PDA

View Full Version : I need fliers printed

Sematary
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
I started a thread about distributing fliers at ozzfest and one person donated $100 to help me do that but that is only enough for me to buy printing supplies and print out my own materials (I don't have a problem doing that). So, what I'm asking, in lieu of cash donations is that people volunteer their printers and print up campaign material and send it to me so I can distribute the stuff at ozzfest. Which campaign material isn't really important. What IS important is that this effort will easily reach tens of thousands of new englanders. So I need campaign materials and I need volunteers to go to the show and help me distribute them.

Volunteers? PM me if you can help in any way. The show is in 18 days so this needs to be thrown together pretty quickly.

Thor
08-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I started a thread about distributing fliers at ozzfest and one person donated $100 to help me do that but that is only enough for me to buy printing supplies and print out my own materials (I don't have a problem doing that). So, what I'm asking, in lieu of cash donations is that people volunteer their printers and print up campaign material and send it to me so I can distribute the stuff at ozzfest. Which campaign material isn't really important. What IS important is that this effort will easily reach tens of thousands of new englanders. So I need campaign materials and I need volunteers to go to the show and help me distribute them.

Volunteers? PM me if you can help in any way. The show is in 18 days so this needs to be thrown together pretty quickly.

What is the price per copy if you print it yourself (paper, ink, printer depreciation due to high use) versus going to a print shop who might support RP and give you a 15% discount or something?

Color or B/W?

How big is it going to be? The larger it is, the more likly to be thrown on the ground or in the trash. People will not want to carry that stuff around. If it is pocket size (biz card) it can easily be stuffed in the pocket of jeans / shorts. I have found the best prices on biz cards at this place..

http://www.printrunner.com/

10,000 4 color U/V glossy coated 2 sided biz cards for $165 + shipping....

$134 if you do 4 color front / black back

Put Ron's face on the front, and the list of outstanding postions on the back. Color or black.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 09:36 AM
What is the price per copy if you print it yourself (paper, ink, printer depreciation due to high use) versus going to a print shop who might support RP and give you a 15% discount or something?

Color or B/W?

How big is it going to be? The larger it is, the more likly to be thrown on the ground or in the trash. People will not want to carry that stuff around. If it is pocket size (biz card) it can easily be stuffed in the pocket of jeans / shorts. I have found the best prices on biz cards at this place..

http://www.printrunner.com/

10,000 4 color U/V glossy coated 2 sided biz cards for $165 + shipping....

$134 if you do 4 color front / black back

Put Ron's face on the front, and the list of outstanding postions on the back. Color or black.

I'm in a fairly rural area and the local printing place was very expensive. For the most part, I will be begin by handing out the fliers at the beginning of the day and as people drive in but will also be placing them on Windshields throughout the day. A business card will get lost. This flier might work:

http://www.doomwadstation.com/rp1.jpg

http://www.doomwadstation.com/rp2.jpg

I think this one isn't bad because of the demographic. The drug war lead off on the orange one will catch their attention. This is an opportunity to reach, literally, tens of thousands of New Englanders in one day and, I would expect, some will join the effort to get his name out there. If a bunch of people print materials - whether it be these, the tri-folds, or some other campaign materials, I will distribute it all. The other thread I started enouraged one member to contribute $100 - very generous but not nearly enough to order something in bulk - say 10,000 pieces of literature (or more). That leaves it back to printing ourselves. I am willing to coordinate the effort and do the legwork to get this stuff distributed in the area but I need donations of money and/or campaign literature. I don't see alot in my area at all (actually almost nothing) as far as people working for RP. Maybe this can change that.

Thor
08-02-2007, 09:45 AM
That looks really good. I would put a picture of RP's face above "Support a Ron Paul Presidency in 2008" if you can fit it.

What size is that?

10,000 8.5 x 11 4 color 2 sided glossy flyers is $599 at printrunner.

$569 for 4 x 9 postcards (heavier stock)

If you have $100, you have almost 20% of what you need.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
That looks really good. I would put a picture of RP's face above "Support a Ron Paul Presidency in 2008" if you can fit it.

