PDA

View Full Version : heading to AL to help today, family was buying greyhound ticket, fell through :(

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I still hope to make it somehow, but we are outta cash. If I start walking, I may make it in a week. ;-) I've handled food, lodging, everything else. I hate to ask, but if anybody is willing to purchase a greyhound ticket, let me know. not looking for cash at all, just the ticket to get down there.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 02:36 PM
NHQ wants me there (apparently I did very good around Charleston in the precincts I canvassed) and maybe they can expense the ticket, still waiting to hear.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
It's my own fault, really. I went self-employed as of October 2007, and have spent all my time drumming up votes fro Ron Paul instead of drumming up business for myself. Oh well. it was my choice. Even so, I've been averaging 2 clients a month without ANY advertising whatsoever.

Mark
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
How much do you need? Can the tickets be purchased online? How do we get you on that bus?

uncle saddam
01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
If any group can help you out...this is the place to be.

Details!

Dave Wood
01-25-2008, 03:40 PM
bump for freedom

Soccrmastr
01-25-2008, 03:45 PM
If you give more details it would kind of help... 0.o

mavtek
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, I'd like to know how we can buy you a ticket, from where exactly to where exactly, and how much it might cost.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 03:55 PM
I believe you just buy it straight from Greyhound, with my details. From Raleigh to AL is something like $213; but I am waiting to hear a "when" and a "where" and an "if the campaign will be expensing it" before I come down and say 'please.'

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.greyhound.com/

Your Itinerary
Round Trip

Adults:

Departing: Jan 25, 2008

To: Montgomery, AL

Miles: 641
Schedule: 0509
At: 10:55pm

Returning: Feb 6, 2008

Schedule: 1562
At: 06:30pm

Select Fare Type
Purchase
Fare Type
Qty
Passenger
Each
Total

Refundable Fare
Adult
$214.00**
$214.00

(No non-refundable fares available for this one, sadly. would have knocked about $50 off the price.)

Mark
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Gunny I didn't notice you were near Raleigh. You may have noticed I'm in Raleigh.

I live a few miles from downtown and the bus station, you could swing by my apartment on the way.

If you want to leave tonight, I've got enough to front you the cash,

and if others want to help me out, since I don't have much money, that would be great. We could do a chipin or something later.

Shoot, if others want to add a bit more for your expenses, I could handle a bit more too.

But now, we need to get you on the bus tonight if that's when you need to go.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
It's all about when I am to arrive. I'm looking at the very late bus, 10:55 PM because that puts me in AL at a reasonable time of day

Mark
01-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Well let's do this if you want, I live right at Cameron Village.

If you want to go tonight, you can. Just say the word.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
HQ is already going to expense my food (don't know how well that means) but lodging is also already taken care of. Basically the State Coordinator down there will be sending me to huge neighborhoods (dropping me off) to do all day canvassing, and picked up in the afternoon. I'd prefer to take my car, but my registration lapsed while I was in SC, and I am more focussed on getting the job done NOW, and worrying about that sort of thing later.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Calling State coordinator now. left message. waiting for reply

Mark
01-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't even have a working car myself, but I could always meet you at the Bus station if you have a way there.

I suppose, based on response, that people would chipin enough for a few extra bucks. 4-5 hundred might do you for a ticket and a couple bucks extra for basic needs.

Mark
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Calling State coordinator now. left message. waiting for reply

I'll set up a chipin right quick, and see if people want to help out.

deedles
01-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I'll help out with a little..

Mark
01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Here's the ChipIn Link, I just threw together a quick one for $500 --

http://toomchurch.chipin.com/gunnys-trip-to-alabama

amy31416
01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Good luck in Alabama, Gunny. Knock 'em dead!

And thanks for setting up the ChipIn on such short notice and for helping him out Mark.

Mark
01-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Gunny, I just emailed you my phone numbers - depending on how much we can raise in a short time,

and/or what the campaign will reimburse - I've got enough cash to give you $500+ for now.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh my goodness! thanks so much! I just wish I was independently wealthy so I could do this without help. I am, at least, very very good at gaining supporters through canvassing & etc. I've been passionate about liberty for 20 years now (since I was 15) so i have learned to articulate the basic concepts in a way that sheeple can understand. Brian has said he will be glad to pick me up when the bus arrives, so everything is all set now. I picked 10:55 PM departure so I'll arrive at 10:15 AM.

