PDA

View Full Version : Winning Delegates in IL

TTB
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
57 Delegates Up For Grabs On February 5th

Each of the State's 19 congressional districts is assigned 2 to 4 National Convention delegates.

Most of the Chicago/Cook County districts have fewer delegates to win than the more rural districts.

What is the official campaign's strategy? Are they focusing efforts in delegate rich districts? Or carpet-boming the whole state? Should we be trying to coordinate our canvassing efforts with them to make it more likely for some district wins?

CD 1: 2
CD 2: 2
CD 3: 2
CD 4: 2
CD 5: 2
CD 6: 3
CD 7: 2
CD 8: 3
CD 9: 2
CD 10: 3
CD 11: 4
CD 12: 3
CD 13: 4
CD 14: 4
CD 15: 4
CD 16: 4
CD 17: 3
CD 18: 4
CD 19: 4

Here is a map of the Congressional Districts.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/findyourreps.xpd?state=IL

dkim68
01-26-2008, 07:54 AM
To avoid any Louisiana-type funny business, how can we find the names of all the Ron Paul delegates from each District? As well as the names of independent delegates without ties to any of the other candidates?

all J's in IL for RP
01-29-2008, 01:07 AM
TBB: are you canvasing from out of state?

DKimm68: It's not a caucus. Primary voters vote for the delegates directly.

RPinUptownChi
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
we need to get cards printed for each district with all of the Ron Paul delegates and alternate delegates on them. then we need to get them into people's hands when they're walking into the polling place. something they can have right in front of them. i will try to have something made up by thursday.

DrCap
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM
To avoid any Louisiana-type funny business, how can we find the names of all the Ron Paul delegates from each District? As well as the names of independent delegates without ties to any of the other candidates?

The delegates are on the ballot and Ron Paul's name is in parenthesis. You can get a copy of the ballot, I think from your county website, otherwise contact IL HQ
BE SURE TO TELL EVERYONE YOU TALK TO TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL'S DELEGATES - THAT MATTERS!!

defe07
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
we need to get cards printed for each district with all of the Ron Paul delegates and alternate delegates on them. then we need to get them into people's hands when they're walking into the polling place. something they can have right in front of them. i will try to have something made up by thursday.

I agree. Something like what they do in Australia where supporters of a candidate give a voter a "How to vote" card and mark their preferences in order. Although this would be different because the IL voter would receive the RP delegate list if they want to vote for RP delegates.

RPinUptownChi
01-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Yes, a brief explanation of the delegate convention process would be a good thing to put on the card. I think we should title the cards as the 'Freedom, Peace and Prosperity' Slate. People LOVE slogans....

defe07
01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes, a brief explanation of the delegate convention process would be a good thing to put on the card. I think we should title the cards as the 'Freedom, Peace and Prosperity' Slate. People LOVE slogans....

Now that would be one great name for the RP slate. I just hope we can do the same thing they did to us in Louisiana and screw them! So, we might have 2 slates?

all J's in IL for RP
01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, a brief explanation of the delegate convention process would be a good thing to put on the card.

Perhaps one line "Delegates To Choose To Help Ron Paul Win." Anything more is too detailed to read in the seconds - minutes before entering the booth. Some come in packs and carry on conversations, others talk to their neighbors. Focusing on who is on our slate is sufficient.

I think we should title the cards as the 'Freedom, Peace and Prosperity' Slate. People LOVE slogans....

"Liberty" is Ron Paul approved and fine with me. I like your reordering better than the campaigns.