What size is that?

10,000 8.5 x 11 4 color 2 sided glossy flyers is $599 at printrunner.

$569 for 4 x 9 postcards (heavier stock)

If you have $100, you have almost 20% of what you need.

I didn't make the pictures. Someone else did. Anyway, yes, if I got enough donations, I would have 10,000 of these printed and I'm sure RP's face could be added. So far, through two threads and who knows how many views, I've had the one donation of $100 If I'm going to have 10,000 of these printed by a professional printer, I need more.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 09:56 AM
my paypal email address is interleave1@earthlink.net
Please donate so I can get 10,000 fliers printed.

Thor
08-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Well using print runner will be far cheaper than just about anything I have found. I did a good bit of research before. I have gotten some 2 sided glossy business cards from them and they were really nice. There might be a cheaper solution when your in the 10,000 range, but not sure.

I guess part of the concern people might have is, how are you going to get 10,000 of these out yourself? If you go 10 hours long, putting these on cars, as long as you don't get run off by a rent-a-cop, that is 1,000 an hour. Unless you plan on doing it over 3 or 4 days and possibly hitting the same car multiple times. That still is 250 - 300 an hour. Without any breaks. Seems near impossible.

Or is there a team that will be doing it? And what if you get run off by rent-a-cops? Or real cops, then the money and flyers are wasted....

I know you think business cards are not as noticable, but I found putting them in the drivers side door between the window and window seal just above the handle to get in is the best spot. Under the wiper for a flyer or business card 60% of the time is missed until they sit down, then they are pissed they have to get out of the car again to get the damn thing. Or they just drive off and left the wind take it.

Biz cards are cheaper, easier to handle, and you have a great spot to put them right above the door handle on the window. Just a thought.

McDermit
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
That flyer posted above is printed on a 4x6 postcard, double sided.

It's under $500 to get 15,000 printed at clubflyers.com

And I'm not sure about Boston, but when I've been at Ozzfest in Camden, NJ and Scranton, PA, people were handing out and/or flyring cars with all kinds of stuff and no one cared. Shouldn't be an issue. And if it is, you just move to another area.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Well using print runner will be far cheaper than just about anything I have found. I did a good bit of research before. I have gotten some 2 sided glossy business cards from them and they were really nice. There might be a cheaper solution when your in the 10,000 range, but not sure.

I guess part of the concern people might have is, how are you going to get 10,000 of these out yourself? If you go 10 hours long, putting these on cars, as long as you don't get run off by a rent-a-cop, that is 1,000 an hour. Unless you plan on doing it over 3 or 4 days and possibly hitting the same car multiple times. That still is 250 - 300 an hour. Without any breaks. Seems near impossible.

Or is there a team that will be doing it? And what if you get run off by rent-a-cops? Or real cops, then the money and flyers are wasted....

I know you think business cards are not as noticable, but I found putting them in the drivers side door between the window and window seal just above the handle to get in is the best spot. Under the wiper for a flyer or business card 60% of the time is missed until they sit down, then they are pissed they have to get out of the car again to get the damn thing. Or they just drive off and left the wind take it.

Biz cards are cheaper, easier to handle, and you have a great spot to put them right above the door handle on the window. Just a thought.

I already have a commitment from another person and am waiting for a friend to come back off tour to enlist his help. That's a start, but yes, I could use some volunteers to help hand these out.

Sematary
08-02-2007, 10:14 AM
That flyer posted above is printed on a 4x6 postcard, double sided.

It's under $500 to get 15,000 printed at clubflyers.com

And I'm not sure about Boston, but when I've been at Ozzfest in Camden, NJ and Scranton, PA, people were handing out and/or flyring cars with all kinds of stuff and no one cared. Shouldn't be an issue. And if it is, you just move to another area.

It won't be a problem. The real problem is coming up with the right literature to capture their attention. I think the flier pictured on the first page of this thread will do the job.