trash. You need to learn to state facts without launching immediately into attack mode. This may have made you feel big, but you eliminated the possibility of opening a dialog with this man, and probably just pissed him off.

t3rmin
01-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Personally, if I got that letter, I'd throw it in the trash. You need to learn to state facts without launching immediately into attack mode. This may have made you feel big, but you eliminated the possibility of opening a dialog with this man, and probably just pissed him off.

+1

Remember, persuasion is about making them feel good, not you.

Staupostek
01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
FotF being their usual NeoCon self.

Eh. Nothing new here.

IMHO, Dobson has been a political hack for the neo-cons for years. He gives them cover from the religious right to do as they please, and they give him legitimacy and influence in political circles.

Revolution9
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM

http://iraqforsale.bravenewfilms.org/blog/344-blackwater-runs-red

Eric Prince ..War Profiteer., FotF==Funded psyops front group manipulating right wing Xtians to give up their kids, country and treasure for their hundred year war.. Now remember..be nice to these shill scumbags while they try to stage word warp three to fatten their bank book. Oh..and don't cancel the subscription to your programming..oops .. I mean their radio show and propaganda booklets..oops..I mean literature..because we don't want anybody to get mad at us and think we like to cause problems where conflicts may occur. Because surely they cannot make a buck off this and no blood gets spilled..so please don;t cause a conflict without a payoff.

Thanks
Randy

coffeewithchess
01-25-2008, 05:51 PM
I just listened to 30+ minutes of their South Carolina primary coverage...I didn't hear RP's name even mentioned. But they did talk about Rudy Giuliani who placed behind RP in SC...

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I wrote my letter as a Christian, and told them their list stank as a "pro family"
list, and I was going to tell other Christians about it. They have two
pro-gay marriage candidates in there at least. Complete fraud.

Your candidate listing is pretty bad. You have candidates who shouldn't
be on there at all. Rudy Giuliani believes in gay rights, dresses up as woman
to have "fun" - but Deuternonomy 22:5 says this is an abomination, lived with gay
roomates, hired a pedophile priest and family friend after he was kicked out of the
Catholic church, and has made his police officers match in gay parades. Mitt Romney
is singly handling responsible for bringing gay marriage in the United States as
governor of Massachusetts over the wishes of the legislator, which isn't surprising,
because some family values, ie monogamy, is not what certain members of the mormon church
exactly espouses - ie their historically responsible for most of the polygamy in the United States.
And that is just the Republican side.

Meanwhile, I notice you left out one of the strongest pro-family and Christian candidates
in the race. Ron Paul has been a Christian all his life, was recently endorsed by Roe
of Roe vs Wade for his pro-life platform, he's been married to the same wife his entire
life (you have candidates that are multiple divorce-es, how is this pro-family?), has an
enormous number of grandkids, has always taught his family the purutain work ethic,
and has two brothers who are ministers. As a doctor, he's personally delivered over
4,000 babies in this world. You have the most pro-family candidate missing. Your
list is awful.

Recent Interview with Ron Paul's Christian, pro-life views
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/229/story_22909_1.html

nike
01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
IMHO, Dobson has been a political hack for the neo-cons for years. He gives them cover from the religious right to do as they please, and they give him legitimacy and influence in political circles.

Absolutely right. Anyone with sense would stay away from Focus on the Family and their hate agenda.

webber53
01-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Just emailed them.

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Be polite. I was.
Catch more flies with honey and all that.

teshuah
01-25-2008, 07:00 PM
We at the Homeschoolers Meetup for RonPaul have already been hashing this out for a couple days now.

in 2004 one of the members had written to FoF in regard to Dobson's taking sides with the war and calling those who don't support the war unChristian and/or Liberals.

The reply was that Dobson subscribes to the Augustanian Just war theory. A quote from the reply:

As an adherent of the classic Augustinian "just war" theory, he is convinced that this is a case where the biblical and theological justifications for the use of force are fairly obvious. You may be right in asserting that the U.S. invasion of Iraq was not "defensive" in the strictest and most narrowly defined sense of the term. However, viewed within the larger context of the global War on Terrorism, the defensive nature of America’s pre-emptive strike against Hussein seems indisputable. Please don’t misunderstand. Dr. Dobson doesn’t like war and killing any better than you do, but he believes that this may be one of those moments in history when we are forced to settle for a trade-off: the lives of the few in exchange for the lives of the many.

