PDA

View Full Version : A Romney/Huckabee ticket is unbeatable. What can we do?

RonRules
01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
After watching the Florida debate and seeing McCain die like a daisy and Guiliani shaking like a leaf, I'm left with this conclusion:

My guess is that we'll get a Romney/Huckabee Republican ticket.

Neither can be elected individually. Christians will not vote for a Mormon, but if Huckabee is on the ticket, they will. Huckabee is out of money and by getting together with Romney, he can continue.

Where does Ron Paul fit in all of this?

Be objective folks. I think this may be unstoppable.

DeadtoSin
01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
After watching the Florida debate and seeing McCain die like a daisy and Guiliani shaking like a leaf, I'm left with this conclusion:

Neither can be elected individually. Christians will not vote for a Mormon, but if Huckabee is on the ticket, they will. Huckabee is out of money and by getting together with Romney, he can continue.

Um, as a Christian I find your post kind of insulting. None of my church is voting for Huckabee or Romney. It has nothing to do with Romney being a mormon either. Most of them don't like either, but also don't know who to vote for.

A big reason why a lot of them aren't Paul supporters, are because of OTHER Paul supporters. Seriously, if I had been a Christian person looking for someone to support, and I read most of the threads that brought up Christianity, I'd have taken my vote elsewhere.

How many votes do you guys think we lost?

RonRules
01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Another thing, the northeast and the cowboy west will vote for Romney. The South will vote for Huckabee.

Ron Paul has to ANNOUNCE NOW that Goldwater Jr. is the VP. BEFORE SuperTUesday and our upcoming commercials.

Imagine announcing that on the Super Bowl !!

RonRules
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Um, as a Christian I find your post kind of insulting. None of my church is voting for Huckabee or Romney. It has nothing to do with Romney being a mormon either. Most of them don't like either, but also don't know who to vote for.

A big reason why a lot of them aren't Paul supporters, are because of OTHER Paul supporters. Seriously, if I had been a Christian person looking for someone to support, and I read most of the threads that brought up Christianity, I'd have taken my vote elsewhere.

Maybe in in your particular case, but can you explain why 95% of Mormons in Nevada voted for Romney?

You'll see even more in Utah ! Arizona, Michigan are strong Mormon states.

Iowa Christian Fundamentalists got together in Iowa to vote Romney out even though he spent $217 PER VOTER. Huckabee spent hardly anything in Iowa, because he didn't have any money.

Religion is important in the election. It's not for me personally, but I'm not blind.

Korey Kaczynski
01-25-2008, 02:07 PM
I doubt Romney will choose Huckster. Romney will probably either do Sanford or, if a deal happens between the two, Ron Paul.

Romney probably wants to be known as "fixing" the economy, and he wants someone smarter than himself running thing behind the scenes so he can leave "his" legacy.

DeadtoSin
01-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe in in your particular case, but can you explain why 95% of Mormons in Nevada voted for Romney?

You'll see even more in Utah ! Arizona, Michigan are strong Mormon states.

Iowa Christian Fundamentalists got together in Iowa to vote Romney out even though he spent $217 PER VOTER. Huckabee spent hardly anything in Iowa, because he didn't have any money.

Religion is important in the election. It's not for me personally, but I'm not blind.

Ah, so religious people/voters are now blind. Good assertion there, I bet thats going to win over the next Christian person looking for a candidate to support. Keep it up!

steph3n
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM

A lot of votes because this is high on results and thin on substance around here.

pinkmandy
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Unbeatable? Hillary will clean their clocks. There is NO way a repub, except for RP, will win. Without OUR vote they just don't have the numbers. Even with our vote far more dems have been voting than repubs so far...but without us, no way.

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM

If Romney is the presidential ticket it will be Bush sr vs Clinton all over again and worse.

Romney has all the record of destroying jobs and companies that the capital investment groups are marred by.

This is a total killer in this election year.

you ad the war and we are talking about something that could look like the victory of Reagan over mondale....

Without Ron's supporters there is no prayer of a chance they can win.

Bluedevil
01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Another thing, the northeast and the cowboy west will vote for Romney. The South will vote for Huckabee.

Ron Paul has to ANNOUNCE NOW that Goldwater Jr. is the VP. BEFORE SuperTUesday and our upcoming commercials.

I agree completely, I was watching the debate last night with my girlfriend. She said that Ron Paul was the smartest but didnt look Presidential like Romney. I think a lot of people aren't voting for him (as stupid of a reason as it is) because he looks somewhat old and frail. Announcing that Goldwater Jr., a tough no nonnsense type of guy, as VP would quiet a lot of those concerns. Also would make it very obvious that Ron Paul is a true concervative who represents the old right.

