PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Friends Usa

Dick Mills
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Dear Members of Ron Paul Forums:

I don't have time to rebut every comment made on this site; but let me state emphatically that the ONLY purpose of RON PAUL FRIENDS USA is to help organize the grassroots and to provide you with tools to do your job.

We do not solicit funds (we are privately funded) and our only "income" is from the sale of our DVD: Practical Politics 101--Boots on the Ground, for just enough to cover production and mailing. And if you think we are interested in your money, or your email addresses for any other reason than communicating ideas and strategies, you are sadly mistaken.

I have been in the political arena for over 50 years and have never seen so many "experts" who have just come out of the political closet. If Ron Paul does not get nominated and elected, it will be for four reasons (and I speak only to those negative thinkers in the crowd):

1. You refused to be organized
2. You refused to be disciplined, either by others or yourself
3. You refused to be led by experienced leaders
4. You lived in a fantasy world of your own creation that denied political reality

RON PAUL FRIENDS USA and our website is a GIFT to America.

Our website contains many valuable tools and our people have dedicated many hours of their time free of charge to create them for you.

"Pride goeth before a fall; and a haughty look before destruction."

I admire the enthusiasm and motivation of the young...and the old...in this effort. But youthful enthusiasm will never replace experienced leadership.

If you don't want to work with RON PAUL FRIENDS USA, find some experienced leadership that you can respect. But DO SOMETHING!! Besides waving your signs and posting blurbs on the internet. The time for most of that is well past.

Politics is HARD WORK if you are to win; there is no free lunch. "Boots on the Ground" is not just a slogan...it means YOUR shoeleather on the pavement. Walk your neighborhood at the very least; quit being so bashful and TALK to people--at coffee, lunch, stores, post offices and banks. I know thousands of Ron Paul supporters who must be ashamed of the fact because they NEVER wear a campaign button, hat, or bumber sticker, and never carry position cards.

This will be my last post to this site unless something really deserving of our time requires it.

I know many of you are dedicated and hardworking. But many more need direction and leadership.

The Administrator of this site, Bryan is a personal friend of mine, and an ally with RON PAUL FRIENDS USA here in Houston. He has done a great job, along with Josh, in getting this thing up and going. It can be a useful tool or a gross waste of your time. It's up to you. Use the tools and jettison the fluff!

Dick Mills
National Director
RON PAUL FRIENDS USA
www.ronpaulfriendsusa.com

yongrel
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Here here!

I'll be joining when I get home.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-25-2008, 12:07 PM
RON PAUL FRIENDS USA and our website is a GIFT to America.

Our website contains many valuable tools and our people have dedicated many hours of their time free of charge to create them for you.

The web site is ok...but it needs alot of work. Its basically a skeleton, with the issues section from ronpaul2008 pasted in. I've signed up (hesitantly) but have not recieved my email verification, and theres no LOG-in button offered on the "home" screen.

It seems like it has potential, just needs more work. (just my initial opinions)

dspectre
01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the post.

You have to understand on the internet, people have a tendency to be more vocal then they would in real life. I guess it is a way to vent their frustration, I'm not sure exactly what it is...

These boards also have doubled their negativity in the past months and I'm not sure the exact reason. I think the troops here are suffering from a little low morale.

I definitely agree, though, we need some leadership. Hopefully we can rally behind something like this and use the experience of people who know the political process.

constituent
01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
fwiw, rp has been steady kickin' azz the past few days and has been hanging in the right position to strike all opponents when the time is right.

dick, keep up the good work.

i tried to get in touch w/ you guys months ago about some other stuff after bryan referred me to you guys.... the individual i ultimately ended up trying to contact (email@hisname.com), well his server, kept kicking out my e-mails...

soooo.... might wanna look into that, i'm sure others have prolly attempted to contact you and missed crossing paths as well.

also, i looked up your database under tx and i'm not in there... if that was your last post, i guess it's kinda dumb for me to respond and expect an answer... so i'll leave it all at that...

but a PM would be appreciated if ya get a chance.

McDermit
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Never got a signup confirmation or passwd. Useless site.