Read the whole exchange here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/gaddy/gaddy18.html

Macon, GA
01-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I am a Christian, who never listened to Focus on the Family. However, I emailed them.

Santana28
01-25-2008, 07:06 PM
did anyone catch MSNBC about a half hour ago - they had a spokesman for FoF on Tucker's show and discussed this EXACT page...Tucker questioned the apparant "pro-Mitt" bias - but said NOT ONE WORD about Dr. Paul being excluded. They even showed the page! does anyone have this youtubed by chance?

samforpaul
01-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I called them. (866) 655-4545

They couldn't provide me with a reason they would include a cross dressing pro-choice mayor over a pro-life, pro homeschooling ten term obstetrician congressman who has beat the mayor in every caucus and primary thus far except for one which was nearly a tie.

Call them folks. And Be RESPECTFUL. The girls I talked to were really sweet so no need to be nasty. Ask them the legitimate questions, that's all.

Thanks for the number and the advice. I just called and a nice lady took my call. This may not be right, but I asked the lady to remove my name from their mailing list, said some nice things about Dr. Paul, and mentioned a donation I had made previously to Focus on the Family.
Hopefully, it was just an oversight on their part to exclude Dr. Paul. But hey, all would be forgiven if Dr. Dobson (whom I admire greatly) would give Dr. Paul an interview sayyyyyy maybe aired the day before Super Tuesday.:)
I don't think the derision towards FOTF is justified. As I recall Dobson is on record as saying the Republicans can not just play lip service and get his vote. And as I recall, several months ago John McCain said that Dr. Dobson would not even entertain a call from McCain.

coffeewithchess
01-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Is there an update with the YouTube?

Vendico
01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
sent

sethherstad
01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I've become more and more disappointed with Focus on the Family recently. And now this glaring omission ... I sent an email too -- hopefully it helps. And I agree with other posters -- please be polite!

Myerz
01-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't think that's the "Focus on the Family" it's "Focus on the Family Action"....different.

Still sucks.

jglapski
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
More ammo might be noting that Ron Paul is married to his wife for about half a century, which is very much in contrast to adulterers like McCain and Giuliani.

austinchick
01-25-2008, 10:28 PM
someone on another forum said that DOBSON is a member for COUNCIL for NATIONAL POLICY
http://www.watch.pair.com/cnp.html

that's probably why

evadmurd
01-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Keep on calling and be polite always until it is changed.

quietcorner
01-25-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't think that's the "Focus on the Family" it's "Focus on the Family Action"....different.

They are the same organization.

Legally, the are different as FOTFA is the registered lobbying division of FOTF. But for this discussion and issue they are one in the same.

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Some of you need to calm down. I bet there were a few rude emails. This is unacceptable. It is unacceptable to ANYONE and people have been misrepresenting RP supporters this way.

evadmurd
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
huh?

Jeremy
01-25-2008, 10:49 PM
huh?

wasnt directed at you :rolleyes:

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 01:19 PM
bump...they are still excluding him...

pinkmandy
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM
bump...they are still excluding him...

Ugh. Any excuses yet? I want to know their reasoning (or lack thereof).

Redcard
01-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Reasons?

1. Ron Paul won't come down against gay marriage.
2. Ron Paul won't come down FIRMLY on Abortion at the federal level.
3. Ron Paul won't come down on the side of God politically and vocally enough for them.
4. Ron Paul won't come down against gays in general.

That's just from reading their "Our Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principle" page.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/aboutus/A000000408.cfm

t3rmin
01-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Reasons?

1. Ron Paul won't come down against gay marriage.
2. Ron Paul won't come down FIRMLY on Abortion at the federal level.
3. Ron Paul won't come down on the side of God politically and vocally enough for them.
4. Ron Paul won't come down against gays in general.