SC was great experience, I'll build on that in AL, and then when it comes time to win my precinct here in NC, my precinct will be S T R O N G ! ! !

Bossobass
01-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Gun,

If you'll consider leaving tomorrow (Saturday), I may be able to fly you there. I have someone looking into the flights and seats available now. Let me know.

I'll take care of the expenses if I can get you on a plane out of Raleigh/Durham. It will connect through Charlotte and then head to Montgomery. Leaving Raleigh around 10:00 AM and landing in Montgomery around 4:00 PM.

This is prelim info, I'll be more specific in a few if it's something you want to do.

Bosso

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Brian is still waiting to hear what the campaign will expense -- OK I got an e-mail from him...stand by...

OK he wants me arriving at 3:50 PM so I'll be leaving closer to midnight. No worries though, I'll make sure and stop by early enough. He is still waiting to hear what NHQ will expense. He said it's a bit hard to get a quick answer right now with the gearup for Super Tuesday, and the recent campaign re-org.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Gun,

If you'll consider leaving tomorrow (Saturday), I may be able to fly you there. I have someone looking into the flights and seats available now. Let me know.

I'll take care of the expenses if I can get you on a plane out of Raleigh/Durham. It will connect through Charlotte and then head to Montgomery. Leaving Raleigh around 10:00 AM and landing in Montgomery around 4:00 PM.

This is prelim info, I'll be more specific in a few if it's something you want to do.

Bosso

That's a heckuvalot better than a bus...and will be arriving at about the same time. that would be wonderful! Wow, freedom people are awesome! I'm approaching speechless here

Mark
01-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Good luck in Alabama, Gunny. Knock 'em dead!

And thanks for setting up the ChipIn on such short notice and for helping him out Mark.

Something about a "Team Effort" and "Friendship" comes to mind.

We've got $25 so far (Thank you Amy) - looks like Paypal takes a chuck - $1.03 out of $25.

I'll cover the PayPal costs - and if another method to get Gunny there materializes - I'll send the money back somehow,

or just forward it on to another cause designated by the person donating. (Thank you Amy)

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm going to grab some chow, will be out of the house for an hour. my g-mail hits my cellphone (glen42@gmail.com) and I can check the forums from it also. just not as well as I can here.

Bossobass
01-25-2008, 05:16 PM
It looks like this so far:

Leave Raleigh/Durham at 12:50 PM
Arrive at Charlotte 1:48 PM
Leave Charlotte at 4:05 PM
Arrive at Montgomery 4:31 PM

PM me your full name and I'll have you listed on the flight. You'll be flying on standby but my people tell me that there are plenty of seats open, so it shouldn't be a problem. :cool:

I'll give you all of the details through a reply to your PM.

Bosso

Mark
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
That's a heckuvalot better than a bus...and will be arriving at about the same time. that would be wonderful! Wow, freedom people are awesome! I'm approaching speechless here

Yeah, that would rock!

If we get more PayPal donations - and it's okay with the people donating --

-- if you can swing by here somehow on your way - I can meet you on Wade Ave. - (it turns into I-40 if you keep straight)

and I'll just give you any extra cash raised.

amy31416
01-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Something about a "Team Effort" and "Friendship" comes to mind.

We've got $25 so far (Thank you Amy) - looks like Paypal takes a chuck - $1.03 out of $25.

I'll cover the PayPal costs - and if another method to get Gunny there materializes - I'll send the money back somehow,

or just forward it on to another cause designated by the person donating. (Thank you Amy)

No problem, I'd say it was the least I could do, but heh, it's the most I could do right away.

I can't stand PayPal, I wish there was a better way to donate to these small things quickly.

Mark
01-25-2008, 05:35 PM
No problem, I'd say it was the least I could do, but heh, it's the most I could do right away.

I can't stand PayPal, I wish there was a better way to donate to these small things quickly.

