PDA

View Full Version : FYI: RP never said he WOULDNT run 3rd Party

spankz
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Watch the Meet the Press interview.

They attempted to get him to say without a shadow of a doubt that he wouldn't run 3rd party.

He said "I need a little wiggle room once in a while."

He has always said "I have no intention" or "no plans."

Its smart politics. He wants the Republican nom....but he hasnt ruled out another one.

Joe3113
01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
From my other post...

I think there are MANY good reasons why a third party run gives us a greater chance at the presidency than a brokered convention.

1. We are losing voters to registration deadlines
2. If Hillary gets the nod for the Democrats, I'm sure we can convince Obama supporters to come to us (They hate Hillary).
3. We don't have to be demoralized by working within the Republican Party corrupted system controlled by the nWo lackies (who will never allow Ron to get the nod anyway)
4. If McCain (It will be him or Romney) gets the nod then we could attract a lot of conservative Republicans who hate him with a passion but are not yet aware of Ron because they are fixated on Romney and the MSM.

Of course the bad thing is that the 2 major parties have worked together to shut out 3rd parties with outrageous rules for getting on the ballot etc...It's fucking fascism. It's CFR V CFR with the Dems and GOP, then you look elsewherre and you find nothing, because they have shut 3rd parties out. Pisses me off so much.

edit: O Yeah....and it will be FUN AS HELL and we could expand the movement MUCH FASTER (Some people are turned off simply because we identify as 'Republicans' - I call that the Keith Olbermann false-left paradigm effect)

crazyfingers
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
You are incorrect.

Check out the very end of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ

When asked about an independent run, Dr. Paul said "it's not gonna happen"

Interviewer: So if you don't get the Republican nomination you're done?
RP: That's right

There you have it folks. It doesn't get much more conclusive than that. Now you can say that he was lying in that interview but he seemed sincere enough for me. Personally I trust him enough to take him at his word.

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Whether he intends to or not, he does need the wiggle room. We are the ace up his sleeve, and we need to give him power against the odds stacked against him in a brokered convention. Even if he doesn't run per se, we can vote for him and convince others to do the same--provided he's on the ballot. If things look grim, we need to be working on the petitions that will get his name on the ballot in each state.

No, I'm not arguing in favor of a third party run. What I'm talking about is giving him barganing power in a brokered convention!

Stand ready, patriots!

Joe3113
01-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Whether he intends to or not, he does need the wiggle room. We are the ace up his sleeve, and we need to give him power against the odds stacked against him in a brokered convention. Even if he doesn't run per se, we can vote for him and convince others to do the same--provided he's on the ballot. If things look grim, we need to be working on the petitions that will get his name on the ballot in each state.

No, I'm not arguing in favor of a third party run. What I'm talking about is giving him barganing power in a brokered convention!

Stand ready, patriots!

The GOP WILL NOT allow him to get the nomination. GOP is 100% nWo controlled. No different to the Democrats.

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
The GOP WILL NOT allow him to get the nomination. GOP is 100% nWo controlled. No different to the Democrats.

He was drafted into the Air Force. If we vote him in come November, he's plenty patriotic enough to serve, I think...

Be ready on those petitions!

LJHudd
01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Ron Paul is trying to reform the Republican Party, he is a Republican, elected 10 times as a Republican, may want to return to Congress and continue his work as a Republican if he does not get elected President.

He can not leave the Republican Party now to run as a 3rd Party candidate.

I just finished reading Neo - CONNED! (http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=630) One of Ron Paul's best speeches on the house floor ever and have come to realize how desperately WE ALL need to work to reform the Republican Party or this country will soon no longer be a Repulic.

Anyone who has not yet read that speech, should read it, print it out and drop it on ever door step your feet can carry you to! It's absolutely profoundly brilliant!

JS4Pat
01-25-2008, 12:55 PM
3. We don't have to be demoralized by working within the Republican Party corrupted system controlled by the nWo lackies (who will never allow Ron to get the nod anyway)

As a former Republican, turned Independent, turned Republican again for Dr. Paul - I have to say that would be THE BEST PART OF A THIRD PARTY RUN. :D

spankz
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
You are incorrect.

Check out the very end of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6hZfxsJ4lQ

When asked about an independent run, Dr. Paul said "it's not gonna happen"

Interviewer: So if you don't get the Republican nomination you're done?
RP: That's right

There you have it folks. It doesn't get much more conclusive than that. Now you can say that he was lying in that interview but he seemed sincere enough for me. Personally I trust him enough to take him at his word.

Watch the MTP interview, which I believe was at a later date.

There IS a chance he will run 3rd party. The whole idea of reforming the Republican party is flawed. Dr. Paul has been an outsider in his own party for a while now and they have worked against him, even in his congressional district

angrydragon
01-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Third-party run?

Possibility? Yes.
Probability...1-2%

crazyfingers
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Watch the MTP interview, which I believe was at a later date.

There IS a chance he will run 3rd party. The whole idea of reforming the Republican party is flawed. Dr. Paul has been an outsider in his own party for a while now and they have worked against him, even in his congressional district

The interview I linked to was a few days prior to the Nevada caucus (1/19/08), which was held nearly a month after the MTP interview (12/23/07). I don't really care so I'm not going to argue it any further, but he did shut the door on a third party run. He didn't say he has "no intention" of doing it, or he was "99.9% sure" he wasn't going to do it, he said "it's not gonna happen". The reason he hasn't been more forthcoming about it in other interviews (or the debates) is because he enjoys seeing the GOP worry about the possibility. I just don't think people should get their hopes up, that's all.

thefred
01-25-2008, 01:47 PM
stop feeding trolls

Maltheus
01-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Did you guys not watch the debate. That was the closest he came to practically announcing a third party candidacy. He was essentially warning the Republican that it was something they should probably be worrying about. I immediately donated another $50 after hearing that. I thought all along that he should be threatening that. The Perot factor would completely sink Republican chances at taking the White House. The anyone-but-Hillary crowd might come around if they were made to understand that.

Paul knows he's not a fit for a the Republican party. With a little more time and the economy collapsing, we have a real chance at selling him as a viable third party candidate. I think that's been why he's been careful in his spending. And the longer he stays in, the better for the movement. I'm going to the Feb. 5th caucuses to run as a delegate, but I have zero expectations of him winning the nom after NH and NV. His third party chances are much better and I'm prepared to donate a nice sum on the day he announces. Hopefully he does it before the end of February.