That's just from reading their "Our Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principle" page.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/aboutus/A000000408.cfm

While Rudy is even more blatant on all of the above. And Mitt and McCain are soft as well. But they're all listed...

Redcard
01-28-2008, 01:35 PM
While Rudy is even more blatant on all of the above. And Mitt and McCain are soft as well. But they're all listed...

Ultimately, the guiding factor for NeoCons is "Can the **** marry?"

It's what won the election for them in 2004.

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Ugh. Any excuses yet? I want to know their reasoning (or lack thereof).

I just called and spoke with Sarah in the Correspondence department at Focus on the Family. Sarah said that they based their list on NATIONAL polls...I nicely pointed out that Rudy Giuliani has lost to RP in every state except New Hampshire and I asked her what National polls they used...she didn't know, but did take down my name, phone number, and email address and said she would try to find out and call me back or email.
Sarah also said the next update won't be until after the Florida primary(which is tomorrow). She also said that RP wasn't the only candidate exclude, I asked her who the other candidates were, she said Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich(cleary she wasn't a political person, because she didn't know how to pronounce their names), but I thanked her for her time and wished her a good day.

RWill
01-28-2008, 02:00 PM
For more than a decade, I listened to Focus on the Family in my car. I am a better father and husband because of this. Thank you for your effort.

As a concerned parent, I teach my children the truth about our country and its government. Because of the privately owned Federal Reserve, the anti-Christian New World Order and the secret North American Union, we support Ron Paul for president.

Please add him to your list.

http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000006338.cfm

Benaiah
01-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm going to call and cancel my membership.

coffeewithchess
01-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm going to call and cancel my membership.

I told Sarah on the phone my wife and I were doing the same thing...also, when she said they are going to update it after the Florida primary, I said "Probably the only update will be to remove Rudy Giuliani because he will drop out."

AlbemarleNC0003
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Ultimately, the guiding factor for NeoCons is "Can the **** marry?"

It's what won the election for them in 2004.

Fuck. I don't care if I can ever get married. Why would they?

jasonjasonjason1
01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
aa

Redcard
01-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Fuck. I don't care if I can ever get married. Why would they?

Well, they're neocons. Always have been. Dobson and crew are good friends with Bushie and the others.

jasonjasonjason1
01-28-2008, 03:28 PM
aa

Redcard
01-28-2008, 03:35 PM
BS. 9/11 won them the election in '04. It's like that quote from "Wag the dog" I can't seem to forget: "You don't change horses in midstream!"

Nope.

What got people out to vote in key battleground states was the inclusion of the anti-gay marriage amendments after the failure of the FMA. It was preached from the pulpits, and , the subtle hint was made that "While you're saving your family, you can save your country too."

11 states banned Gay Marriage , after Bush called for them to do it at the state level in the General Election. Many states were ready to go to ballot before then, in the 2003 election, but the people involved with collecting signatures intentionally held it over. They wanted the conservative neocon evangelicals out at the polls in 2004. Not 2003.

Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah.

And what state was a "key state" for Bush? What state had the election coordinator for the state working for Diebold? What state made the difference?

Ohio. With it's 20 electoral votes.

Benaiah
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
I just called and told them to remove me from their mailing list. I told them to pass on that I found it disgraceful that their organization chose to exclude Ron Paul from the coverage from their political arm (focus on family action) given the fact that he is the most pro life candidate.

Maltheus
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Focus on the Family is headquartered here in Colorado Springs. I'm tempted to go put a Ron Paul sign up on their lawn. Ron Paul is coming to Colorado on Friday and may even stop down in the Springs. None of the other candidates are doing that, but they still won't list him. I think we're also the only campaign to have a candidate office down here and we have 283 members in our meetup group. I know they're a national organization, but way to piss off the local grassroots! Obviously, focus on the family is another NRA, wolves in sheep's clothing.

coffeewithchess
01-31-2008, 01:20 AM
http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000006338.cfm

Just follow the link and you can watch their comments on Dr. Paul...I'm not happy that these people don't give the full story of his record.

Matt Collins
04-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Is history repeating itself?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241880

Athan
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Guys, focus on the family is pretty much a neo-con organization.