PDA

View Full Version : Colbert's speech writer shouts "Ron Paul for president!" during congress.

Brad324
01-25-2008, 11:53 AM
digg.com/comedy/Colbert_s_writers_disturb_congress

Mystile
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Meh, just trying to smear Ron Paul's supporters as "kooks". Move along.

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Digg Caught Red-Handed Censoring Ron Paul Stories

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1695

F#*@ Digg

Eric21ND
01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
It got a laugh out of me. I guess people know who Ron Paul is now at least. They applauded when he screamed it. lol

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah thanks to stalking Hannity and spamming everything we have a horrible reputation.

colin1
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah thanks to stalking Hannity and spamming everything we have a horrible reputation.

whatever dude...we all know all of those hannity listeners (hard core, warmongering, patriot act loving neo-cons) were ready to stop listening to Hannity and convert en masse into ron paul supporters, until...gasp! some enthusiastic ron paul supporters started chanting "fox news sucks" :rolleyes:

In fact, due to the MSM brownout, we don't have much of a reputation at all. Few people even know who Ron Paul is, so why don't you give it a rest already.

V4Vendetta
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
thats pretty funny

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
whatever dude...we all know all of those hannity listeners (hard core, warmongering, patriot act loving neo-cons) were ready to stop listening to Hannity and convert en masse into ron paul supporters, until...gasp! some enthusiastic ron paul supporters started chanting "fox news sucks" :rolleyes:

In fact, due to the MSM brownout, we don't have much of a reputation at all. Few people even know who Ron Paul is, so why don't you give it a rest already.

You know how many people that scared off? like Fred Thompson supporters who had Ron Paul as a second choice.

They think we're "9/11 was an inside job" mentally unstable Paultards.

I don't care how awful Hannity is. No reporter is going to give a candidate a chance when his supporters make threats against his/her life.

RonPizzle
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM
that's awesome. truly grassroots.

affa
01-25-2008, 01:23 PM

:rolleyes:
If we all sat still with our hands clasped they'd still make us out to be kooks.

Everytime people say this or that cause bad press, we actually get good press.

Remember last week when they "Ron Paul!"'d while Rudy was trying to speak? That got us GREAT interviews and Ron Paul answered amazingly.

Free speech is free speech, and anyone that wants to squelch it on these forums needs to understand that freedom is the message.

McDermit
01-25-2008, 01:28 PM
hah

Azprint
01-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Sad, but then again Colbert is a liberal. Funny- because I bought his book couple hours ago for comedy relief.

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Free speech is free speech, and anyone that wants to squelch it on these forums needs to understand that freedom is the message.

yelling incoherently doesn't help the message

SVS2K
01-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Digg Caught Red-Handed Censoring Ron Paul Stories

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=1695

F#*@ Digg

Wow, f Digg indeed. Makes my blood boil. Just emailed Digg (feedback@digg.com) to let them know what I think about this.

Unspun
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
This isn't a congressional hearing. This is a mock WGA hearing by Colbert and Stewart writers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-xU-4dI1JM

josh24601
01-25-2008, 04:40 PM
There is no justification you can come up with that will make acting like a moron a good thing. Because it just isn't. It only causes harm to the campaign.

The problem is that it makes you feel good, and that is more important to you than the campaign or the message.

A lot of RP supporters are in it for how it makes them feel, rather than for promoting a message or idea. That's why you see so much of this crap.

JMann
01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Why weren't they tazed, Bro?

Shink
01-25-2008, 04:51 PM
You know how many people that scared off? like Fred Thompson supporters who had Ron Paul as a second choice.

They think we're "9/11 was an inside job" mentally unstable Paultards.

I don't care how awful Hannity is. No reporter is going to give a candidate a chance when his supporters make threats against his/her life.

First of all, that crowd never threatened Hannity's life. Secondly, I know 9/11 was an inside job. Does that mean I'm mentally unstable? No. Am I a "Paultard?" Why do you buy into these goddamn labels like the smear artist assholes? Is a "Paultard" someone who worries about what the opposition says when they fight for a cause?

Maltheus
01-25-2008, 05:01 PM

We are going for a GOP nomination here and we did have a chance at it once. But acts like this and showing up at straw polls chanting Paul's name is not how you ingratiate yourself with the party faithful. It wasn't just Hannity listeners that saw this video either. This was the biggest grassroots blunder so far and I believe it cost us a lot. Once we go third party, things can loosen up a bit but for now, we need to be playing the part of good little Republicans.

Agora
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
lousy all together.

literatim
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Sad, but then again Colbert is a liberal. Funny- because I bought his book couple hours ago for comedy relief.

Colbert isn't a liberal.

newnews
01-25-2008, 05:08 PM
don't mind newmedia he is in every post like this talking about some incident harming his churchly group of sheeples to whom there is no conspiracy and the revolution should consist only of blind cheerleading.

I wonder who really does more to hurt this movement than people like this. Trying to make us scared to do anything or to say anything because it might hurt their poor rep.

Like coming on here spouting that 911 wasn't a conspiracy when they haven't even looked at the evidence. They are the ones calling ALL of us kooks more than anyone. And he says this stuff all the time.

Give it a rest already, you hurt the movement more than anyone suggesting everyone take an empty-minded and churchlike approach to taking our nation back.

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM, "professing" to support RP or not

colin1
01-26-2008, 09:24 PM
We are going for a GOP nomination here and we did have a chance at it once. But acts like this and showing up at straw polls chanting Paul's name is not how you ingratiate yourself with the party faithful. It wasn't just Hannity listeners that saw this video either. This was the biggest grassroots blunder so far and I believe it cost us a lot. Once we go third party, things can loosen up a bit but for now, we need to be playing the part of good little Republicans.

I understand that clearly. But blowing this incidents wildly out of proportion to their actual signifigance isn't really helping. Are the other candidates' supporters being good little republicans when the call us "paultards" and "paulbots" and all the rest? The unfortunate thing for them is that they're belatedly realizing were not all just a bunch of antwar democrats. Many of us are or were regular Republican voters. It's going to be funny to watch them come crawling for our support if they succeed in derailing ron. Trust me, they need our support if they think the non-Ron republican has any shot in '08.

Bruce4Ron
01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah... I'm with you guys n all but I'm not going to stop shopping at Best Buy.

:)

danberkeley
01-26-2008, 10:05 PM
This is pretty funny. But there is more to it. This is only a clip of an entire segment of the debate. theres like another 10 minutes to it but u have to watch it all and within context.