A better way? Hmmm.. maybe I could just send you my address and you could swing by some time. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you want me to do.

Maybe I can return it somehow, or donate somewhere else in your name, or send you some flowers, or hand it off to Gunny somehow.

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Gunny did you get your republican registration done? i think Jan 30th is the last day to switch to republican.

i spoke with GOP HQ in Franklin county and they said precinct meetings are before County conventions in your County. and many precincts havnt decided when their precinct convention will occur (some time in Feb/March announced within 10 days of the convention) i PMed you some info, and ill update you when they get back about your specific precinct. Youll need to stay in contact with your precinct chairman for your date of precinct convention.

Good luck

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Got it done. Why the heck was Mark banned?

amy31416
01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Got it done. Why the heck was Mark banned?

Yeah! What the heck happened?

LiberalDemForRP
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah! What the heck happened?

Was wondering the same. Last thread he posted in was this one... ? I have absolutely no idea.

Emac
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi, this is Mark here again.

you'll have to contact me at markemails@gmail.com

LiberalDemForRP
01-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Interesting that Mark's reply about being banned and my reply to his message are now both deleted to never be seen again.

amy31416
01-25-2008, 06:38 PM
"Hi, this is Mark here again.

you'll have to contact me at markemails@gmail.com

Wow. It won't even let me quote him the regular way. I've talked to Mark plenty, and I never found him to be disrespectful, I don't think he ever swears or anything like that.

I just don't get it.

He just did a very good thing in offering to pay for a bus ticket to get this guy to Alabama to campaign for Ron Paul, I would hope that counts for something.

Ms. Doodahs, will you please explain or reconsider?

LiberalDemForRP
01-25-2008, 06:39 PM
What Amy said.

LiberalDemForRP
01-25-2008, 06:40 PM
Won't let you quote him because the post has been magically deleted.

Bryan
01-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Mark is on a one day ban for repeated violations of the forum guidelines. You can e-mail if you need to get in contact with him on this issue in this thread.

Thanks. :)

amy31416
Interesting that Mark's reply about being banned and my reply to his message are now both deleted to never be seen again.

Umm...hey mods, He said nothing wrong. Liberal said nothing wrong. This is ridiculous.

An explanation, please.

Don't make me start taking screen shots here like you have to on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc.

None of us have been impolite.

Mark just offered to buy Gunny a ticket, out of his own pocket to get Gunny to Alabama to help Ron Paul. That should count for something.

GunnyFreedom
That's insane! If anybody should have been banned for that, it should have been me, and that would have been insane too!

My goodness, this is 100% pure grassroots, 100% pro-Ron Paul. Not to mention that theis whole thing was spontaneous.

Bryan
01-25-2008, 06:45 PM
The one day ban had nothing to do with this thread.

Thanks. :)

LiberalDemForRP
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
It was something else he did, guys. We don't know what transpired. But still, the whole deleting and chopping of messages is so not cool, imo. :(

Bossobass
01-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Gun,

I have to split for the evening. I have you covered for the flight to Montgomery. All your info is in the PM I sent. You're listed, the flights look good and on time. If I need anything further, I've got your info (thanks).

Have a safe flight, my friend, and make a difference in AL. :cool:

Bosso

amy31416
01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
It was something else he did, guys. We don't know what transpired. But still, the whole deleting and chopping of messages is so not cool, imo. :(

Agreed 100%. Especially the fact that we got some posts deleted and did absolutely nothing inappropriate.

I know it was something else he did, that's one thing, but chopping threads when you don't like what it says is wrong. If we were swearing, insulting others or obviously trolling, that's one thing.

We weren't.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Gun,

I have to split for the evening. I have you covered for the flight to Montgomery. All your info is in the PM I sent. You're listed, the flights look good and on time. If I need anything further, I've got your info (thanks).

Have a safe flight, my friend, and make a difference in AL. :cool:

Bosso

Thank you so much. Got the info. I'm gonna WIN Alabama for y'all!! I'll also keep everyone up to date via phone blogging like i did for SC

amy31416
01-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Thank you so much. Got the info. I'm gonna WIN Alabama for y'all!! I'll also keep everyone up to date via phone blogging like i did for SC

Ahem, back to the matter at hand. . .

