PDA

View Full Version : Elitism alive and well in the US

redzone
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
I've been observing the evolution Paul's candidacy and how the media has been covering him. I've also observed a vast difference of opinion on Ron Paul's message between the media and everyday americans. I've seen more Ron Paul signs to date than any other candidate. And what is even more interesting is that these Ron Paul signs pop up from very rural america to big cities. Everday people who hear his message (and we all know how hard it is for him to get that message out) respond really well to it because he tells it like it is and he does not seem like a "plastic" candidate who will sell any message to any listener. It's obvious to me that the elite in this country control the media and are threatened by Ron's humble, yet logical approach to managing the affairs of the nation. The fact that romney dominated the debate in terms of airtime confirmed for me that elitism is alive and is pushing certain positions/candidates. Let's hope we can unite behind Ron's platform and turn out good election results for him, for the nations sake.

Sauron
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
If the media consistently confirmed the truth that Ron Paul's nationwide popularity is unparalleled to any other candidate, nobody would bother watching the race and they would miss out on all the ad revenue and ratings that they're used to getting during presidential elections. They've let it slip a few times that he has a bunch of active supporters, however.