PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul looked different last night?

flames2dust77
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I recall seeing a thread here full of suggestions for RP and HQ. Some suggested that Dr. Paul not wear anymore brown suits and wear a bit of makeup because the camera made him look older.

Well, I just want to say Dr. Paul looked sharp last night. He looked very nice in his suit and colorful tie. It appears that someone did makeup for him? Or am I just seeing things?

Also....I noticed he seemed to be speaking slower with all of his answers. The only answer he sped through was the one at the end where he only had 30 seconds.

All in all...I was very proud of him. He looked good, slow and concise answers, and spoke into the mic. He also gets major bonus points for stumping McCain with that question:D

Revolution9
01-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I recall seeing a thread here full of suggestions for RP and HQ. Some suggested that Dr. Paul not wear anymore brown suits and wear a bit of makeup because the camera made him look older.

Well, I just want to say Dr. Paul looked sharp last night. He looked very nice in his suit and colorful tie. It appears that someone did makeup for him? Or am I just seeing things?

Also....I noticed he seemed to be speaking slower with all of his answers. The only answer he sped through was the one at the end where he only had 30 seconds.

All in all...I was very proud of him. He looked good, slow and concise answers, and spoke into the mic. He also gets major bonus points for stumping McCain with that question:D

I don't think he gets coached. He is just a consummate analyzer and has thought over and over and over about every question, answer and nuance of staging and how to get it done better. He is now in stride. Each day he gets more relaxed into the road ahead and it shows with his answers to MSM pundits ad his statesman like countenance and answers at the debate. carol is probably picking out his ties and suits is my guess.

best
Randy

JMann
01-25-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree. Paul's answers last night where the most clear I've heard. Very little of jumping from one idea to the next. In the past Paul could be asked a question about the economy, given 30 seconds to reply and he would hit on the Fed, inflation, the gold standard and Iraq with a lot of hand waiving going on without taking a breath. Leaving the viewer to wonder what the hell he just said.

pinkmandy
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I noticed the slowing down, too. He did very well sticking to one message at a time.

randomname
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
that suit sucked actually

Mental Dribble
01-25-2008, 11:11 AM

you suck too actually

WilliamC
01-25-2008, 11:13 AM
He is talking more to an "average" listener and not to someone he expects to be well-studied in economics.

Well, except for McCain, who is non-studied in economics. But he has friends who will tell him what he needs to know about it ;)

flames2dust77
01-25-2008, 11:21 AM
He is talking more to an "average" listener and not to someone he expects to be well-studied in economics.

Well, except for McCain, who is non-studied in economics. But he has friends who will tell him what he needs to know about it ;)

gotta love all the name dropping he did to fill up his 90 seconds when he didn't know what he was talking about. lol.

flames2dust77
01-25-2008, 11:23 AM

ur randomness sucks, actually. be nice to the suit.

DAFTEK
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Ok, my wife made a joke about his right eyebrow! SHE SAID LOOK HIS EYEBROW IS COMING OFF! She so pissed me off, i said no its not they are just long, look at your dads eyebrows at age 74! :mad:

flames2dust77
01-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Ok, my wife made a joke about his right eyebrow! SHE SAID LOOK HIS EYEBROW IS COMING OFF! She so pissed me off, i said no its not they are just long, look at your dads eyebrows at age 74! :mad:

*gasps* lol. That's hil-a-riiiooous! I didn't notice that. Your wife is funny, though. :p

GTMomma
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM

Haha! My husband asked what was up with that eyebrow as well. I think he forgot to groom them or something, but no biggie. Our next president is not going to be chosen for his eyebrows.

Quick
01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I think the key for Paul is to slow down when giving his answers. It's obvious his brain thinks faster than his mouth can keep up with.

Last two debates were great.

wgadget
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM

No, no, no!

McCain is the "best suited" to handle the economy! He said so himself! So I'm sure he understood Ron Paul's question perfectly....LOL.

fmontez
01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
I think he looked good last night, you can really tell when he is tired vs. rested.

He was looking in the wrong direction though. At the end of the debate I noticed the applause seemed to be coming from the direction he was looking, so I am speculating that he was looking at his section of supporters (speaking to the people not the cameras) and not the moderators. Prolly have to work on that for next debate.

kaleidoscope eyes
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes, I definitely think he put more effort into slowing his speech down a bit for the most part. The only thing I wish still is that he sharpen his points down a bit more for deadly accuracy and understanding of the uninformed masses. It makes me CRAZY he's so damned intelligent and ACTUALLY has a plan that can work given a chance, but I fear it's not getting through to John and Jane Doe. ya know?

His answer on the rightness of the Iraq War was quite moving though, really heart felt. Anyone who couldn't see that must be a clod.

justatrey
01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
He is 72, so he is going to look old because he is old!

With that said, I don't think he looks any older than McCain, who is the current frontrunner so no complaints about his appearance.

He looked sharp with that nice tie on too. :)

JMann
01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Haha! My husband asked what was up with that eyebrow as well. I think he forgot to groom them or something, but no biggie. Our next president is not going to be chosen for his eyebrows.

Unfortunately I'm not sure you are correct. People like O! because he is young, fresh, articulate and clean. I'm sure they like his eyebrows too.

justatrey
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately I'm not sure you are correct. People like O! because he is young, fresh, articulate and clean. I'm sure they like his eyebrows too.

Its sad but true. Studies have been done and they conclude that people vote for more for who they like than who they agree with- and thats based on appearance and personality, not the issues.

How else could Bush have gotten elected? People thought he was likeable.

flames2dust77
01-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Its sad but true. Studies have been done and they conclude that people vote for more for who they like than who they agree with- and thats based on appearance and personality, not the issues.

I totally think RP is likeable. I agree w/him on the issues....but he's also very grandfather like which is what alot of ppl my age and younger love about him. I would feel safe with him in the white house. I would like for his sense of humor to come out a bit more. He does have one; dry...but he does. He can be a very charming man when he wants to be:)

John P Slevin
01-25-2008, 01:07 PM

I thought he looked much better in this one too...you might be right about the make-up aspect; or maybe he had better sleep beforehand.

raiha
01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Our next president is not going to be chosen for his eyebrows.

Are you sure about that?

ziggrl
01-25-2008, 02:07 PM
That's how Kennedy won the election over Nixon. There was some pictures of Nixon in the newspaper that showed him with a 2-day stubble on his face. Made him look menacing compared to the the freshly shaven Kennedy.

Ronin
01-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I liked how he slowed down and didn't jump all over the place. He still came off at times as the angry old man. I just wish he would smile more. I know it sounds stupid, but smiling puts people at ease.

His execution of the question was a little shaky...literally. I was praying he asked the Ghoul...

"Since your economic plan is identical to mine, which I submitted to the house, does that mean you endorse my plan?"

It was clear that the Ghoul copied RP's plan. None of them mentioned SOX. It's just too bad RP didn't get asked the question first.

thefred
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Ron Paul might not look like a celebrity...but i guess it should not be the criterion to choose the president...

DeanToPaulIn4Years
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
love Paul, hate the tie. he can afford a better tie than that. although it did lend a sort of "every man" quality, as most men also wear ugly ties.

Tim724
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
His suit was not tailored. The jacket sleeves were way too long.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1730/sleevesar3.th.png (http://img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sleevesar3.png)

painter4Ron Paul
01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
okey dokkey

JMann
01-25-2008, 03:58 PM

Not to mention the fact the Bush is still worlds better than Algore or Kerry.

flames2dust77
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
wow. well, so much for me trying to be positive. *sigh*