KNOCK 'EM DEAD GUNNY! Let us know how it went when you get back.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, I live-blogged my trip to SC, and apparently we did better in Charleston area than expected. (We were supposed to be VERY strong up-state, but it seems Chas was stronger. huh) And I'll live-blog my trip to AL here also.

Thanks so much everyone!

virginiakid
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey there Gunny, What happened with GA? I guess like you said, NHQ would rather have you in AL.It was great talking with you when I was down in Charleston. Had a great time down there.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Well, apparently the org in GA is so lacking that if we flooded the area HQ wouldn't know what to do with us, or with the information we would provide. So instead we go somewhere where there is still a desperate need for people, but enough of an HQ org to be effective.

I too really enjoyed Chas, and working with all the great folks down there. Even with our dismal showing in the primary, we had better than 30% of the people we spoke to saying they loved RP and his platform, and "would vote for him if he could win."

So call SC an 'education' campaign, and move on to less brainwashed waters. We did really good waking people up in SC. We woke a LOT of folks up to the issues that really mattered, even if they didn't actually vote their conscience when it came to crunch time.

VirginiaKid may be able to back me up on this, but at 3 weeks before the primary, most folks didn't know that the economy and civil liberties were even important issues. By the time we left, the vast majority DID. If nothing else, that in and of itself is a kind of victory (even if it's a Pyhrric victory).

Now we have some ammo from NV and LA to work with, and maybe we can crack some of that 30%. 8-)

voortrekker
01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
GUNNYFREEDOM,

The rifleman persists and still persists despite any odds, always and forever, absolute to the hilt.

I admire your persistance.

I miss your posts at libertysprice.org BTW.

If things fall through with intentions towards your travel expenses, email me.

I will pay for them.

PM coming to you now.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

Brett

austin356
01-25-2008, 08:24 PM
"Oh Southern Star how I wish you would shine and show me the way to get home"

I am poor and cannot help ya out but can give ya a nice welcome when you arrive. :) :) :) :)

TwiLeXia
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
start a chipin!

nc4rp
01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
just imagine when suddenly 25 million people decide.."well maybe he CAN win..." go gunny!

and about Mark, it was ONLY 1 day ban, must have been a minor disagreement

Dustancostine
01-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Why was he banned?

Soccrmastr
01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Why was he banned?

Im absolutely wondering the same.

deedles
01-25-2008, 09:01 PM
I sent up a little donation.. go get 'em gunny!

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 09:12 PM
GUNNYFREEDOM,

The rifleman persists and still persists despite any odds, always and forever, absolute to the hilt.

I will pay for them.

PM coming to you now.

Brett

I miss LibertysPrice also, and caught the domain change. I can absolutely assure you that I will be back there. Y'all were the the first group of real liberty-minded folk I encountered. Before you guys, I thought I was all alone. And it was through LP and the RWVA that I first heard of Ron Paul. I'm 100% on Ron Paul right now, but I will definately be back at LP when I can.

I'll also reccommend anybody who loves Liberty to check the forum out. Tons of good info, grassroots stuff and issues relating to the demise of liberty in the US. Very 2nd Amendment friendly.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 09:34 PM
GUNNYFREEDOM,

I will pay for them.

PM coming to you now.

Brett

Strangely enough - it just occurred to me that I am wearing my RWVA t0-shirt today. huh.

GunnyFreedom
01-25-2008, 10:11 PM
"Oh Southern Star how I wish you would shine and show me the way to get home"

I am poor and cannot help ya out but can give ya a nice welcome when you arrive. :) :) :) :)

Well I'm going to be around Mongomery, doing lots and lots of canvassing and lit drops. Dunno how far that is from you, but I'd love to grab lunch one day. 8-)

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 02:36 AM
I sent up a little donation.. go get 'em gunny!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Seriously, this is huge to me. Only, with the plans changed to air travel as they have, I dunno that I will be be stopping by Mark's. The only thing that still concerns me is the return trip. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though. You guys rock!!

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 02:39 AM
I know from SC that I should be getting every drop of sleep I can right now. I'm about to be exhausted from now until 5 Feb. But I can't sleep. Go figure!

