PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing Defeat

Bruce4Ron
01-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I felt I needed to share this with all of you in a seperate thread.
------------------------------

Well after about 10 hrs of sleep, looking at it in hind sight, I still feel beaten down. But not hopeless. I feel disappointed. We have what would appear to be mission impossible. This is without a doubt one of the biggest fights I have ever seen anyone go through. We are a part of it because we fight with him. While it appears to be mission impossible, its not impossible.

I will never apologize for the way I feel whether it was last night or the way I feel this morning or how I will be tomorrow. The original title of this thread could have been worded differfently and for that, I will apologize. I never had nor will I ever have the intent of bringing down this cause that we share or the efforts we spend fighting it. I promise you that.

Honestly I think Ron Paul probably feels the same way at times. What can we do against the machine? We want so desperatly for him to come out with the gloves off and to make his stand on center stage. To stand out as the champion we all know he is. But this MSM censorship stands directly in the way of that and they have direct control over what their audience sees and hears.

On the subject of defeat:

How can you appreciate or understand what it is like to win if you have not understood or felt what it is like to have been defeated? Any good fighter will admit defeat at one point. They use this to hone their skills and to adjust to the adversity and over come it. Blindly ignoring the truth is what will ultimatly cost you the battle. In the eyes of a typical American who is not part of this Grassroots team, we lost that debate last night. We have to accept that as painful as it is. But each and every time we get smacked we once again rise to the occasion and overcome the circumstances. We did this in Nevada and we're on our way to doing the same thing in Louisiana. We are fighters and we will continue to fight as long as Ron continues to fight. I bet you he feeds on our will when he is down like I was down last night. My true friends picked me up and dusted me off and said "lets go!". We do the same for Ron.

Someone asked what I was going to do, not what I have done. I'm going to continue to fight as I have since the beginning. Accepting defeat in last nights debate is not shame. Its not weakness. Its not a defeatist attitude. Its not negative nor is it going to spread like a plague around this forum. It is reality and its a reality that I am quite in tune with. I think some members here should share that reality with me and use it to sharpen our skills and adjust our strategy. Use it as motivaton to win.

We have Truth on our side. We have Ron Paul.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I am actually quite opposite from you. I agree that the debate last night was not Dr. Paul's best showing but overall this movement is gaining steam and momentum. We had a huge endorsement that the media ignored - that is fine, we are used to having to self promote anyway so let's get on it! I have seen a ton of people opening their eyes and admitting that Ron Paul has struck a nerve that they cannot ignore. We have people converting all the time and just take a look at how many new donors we have had on the website. I say the revolution has just begun!

Caravello
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
OP, have you never been in a fight? Your brain can be a friend and an enemy, and yours is becoming your enemy. The defeat? It's all in your head. Your imagination. It's not out here in the outside world. Most of us are holding steady.

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Glad you got some rest, brother in arms. When at war, it is best to keep your wits about you and be very careful and considerate of the morale of the fellow soldiers in your foxhole. Glad we gave you a chance to blow off some steam, though.

While you were sleeping, Austinchick made lemonade out of part of it. Look up the reference to MissTeen S. Carolina, find her link and have a good chuckle to start the day. Just don't watch it with your mouth full!

rockwell
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
We're Not Here To Be Liked Or To Be Popular We're Here To Do What's Right And What's Neccessary.

Anyone Who Is A Parent Knows That You Can Sacrifice Your Authority To Make Your Children Happy With You, Or You Can Parent Properly And Take The Heat For It.
The Large Majority Of Our Problems In This Country Stem Not From Malice, But Froman Abject Failure To Act Responsibly In Order To Be Popular And Appeal To The Broadest Spectrum Of People Thereby Guaranteeing Their Long Term Suffering And Loss.

Hang In There, It's Just Beginning.

IrishUp
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
The other way around--I think the other candidates just conceded defeat to Hillary. Russert even gave them an opportunity to address the key issues: the economy and the war. More Americans trust the Democrats to run a better economy and 60% are against the war. And what did they say? Stay in Iraq and tax cuts for corporations! No wiggle room on Iraq at all. And tax cuts for corporations--although it might stimulate growth--won't go over well in the general election if that's the entirety of your economic plan.

They all, except Ron Paul, took the losing position in the two biggest issues facing the country.

If the Republicans want to win in November, Ron Paul is the only candidate who has a record that can stand up to Hillary.

fmontez
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I am really up today because I think the movement had a great victory last night. Dr. Paul knocked the last question out of the ball park and his “new era” comment was powerful. Even the liberal elements of the country are beginning to realize that there must be limits to their excess. The Constitution is now a valid topic of debate! I can not recall a single mention of the Constitution in the last election cycle, that is a huge change.

ForrestLayne
01-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Hang in there buddy, Heck - I can't even talk politics with people around here - it's almost like talking sex or personal money. I wonder if I can make a difference in an area where the critters outnumber the people 3 to 1.

Gotta keep tryin / no sense cryin