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM

First of all, a Romney/Huck ticket would certainly go down in flames agianst either HRC or BHO. 7 in 10 American are against the war. Neither Huck nor Mitt have fiscal consevative cred.

A Paul/Romney ticket might work. Most Mormons I know are good people, just a little dumb.

Janet0116
01-25-2008, 02:21 PM
I disagree. Two war-mongering bible beaters aren't going to win the General Election.

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
romneys a die hard war mongering corperate globalist. think paul would be a vice president for THAT? lol. not.

Just Come Home
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
A McCain/Paul ticket would be hard for Romney/Huckabee to compete against...

Just sayin...

RonRules
01-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Ah, so religious people/voters are now blind. Good assertion there, I bet thats going to win over the next Christian person looking for a candidate to support. Keep it up!

I'm just giving you the facts, open your eyes and look at the numbers.

TwiLeXia
01-25-2008, 02:24 PM
No way Paul would want to run with McCain or Romney, they're both idiots. Goldwater would be perfect.

Romney/Huckabee would never work in the general election. They simply don't appeal to enough people. A Clinton/Obama candidacy would win simply based on the number of people they represent, regardless of their issues (very few women and blacks will vote republican)

RonRules
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Don't forget all the states that Romney has won and the states won by Huckabee and the strong percentages he's pulling in everywhere.

The point of my thread is not how great these people are, but the fact that they're pulling very good numbers and we need to do something about this.

Does anybody here have influence on HQ? Can we announce the VP early, before the SuperBowl?

JMann
01-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't understand this idea that candidates must pick an opponent from the primary for VP. The last person I would want would be one of my opponents.

emk
01-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I guess 'being objective' means 'agreeing with you'? Cool.

Quantumystic
01-25-2008, 02:58 PM

No they won't.

Romney's support in the western states is Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, and Southern Idaho. Colorado is a major military state and fiercely independent. It will swing to Paul. As will Texas. California will be a fight with McCain. Washington should go our way. Oregon should be close. Arizona should be interesting, along with New Mexico. And northern Idaho. Nebraska and Kansas will be close as well.

JoBurke
01-25-2008, 03:00 PM

Are you nuts?

JenaS62
01-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Ugh - Huckabee reminds me of a used car salesman. I can't get past it. And those creepy eyes....

Soccrmastr
01-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Yeah people need to realize Ron Paul is very religious too, he just chooses not to bring it into his politics. But the grassroots have some good materials/projects going to get out the Christian vote for Ron Paul.

painter4Ron Paul
01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Romdroid and Mullah Huckabee is a repulsive idea. A couple of warmongering jackels..they will be salughtered by any democrat including Hillary. They sunk their own boats by agreeing that the war was a good idea even knowing what they now know. DISGUSTING. They support the war and the death and maming of thousands of young soldiers while their own offspring are living the high life, killing dogs and living off their fathers estates. How repulsive these creatures are to anyone with a brain. In the end even the vast majority of the sheeple will not accept these two sad sacks.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Who cares?

It's Ron Paul vs. any combination of Romney, Clinton, McCain, Obama, Huckabee, Edwards or Giuliani.

They are ALL our opponents.

RonPaulMania
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM

A whole bunch. The violent Christian/God bashing is ridiculous. Look at Ron Paul saying that a biological issue like evolution shouldn't be an issue and says it's just a theory and everyone going bananas, even on these boards.

Can you imagine a day when saying something is a theory when it's a theory and it causes such an out-cry that people were thinking of leaving the campaign? The anti-God sentiment on this board (not universal, but close) has scared off many people. The bashing of Huckabee for using religion is also part of that sentiment.

People could have used Huckabee's Christian message and changed it into a positive. Instead it became an anti-faith diatribe. Think of how many people could have been helped if they saw Huckabee's message and then we turned it into: "Dr. Paul is the only true Christian who doesn't believe in active violence as Christ preached." "Only Christ would be responsible with other people's goods." Or something to that effect.

RonRules
01-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Are you nuts?

Romney got 51 % in Nevada. Look at Michigan.

Huck got 39% (or so) in Iowa. All other states pretty good.

Their support is like two Venn diagrams not touching each other. Imagine what will happen when they intersect. (make a Union to be mathematically correct)

Paul's numbers are 10, 8%, 6%, 0%, 4%, 14% and now Florida probably around 6%.

Correction: According to this poll, Florida is 3% for Ron Paul
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...ason-Dixon.pdf

Again the purpose of this thread is this:

Make the assumption that Romney/Huckabee is announced. What can we do to counter it.

You can insult all you want, I don't care. What constructive suggestion do YOU have?

My suggestion is to announce the VP at the SuperBowl, 2 days before Super Tuesday.

Better ideas here anyone?

N13
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Romney/Huckabee ticket = Dumb and Dumberer

What a joke. The dems will eat that up for breakfast and shit it out before noon.