We should be migrating to the precinct leader program, not the site of some high and mighty folks who want to attack anyone who doesn't use their site.

And btw, please make the info of those registered PRIVATE. I don't want my name showing up for the world to see, I never gave you permission to publish it.

wstrucke
01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
now, how about that billionaire? :)

TexFootballMom
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks Dick for the website and all of your dedication.

It is appreciated.

I signed up the instant I found out about it and received an email.

I agree, lets get to work. We have a very honorable man to get elected.

Let's take our country back!

yongrel
01-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Uh... I have yet to get a confirmation. I know it says that my signup or whatever would be reviewed by a moderator, but... how long does that really take?

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Uh... I have yet to get a confirmation. I know it says that my signup or whatever would be reviewed by a moderator, but... how long does that really take?

Same Here

Live Free or Die
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Dick, thanks for your efforts. However, you should re-think using sharepointsite.net, as it is not a secure website. Registrants' personal info is left open and the redirects from ronpaulfriendsusa.com do not warn the user that they are being redirected to a non-secure website.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7531/donotwantdogim8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dawnbt
01-25-2008, 04:26 PM
You want people to join your group, however I did 2 days ago and have yet to recieve confirmation. If your going to post the severity of everyone joining your site pronto, you may want to get on the ball and confirm some memberships.
Also, why isn't there somewhere to login?

Ira Aten
01-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Quote by Dick:
"Pride goeth before a fall; and a haughty look before destruction."

Sage advice. After reading your post, and considering it's tone and manner, I suggest you may want to heed that same advice yourself.

Oh, by the way. If Ron Paul doesn't win I doubt it will be due to the members of this forum. If everyone on this site were as crafty as Jame Carville and Dick Morris combined, and were as disciplined as the U.S. Marine Corp Drill Team, Ron Paul would STILL be an outcast according to the mainstream media, and the NEOCONS running the so called Republican party.

Nothing will change the fact Ron Paul's only goal in his political life is to return our system of government to once again, being "...in pursuance of* " the Constitution.

There is no way on God's green earth that the powers that be in the party, (or the Main-Stream-Media) are going to allow the Supreme Law of the Land, to once again become, the supreme law of the land.

It will take MANY MORE RON PAULS TO DO THAT.

So I'd suggest you not blame Ron Paul supporters for there not being enough Ron Paul support existing. Look elsewhere for that. You'll find it running the Republican Party.

* Article VI, U.S. Constitution

Pete
01-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Ron Paul Friends USA seems to conflict or overlap with the precinct leader program.

Could anyone please explain the difference? At first look, the precinct leader program strikes me as the one to support, as it is the one most visible to the public. Rising numbers in that effort will make a bigger impact, I think.

DBJ1414
01-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Bump-doug

DBJ1414
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Bump-doug

Bryan
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Ron Paul Friends USA seems to conflict or overlap with the precinct leader program.

Could anyone please explain the difference? At first look, the precinct leader program strikes me as the one to support, as it is the one most visible to the public. Rising numbers in that effort will make a bigger impact, I think.

The big difference is that RPF USA started in June of last year, but now that the official campaign has got started on this they both basically have the same goals. I'd guess that most of the RPF USA people have signed up on the official site now. Still, RPF USA goes beyond this by working to organize counties, senate districts and states, as needed. This is more important in caucus states but still valuable by giving precinct leaders local leadership to help them out. Of course, it is what you make of it and it will vary from state to state.

DBJ1414
01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
The big difference is that RPF USA started in June of last year, but now that the official campaign has got started on this they both basically have the same goals. I'd guess that most of the RPF USA people have signed up on the official site now. Still, RPF USA goes beyond this by working to organize counties, senate districts and states, as needed. This is more important in caucus states but still valuable by giving precinct leaders local leadership to help them out. Of course, it is what you make of it and it will vary from state to state.

THANKS BRYAN- FOR YOUR YOUR POSTING & SUPPORT OF DICK MILLS & RON PAUL FRIENDS- USA-DOUG

Pete
01-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Got it, Bryan, and thanks for explaining.

Sounds like "dual citizenship" in the precinct program and Friends would be a good idea.