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 02:41 AM
G'luck Gunny, I wish you the best of luck. I'm going to canvass after I do my homework today.

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 03:16 AM
actually, it looks like I will still be able to get what is put into the chipin. My girlfriend does most of my banking, and will be able to put it in my account for food. The less RP08 NHQ has to expense, the better, I am certain. I'm still looking at being extremely frugal food wise expensed or not. This going from state to state thing is almost a kind of spiritual journey. Maybe I did pick the exactly right time to become self employed--almost no clients yet, no business commitments, able to go where I am needed and stay there until the job is done.

Liberty is in our grasp, ladies and gentlemen. It is time to rise up peacefully and seize it!

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 03:35 AM
G'luck Gunny, I wish you the best of luck. I'm going to canvass after I do my homework today.

Outstanding! thanks so much, and good luck to you too! Canvassing is a whole lot of no fun, but it makes all the difference in the world. Be prepared for the "I love his platform, and would vote for him if he could win" objection. I got a L O T of that down in SC. Towards the end of SC though I got pretty good at overcoming it.

I would tell people that I heard that from better than 30% of the people I spoke to, that if everyone who said that actually voted for him, he would win HUGE, then I point out that when it comes time for the General Election, no pro-war candidate could possibly win against a democrat this year, with public sentiment being 75% against the war, and finally i ask them if they are going to let CNN and Fox News tell them who to vote for.

That formula seems to work pretty good.

And don't forget to ask them if we can count on their support in the primary election, and if they say yes, get their name, address, or something. if you are afraid/ashamed to ask their name and phone number, get their address, and HQ can do a reverse lookup.

Gustogus
01-26-2008, 04:15 AM
. He said it's a bit hard to get a quick answer right now with the gearup for Super Tuesday, and the recent campaign re-org.

What campaign re-org?

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 04:32 AM
Right after SC there was a lot of talk about re organizing the campaign. could be just shuffling folks all over the US. dunno. but I do know that changes were made across the board after SC.

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 05:05 AM
So tired, but can't sleep. I'm gonna regret this tomorrow. I guarantee it.

Mark
01-26-2008, 07:12 PM
It's a shame to have lost 24 very important hours hours for this cause,
but at least I know a little bit about how Ron feels when he "speaks truth to power".

UpDate:

We've received 2 donations of $25 so far. Thank you Amy and deedles. It's a VERY honorable thing that you've done.

Now I challenge others to step up to the plate and put a buck or two in for someone who is gaining real votes for Ron.

Especially those who identify yourself as a Christian, because Glen (Gunny) is one of your Brothers in Christ, with a very strong faith.

If you're truly a Christian, I won't have to explain any further why you should help him.

I'm covering all paypal fees myself, so please be assured that if you can donate a dollar or 5 or any amount,
every penny's worth will go to this true Patriot.

His girlfriend will meet me to collect whatever's donated in order to deposit it in his checking account
so he'll have access to some pocket money while canvassing door-to-door for Ron.

He will also need to purchase transportation back home after he's won vote for Ron, so please keep that in mind if you care to donate.

This soldier for Ron has denied his own needs to help his country.

He's neglected the needs of himself and his loved ones to sacrifice for us all.

He could be comfortable at home building his own business, making money for himself, enjoying his life,
yet he's making the huge sacrifice to do this on a volunteer basis.

Let's show HIM some love, shall we?

He was SO good at door to door canvasing, that the official campaign requested that he do this.

Now, shouldn't more than 2 of the thousands of people on this board feel led to support him? I think so.

And I'll lose a LOT of respect for MANY people here if they can't even find it in their heart to donate even $1 to this wonderful man.

The chipin is only for $500.

$50 has been given - that leaves only $450 that needs to be donated.

Are there not 450 people on this board that will give $1? Or 90 that will give $5? Or 18 who will give $25?

And again, he still needs to find a way to get back home.

I just received an email that say that the Alabama Republican Assembly has endorsed Ron Paul.

That's the very state that Gunny is in now.

Now how important is it that WE in the Grassroots show him some Love?

How important is it that a man who did so well canvassing that the Ron Paul Campaign asked him
to go to this very important state is interrupting his own life and neglecting his own needs to do this ?

How important are the votes that he WILL win for Ron Paul?

Are they important enough for you to at least donate $1?

Mark
01-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Le' bump

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Well I made it here! Bags and all! I'm going to be posting a new thread in the Alabama subforum on a major project I need to work on down here -- creating a grassroots drive get out the vote effort. It will take me some time just to post, I am lacking Internet, so I have to post via phone only for now.

But I want to invite our best innovators to the Alabama thread to help create a grassroots GOTV campaign. GOTV is where an election is won or lost. End of story.

I have a few ideas here. We don't have walking lists, but we do have donor lists. Donors are people who want to see RP win right? So the may make an effort.

Maybe send each donor a set of GOTV instructions.

1- canvass your own neighborhood, and identify support.
2- form a tiny RP newsletter to keep supporters up to date until primary.
3- organize poll parties and invite all supporters and undecideds to attend -- make it a Rop Paul "for he's a jolly good fellow" party, and after everyone is in a great mood, drive the whole party en masse to the poll to vote.

Just a rough sketch. I'll post an 'official' grassroots GOTV thread in AL subforum to form a think tank for this. I invite everyone to join me. It will take some time though -- typing on my phone is not the easiest thing!

affa
01-26-2008, 07:50 PM
broke bump (saving for campaign)

deedles
01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
come on, folks... jeez

Mark
01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
We have $25 more from a true Patriot! Thank You!! And Blessing to you!

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 08:09 PM
I'll be doing a lot of traditional canvass work here in Montgomery and Tuscaloosa. Those two counties will be the focus for delegates, and I will be working those counties to earn us delegates to the convention.

Much of the rest of AL will be up to grassroots, and I believe we can shock the establishment with a huge GOTV showing. Rasmussen has us at 3% here, so we've got them right where we want them (obscure Bastogne reference to the Battle of the Bulge).

My goal is to push real support from 3% to 8% and then levy the grassroots to form their own GOTV push (through poll parties especially) and bring 40% of ours to the poll compared to 10% of theirs.

I say everyone in AL who loves RP should throw a massive party on 5 Feb. Invite everyone. Just everyone. Especially the RP supporters they've identified, but also the undecideds. Maybe even a bare sprinkling of 'weaker' supporters of others candidates. Make it a huge Ron Paul party. Start with brunch at 10:00 AM, light lunch at 1:00 PM, and everyone pile into cars and carpool to the polls around 3:00 PM

Mark
01-26-2008, 08:13 PM
come on, folks... jeez

A sad state of affairs isn't it?

I guess time killing polls are more important to some "Christians" than actually supporting something worthwhile with even as little as $1.

Probably didn't even read a thread asking for help. You know how "some" people are. Big words little action.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Faith without works is dead.

Many will say "Lord Lord", and He will say, "I never knew you, depart from me ye who work iniquity".

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 08:22 PM
oh man, you guys rock!

As it stands, I have $20 for 3-4 weeks until the client I fixed last week pays me his $50. I eat kinda frugal, and was horrified to discover that in Charlotte airport, a BK whopper meal went for almost $10!! For the next 5 days or so, I'll be all by my lonesome in Tuskaloosa county where I will be working on a delegate turnout.

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the help! Before I got here, the plan was to focus on 2 counties and carry their delegates. But I think we can really levy a grassroots GOTV and shock even NHQ. !!

GunnyFreedom
01-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I have a kitchenette thing here, so real food is both cheaper and healthier. The apartmet is under construction and not heated, but the floor has carpet, so that helps. But all that matters is winning the vote for RP, and this is where we need it.

Mark
01-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll be doing a lot of traditional canvass work here in Montgomery and Tuscaloosa. Those two counties will be the focus for delegates, and I will be working those counties to earn us delegates to the convention.

Much of the rest of AL will be up to grassroots, and I believe we can shock the establishment with a huge GOTV showing. Rasmussen has us at 3% here, so we've got them right where we want them (obscure Bastogne reference to the Battle of the Bulge).

My goal is to push real support from 3% to 8% and then levy the grassroots to form their own GOTV push (through poll parties especially) and bring 40% of ours to the poll compared to 10% of theirs.

I say everyone in AL who loves RP should throw a massive party on 5 Feb. Invite everyone. Just everyone. Especially the RP supporters they've identified, but also the undecideds. Maybe even a bare sprinkling of 'weaker' supporters of others candidates. Make it a huge Ron Paul party. Start with brunch at 10:00 AM, light lunch at 1:00 PM, and everyone pile into cars and carpool to the polls around 3:00 PM

Did you see the news that the Alabama Republican Assembly Endorsed Ron ?

Maybe they knew it was coming and wanted their best canvassers there!!

Mark
01-26-2008, 08:39 PM
ALRIGHT! $20 MORE!! Real Patriots are starting to show their colors!

Mark
01-26-2008, 08:46 PM
oh man, you guys rock!

As it stands, I have $20 for 3-4 weeks until the client I fixed last week pays me his $50. I eat kinda frugal, and was horrified to discover that in Charlotte airport, a BK whopper meal went for almost $10!! For the next 5 days or so, I'll be all by my lonesome in Tuskaloosa county where I will be working on a delegate turnout.

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the help! Before I got here, the plan was to focus on 2 counties and carry their delegates. But I think we can really levy a grassroots GOTV and shock even NHQ. !!

I'm hoping you being able to eat is more important to more people than have shown so at this point.

I thought there were more true Patriots here than that. And even more true Christians.

Here's the link again to help Gunny eat while he's canvassing for anyone who REALLY cares about winning this election,
I'm sure he could use the energy:

Mark
01-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm hoping you being able to eat is more important to more people than have shown so at this point.

I thought there were more true Patriots here than that. And even more true Christians.

Here's the link again to help Gunny eat while he's canvassing for anyone who REALLY cares about winning this election,
I'm sure he could use the energy:

Still at 2 new donors tonight. Can anyone spare even $5 for your own Brother?

LiberalDemForRP
01-26-2008, 09:16 PM
In for $50.00...

Gunny, you make me proud to be a part of this movement. Thanks for all you do. I hope your time spent there is not only valuable but also hell of a lot of fun!

LiberalDemForRP
01-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Bump. Anyone want to pitch in $5? $10? Help with Gunny's expenses while in AL until Feb 5...

Mark
01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
In for $50.00...

Gunny, you make me proud to be a part of this movement. Thanks for all you do. I hope your time spent there is not only valuable but also hell of a lot of fun!

Now there's a Carolina Girl! Carolina guys know what I mean!

Mark
01-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Calling ALL Christians! Brother in need!!

mavtek
01-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Just sent you $20

rightobeleftalone
01-26-2008, 10:14 PM
I gave Gunny $25.

Go Gunny!

CaliforniaAndre
01-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Another 25.00 to make sure Gunny can do his job without going hungry.
Come on people! I thought this was why we are here?

sheepledog
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I gave 30.00. Hope it helps. <>< <>< <><

RPSignbomb
01-26-2008, 11:36 PM
This thread sounds like those guys at wal-mart who always use "my car ran out of gas and I'm 50 miles from home... can you please help?"

Dustancostine
01-26-2008, 11:43 PM
$25 Given. Go get'm Gunny.

Mark
01-26-2008, 11:49 PM
This thread sounds like those guys at wal-mart who always use "my car ran out of gas and I'm 50 miles from home... can you please help?"

What kind of a person are you to sit at your computer and make fun of someone
who just left their loved ones and their home to do such a Blessed thing?

He's not sitting at home at HIS computer like you are. He's actually making a difference. A positive difference.

He's bringing in votes. He OWNS you.

icon124
01-26-2008, 11:50 PM

haha never seen that before, must be funny to see

CaliforniaAndre
01-27-2008, 12:07 AM
RPSignbomb....

Why even post if its going to be negitive. Yes he is asking for help. Not in a Walmart parking lot, but in the grassroots forum.
Why are we collected if not for reasons like this.
Gunny was not asking for profit.... He was asking us to help him help us.

Here is the "chipin" link:

Crickett
01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey Gunny..good luck..enjoying reading the thread..TWO things I want o say:
DO NOT give exact precinct type advice when you write here. I think that is how our enemies got wind of how much we were winning in LA.

The other thing--I read this great article where this woman said something about the presidential election is NOT a horse race. In a horserace it is important to pick a winner before the race starts. In a Presidential election it is important to pick a candidate whose issues most closely fit your own. Picking the "winner" ahead of time, like in a horserace means nothing.

Blah blah, you get the drift..another great countermeasure.....GL !!!!

StateofTrance
01-27-2008, 12:48 AM

Are you one of those "wannabe elitists" who ignore people in need for help?

CaliforniaAndre
01-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Gunny bump!

Mark
01-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Half way there! Houston we have $250!

Crickett
01-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Well..he got a plane ticket donated so the $250 is more than he said he needed. WTG guys..

Mark
01-27-2008, 05:02 AM
Well..he got a plane ticket donated so the $250 is more than he said he needed. WTG guys..

Amen! God's Best Blessings to everyone who helped this truly dedicated Patriot.

He still needs a way home though, I sure that will be worked out somehow.

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
oh my goodness ladies and gentlemen! When I posted the OP, all I was looking for was a ride or a greyhound. This is way above and beyond. I dunno what to say guys! Thank you. When I was called up and asked to help, I ready did not want to have to say no. You guys made it happen. God bless you, and GO RON PAUL!!!

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM
well, you guys blow me away! Getting ready to head for Tuscaloosa now, will be doing lit drops and canvass for a solid week. May need some vitamin C, think I caught a bug on the plane, the earlier I counter it, the less effect it will have. All is well though! This'll be nothing compared to Parris Island!

Mark
01-27-2008, 04:14 PM

http://toomchurch.chipin.com/gunnys-trip-to-alabama --> $260 so far!

well, you guys blow me away! Getting ready to head for Tuscaloosa now, will be doing lit drops and canvass for a solid week. May need some vitamin C, think I caught a bug on the plane, the earlier I counter it, the less effect it will have. All is well though! This'll be nothing compared to Parris Island!

Definitely drink plenty of water and take some vitamins and try to rest a bit. Ron needs you good and healthy!

I just spoke to your girlfriend and she's coming by in a little bit to pick up a check for deposit tomorrow
so you can get some healthy food and take care of that bug.

Everyone, Gunny's girlfriend works close to my home so if more people care to help Gunny it'll be easy to get the help to him.

We still have an hour or so before she swings by for the check so if you can help out a little more
I'll add it to the check she picks up today.

Thanks again everyone, it's a very wonderful thing you all have done for your Brother Gunny.

Ron needs Gunny, and we need Gunny, and he needed us to help him help us all. It's been a beautiful thing all around.

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
seriously, this is more than enough. Thanks so much guys! I'm not gonna be eating filet mignon over here. More like ramen and dollar menu. I should even be able to get return fare now. You guys are awesome!!!

Mark
01-27-2008, 05:16 PM
seriously, this is more than enough. Thanks so much guys! I'm not gonna be eating filet mignon over here. More like ramen and dollar menu. I should even be able to get return fare now. You guys are awesome!!!

Well, you'll still need a couple of bucks when you get home, especially if you still need to renew your truck registration.

Plus, I've lived on Ramen noodles many times, including much of the last 3-4 months.

It makes a world of difference to be able to afford some vitamins and solid food.

The extra energy from solid food is quite noticeable, and you need to be on the top of your game to do your best for Ron and us.

God Bless you Gunny, much Love in Christ to you and yours.

Mark
01-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Update:

Gunny's girlfriend and her brother just came by and I gave them a check in Gunny's name for $300.

She mentioned Ron might even want Gunny to head to Texas next.

Thanks again everyone!

nc4rp
01-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Thank you Mark, Gunny, and everyone whos helping.

JenaS62
01-27-2008, 08:00 PM
I just kicked in $15. Thanks for this Gunny! You are a true patriot. And thanks Mark for organizing the chipin. Excellent.

constitutional
01-27-2008, 08:00 PM