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
The problem with announcing a veep before the convention is that, since we will have a brokered convention, it ties the doctor's hands in negotiations. Like it or not, Paul will probably have to put up with one of them as his running mate just to get enough delegates to snag the nomination.

I'm not saying you have a bad idea there. I just don't think Dr. Paul will feel he can commit himself this early.

We have to find other ways to win hearts and minds and beat the electability question. And yes, the best way to do that is to stop bashing the other people's voters and their first choices so they will feel welcome under our big tent when their candidate drops! Just about the only ones you can count on to still be at it at the convention besides Paul is Romney and McCain. Stick to bashing them and try to make everyone else's supporters feel welcome when they come!

We're way too far ahead of the curve here. Please concentrate on winning hearts and minds. That's what is needed now!

blakjak
01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure almost any Democratic ticket can beat Romney/Huckabee. The GOP will get killed this November, regardless of who is running.

RonRules
01-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Romney/Huckabee ticket = Dumb and Dumberer

What a joke. The dems will eat that up for breakfast and shit it out before noon.

Romney is a VERY smart man. Jim Cramer got interviewed for a job by Romney some 25 years ago. Cramer (the guy with 2000 stocks in his head), often considered a genius was INTIMIDATED with Romney's intelligence and the difficult questions he was asking Cramer. Cramer decided against taking a job at Bain Capital and instead to the "easier" job at Goldman Sachs. True story. Look it up.

As far as Huckabee, I think he beats McCain by a mile on intelligence and seems much less devious than Giuliani.

They are both very religious, and even as an Atheist myself, I do believe they are (along with Ron Paul) the smartest guys in the room.

Don't just call names. Look at the facts, look at the numbers.

If Romney/Huckabee make a well orchestrated "pull out of Iraq" plan (say in 2 years), they'll beat both Hillary and Obama with their 2013 timeline.

Goldwater Conservative
01-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Romney has very high negatives and a divisive figure like Huckabee would only make the situation worse. Moderates and independents hold the balance of power, and that ticket would probably do even worse with them than Bush/Cheney did, especially if Obama is the Dem nominee.

Revolution9
01-25-2008, 03:56 PM

They cannot beat Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama. that is the bottom line and that is where Ron's power comes in. The Republican honcho's know this but are avoiding dealing with it as long as possible.

Best
randy

wildboar
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I don't believe that Huck will want to have anything to do Romney and I don't blame him.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
They cannot beat Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama. that is the bottom line and that is where Ron's power comes in. The Republican honcho's know this but are avoiding dealing with it as long as possible.

Best
randy

The Republican honchos don't give a rat's ass if a Democrat wins, as long as Ron Paul doesn't win. Ron has no power over them at all. The Republicans and Democrats are the same big-government globalist party, with two faces. It makes no difference which face wins. Anyone who thinks the leadership of either party is scared of the other party winning is fooling themselves. They are on the same team, have been for decades. If Ron Paul were able to win enough delegates to steal the nomination, the Republican honchos would supply a neo-con Independent to try and split the Republican vote and ensure that the Democrats win. The Republican and Democratic honchos are NOT competitors, they belong to the same political cartel. As long as the winner is either Romney, Clinton, Giuliani, Obama, McCain, Edwards or Huckabee, the same political cartel retains its grip on power. Quit thinking in terms of Republicans vs. Democrats, it's the fatal trap our country has fallen into. Ron Paul is the only path out (that has an actual chance).

RonRules
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
The Republican honchos don't give a rat's ass if a Democrat wins, as long as Ron Paul doesn't win. Ron has no power over them at all. The Republicans and Democrats are the same big-government globalist party, with two faces. It makes no difference which face wins. Anyone who thinks the leadership of either party is scared of the other party winning is fooling themselves. They are on the same team, have been for decades. If Ron Paul were able to win enough delegates to steal the nomination, the Republican honchos would supply a neo-con Independent to try and split the Republican vote and ensure that the Democrats win. The Republican and Democratic honchos are NOT competitors, they belong to the same political cartel. As long as the winner is either Romney, Clinton, Giuliani, Obama, McCain, Edwards or Huckabee, the same political cartel retains its grip on power. Quit thinking in terms of Republicans vs. Democrats, it's the fatal trap our country has fallen into. Ron Paul is the only path out (that has an actual chance).

I think you're right about this. But with Ron Paul still polling very low in Florida and Thompson out, and Giuliani down, we're not getting any of their votes.

Creative drastic action needs to be taken.

I mentionned in a quick trip to Europe to get world wide press and a SuperBowl VP announcement. Both cost very little extra. We need more ideas.

G-Wohl
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM

Oh, shut up. You KNOW he didn't mean it that way.

What's funny about your post is that you completely go against yourself in the second sentence of the post... :rolleyes: