PDA

View Full Version : DONATIONS NEEDED: Everyone donate to the SUPER BOWL TV project

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/superbowl/

Everyone,

Just want everyone to know that we are going to provide the blimp project all our hdtv quality ads. This is a major opportunity. We need to treat their project like a ron paul money bomb.

Currently huckabee's people are hurting for money. We need to grab their votes up in rural, bible belt and strongholds for faith.

Second McCain and Romney are gaining money and energy.

We need to show Ron is as strong and flood the tv airways with our ads that reach different groups that Ron's ads just dont reach.

We at www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com will continue to send parties outside of the target buy areas our ads to air.

We also will be shifting to AD production since we know we badly need ads on the economy, finish endorsement ads, seniors, comedy and numerous other issues if we want to win a majority of the base and time is very short.

We strongly encourage everyone to invest as much money as you can into the blimp superbowl project.

Sincerely

Tyler Sims
www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com

bucfish
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Yes please do

fuzzybekool
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
OK People. Here we have a great opportunity to spread Ron Paul's message far and wide on the day most Americans will be glued to their TV sets for Superbowl Sunday.

Time is running short and we need to act quickly to get our message across to a captive audience.

Donate Donate Donate

All of the intricate details have been taken care of for us. All we need to do is get the money to the TV Stations to get this rolling.

RobS
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
blumpage

fuzzybekool
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
bump

fuzzybekool
01-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Jeez. bump

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Yes please do

This is our chance...everything comes down to this effort and what paul does.

Get everyones ads on the air.

People often vote on what they see and hear just before they vote

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 11:20 AM
OK People. Here we have a great opportunity to spread Ron Paul's message far and wide on the day most Americans will be glued to their TV sets for Superbowl Sunday.

Time is running short and we need to act quickly to get our message across to a captive audience.

Donate Donate Donate

All of the intricate details have been taken care of for us. All we need to do is get the money to the TV Stations to get this rolling.

Can you imagine all these ads hitting all those strategic areas and ron getting 1st's and 2nd in some major delegate states...that would break this whole thing wide open.

RonPaulCult
01-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I think it's brilliant - I love it - take your money out of the stock market people and fund this! (it's money that you will have to part with anyway)

BLS
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm personally not going to donate a penny until they tell us how much it will cost, where the ads will run, and what sort of profit they will make.

I have NO problem with them being compensated for their work.
I just want to know the truth and what ad they will run first.

UtahApocalypse
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
So the blimp team picked the Ads that were not the most wanted by the grassrots. Guess I still will not be donating to them.

malibu
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
What an intelligent idea and a great link -

I only wish that one of these days the official campaign could get behind ideas like this.

MikeSmith
01-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Assuming they choose the right ad, and I think they will, this will be the most effective use possible of $96,000.

I'm personally not going to donate a penny until they tell us how much it will cost, where the ads will run, and what sort of profit they will make.

Just click on the link provided on the first post. It will show you what cities the ad will be broadcast and how much it will cost ($96,000). I'm inferring that there will be no profit for this sort of thing.

So the blimp team picked the Ads that were not the most wanted by the grassrots. Guess I still will not be donating to them.

I believe their is still an ongoing contest for which ad will be used. I think the OP is just saying that www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com submitted their ads. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally think this is ad they should use:

http://www.saveourgeneration.com/seethead.htm

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 11:46 AM

All that information is on their site and its the only way to get into markets where people dont have the money to pay for their own ad time.

Either we donate to them or all the directors great grassroots ads will never see the electorate...

That is not a good idea.

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM

HUH???

Frankdog is not one of the most wanted or our latest ad for conservative areas?

This is not going to be during the superbowl time competing with budweiser, geico or the like.

But there will be a fixed audience all over the US at home that we want to get their particular message they are looking for into their minds.

Since no one really knows anything about Ron we need to blitz them all we can.

Definitely ask the blimp people what the plan is on selection.

I heard blimpette briefly talk on it last night during the question session.

They need to see the money pledge else the project is dead for everyone and those ads will just stay on the internet and get us no votes whatsoever for the seniors and non internet folks that will go to paul if they know he exists.

RonRules
01-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I never watch televised sports. I cannot name a SINGLE football player except Michael Vic.

BUT, I ALWAYS WATCH THE SUPERBOWL ! JUST FOR THE COMMERCIALS !

Many people do it just for that reason, particularly women.

I totally support (and with my money) the SuperBowl ad.

The Blimp team is extraordinary and frankly, I wish they ran Ron Paul's headquarters.

Please, all of us, tell your friends, let's do this.

We need a SuperBowl MONEYBOMB. Pick a date!

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Assuming they choose the right ad, and I think they will, this will be the most effective use possible of $69,000.

Just click on the link provided on the first post. It will show you what cities the ad will be broadcast and how much it will cost ($69,000). I'm inferring that there will be no profit for this sort of thing.

I believe their is still an ongoing contest for which ad will be used. I think the OP is just saying that www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com submitted their ads. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally think this is ad they should use:

http://www.saveourgeneration.com/seethead.htm

I know people dont like for profit since not all the money goes to effort. But bear in mind for all those doing chipins for paul on anything and pacs all that money will be taken and compared and refunded or penalized if the FEC so chooses. It is really messy to deal with a PAC when a donor may over donate to too many paul causes.

This model is the only one we know that has the legal support and business model in place to get this going and do whatever ads everyone needs.

I dont think many people understand this very, very important issue. Given the number of chipins and pacs now this was a concern for our group not to keep going on air time and instead only focus on direct ad agency work that is outside of the danger zone.

My understanding is that they will target ads based on std practices of matched demographics.

But if we over donated then they should be able to buy more slots and rotate ads through so there is no "selection process"

Again we need to donate first and then work through the process otherwise the ads just wonted get to areas where the locals dont have 5-50k to donate.

Yet these areas are prime with voters we need!

I have on my you tube site a lot of the ads people in the past own, have rights to and have a high enough resolution copy that we could use.

All these directors and ad makers have to choose to donate their ads. We had previously contacted some of them to put together a package ad set to be able to ftp for rotation runs. But donations were not high enough so this is why the blimp project is the only thing that makes sense with the money bombs for all the directors to do to his every spots possible in the US.

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
blumpage

thanks for the blumpage

ggibson1
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I donated.

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes please do

yeah everyone is doing great work!

Soccrmastr
01-25-2008, 01:36 PM

I dont think they should be getting paid for this. But I agree with you.

RonRules
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM

The need to keep the locations secret because of the competitive nature of this business. Can you just trust them instead for once?

Mckarnin
01-25-2008, 02:25 PM

Excuse me, please explain the above statement. Which ads were most desired?

Mckarnin
01-25-2008, 02:25 PM
The need to keep the locations secret because of the competitive nature of this business. Can you just trust them instead for once?

We had a conference and have begun posting the markets and time slpots we are reserving.

Mckarnin
01-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I donated.

Thank you.

Dutch_in_Hanoi
01-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Didn't know this thread was around I just started a similar one but yours is a lot older :p anyway: bump then... and donate!

RonRules
01-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Why can't people that are non-citizens (Europeans for example) cannot support this project?

Europeans can buy Ron Paul T-Shirts, banners, signs. They whey can't this support this private for-profit business?

Just curious. We have lots of friends over there and we can use their help.

angrydragon
01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
What ads are going to be used?

thefred
01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
donate to the campaign!

blimp is a good idea, but we need to get into homes...TV ads...buying air-tickets for journalists...and all this kind of shit is needed more now...

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 05:31 PM
donate to the campaign!

blimp is a good idea, but we need to get into homes...TV ads...buying air-tickets for journalists...and all this kind of shit is needed more now...

Agreed whole heartedly

Lord Xar
01-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Mark,

The coupling of the TV ads with the Ron Paul blimp could be a HUGE oppurtunity in alot of respects.

You are right in that questions need to be answered, but why completely hijack a positive thread and start asking a bunch of questions that you could get answers to if you'd pick up the phone and talk to those at the ronpaulblimp project.

I agree that the blimp project is not the greatest in some areas, but the fact that these TV commercials are now on board - this could be a very good opportunity.

Why not take this 'he said, she said, fraud, not fraud' conversations private and THEN post the results. I just find it rather disheartening that we have some possible headway and it gets completely smashed.

-- I am not advocating you put your concerns on the back burner, but why turn over the apple cart before your questions are even answered.

Scand3, can you get Mark a private number (PM of course) so his concerns can be addressed.

thands

phree
01-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I gave 25.

I'm poor.

But proud.

MsDoodahs
01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
I've cleaned this thread up.

This is a FUNDRAISING PROJECT THREAD.

If you wish to discuss other issues, take it to another thread.

Thanks,

MsD

Lord Xar
01-25-2008, 06:11 PM
scand3.. without getting me climbing over a dozens posts etc...

what allocation is for the tv ads?

Lord Xar
01-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh, so now free speech is banned. I understand.

While you're at, why don't you move this thread to the appropriate forum like was done with the fund raising thread for a Ron Paul type candidate.

Are you biased towards the blimp to the detriment of other fund raising goals?

I DID ask in other threads. I was IGNORED in them.

Maybe YOU can explain how LPA LLC hasn't committed Fraud, since they won't?

Mark, I am not sure the issue is as you perceive, at least in my understanding.

The thread was headed in one direction and then it took a turn. NOW, I agree - you should get your questions answered. Free speach is cool but I am not sure the best we of expressing is to go on a few threads and side-track things to get your answers. That is sorta unfair to the OP's.

I would suggest we have a "BLIMP ONLY QUESTION" session. That is it. NO fluff or such, just your questions - their answers.

I think you'd get more clarification AND you'd draw them to your table without these thread distractions that don't serve any purpose to otherwise destroy the momentum of the threat itself, as attested by you - you still have questions unanswered.

arctica2
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
bump!

MsDoodahs
01-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Bump!

:)

MsDoodahs
01-25-2008, 07:19 PM
bump!

NerveShocker
01-25-2008, 07:26 PM
We can reach enormous amounts of people with these super bowl ads.. we have to get this done!

scandinaviany3
01-25-2008, 07:30 PM
scand3.. without getting me climbing over a dozens posts etc...

what allocation is for the tv ads?

lord xar,

We never really got to go into details so far with Katharine.

I think once she comes back hopefully we can get some more details on there intial strategy and plans.

scandinaviany

angrydragon
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
This ad looks good, just needs to mention that Dr. Paul is a republican.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Advertising itself on super bowl is a great idea.

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Bump - most bang for the buck we can do right now

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:27 PM
$10,000 tonight will reach 1/7th of the markets listed below!

Superbowl Buys
Name Time Event RTG A25-54 # of :30sec spots Reservation Submitted Reservation Confirmed
KOKH - Oklahoma City 4:58 - 5:20 Right Before Kick-off 40 1x Yes Yes
KNDX - Bismark 5:30-8:30pm During Super Bowl 61 1x Yes Yes
KNDK - Bismark 8:30-9pm Post Game 48 1x Yes Yes
KBRR - Fargo 5:30-8:30pm During Super Bowl 62 1x Yes Yes
KXRM - Colorado Springs 4:30-7:30pm During Super Bowl 58 1x Yes Yes
KFXF - Fairbanks 2:30-5:30pm During Super Bowl 59 1x Yes Yes
KTBY - Anchorage 10-2pm Pre Game 8 1x Yes Yes
KTBY - Anchorage 5:30-6pm Post Game 44 1x Yes Yes
WZDX - Huntsville, AL 6:30-9:30 During Super Bowl 58 1x Yes Yes
WCOV - Montgomery, AL 4:58-5:20pm Right before Kick-off 39 1x Yes Yes
KXLT - Rochester, MN 5:30-8:30pm During Super Bowl 57 1x Yes Yes
KHMT - Billings 4:30-7:30pm During Super Bowl 62 1x Yes Yes
WTGS - Savannah 6:30-9:30pm During Super Bowl 52 1x Yes Yes
WFXG - Augusta, GA 6:30-9:30pm During Super Bowl 57 1x Yes Yes
WTNZ - Knoxville 6:30-9:30pm During Super Bowl 59 1x Yes Yes
KOKI - Oklahoma City 4:30 - 5:00pm Right Before Kick-off 44 1x Yes Yes
WCCU - Chamapign/Urbana 5:30 - 8:30pm During Super Bowl 56 1x Yes Yes
WRSP - Springfield 5:30 - 8:30pm During Super Bowl 58 1x Yes Yes
Total Cost: $76,000

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:32 PM
This is the most bang for the buck for the costs, which is pretty cheap.

Lord Xar
01-25-2008, 11:33 PM
What ad you using?

Walter Mellons
01-25-2008, 11:36 PM
ooo... yall didn't hear that fox isn't allowing any political adds on during the superbowl...yep

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:36 PM
What ad you using?

I'm not sure which ad they have chosen per say, but its been discussed in the youtube/ad contest idea thread. There is a lot more information up at the ronpaulblimp/superbowl site tonight when I just checked then last night.

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
ooo... yall didn't hear that fox isn't allowing any political adds on during the superbowl...yep

Thats only national ads

LandonCook
01-25-2008, 11:37 PM
bump for mola!

Marc3579
01-25-2008, 11:38 PM
bump I'm sending out a bulletin about this now :)

jaj1701
WooHoo! Rochester, MN....home to the 30 ft pole guy! Guess I should make sure to donate.

wgadget
Haha...Looks like we outFoxed Fox. Love it!

wgadget
01-25-2008, 11:39 PM
BTW, here's what's showing up on the Drudge Report. Some of the comments are a little distressing.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0108/No_Super_Bowl_ads.html

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Haha...Looks like we outFoxed Fox. Love it!

:D Some of the democrats might also run some ads. No matter, we'll get Ron Paul on :)

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:48 PM
BTW, here's what's showing up on the Drudge Report. Some of the comments are a little distressing.

Those are the national expensive ones though; these are the cheap, inexpensive and highly targeted ones. Just putting them on in areas that are Super Tuesday states and where we need them.

Marc3579
01-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Ya, they can't stop the local affiliates I don't think, they have to give the local stations a chance to run their own ads. Or, so I would think.

wgadget
01-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Let's hope.

Marc3579
01-25-2008, 11:53 PM
No need to hope, I'm sure they've done their research on the local affiliates and if they'll play the ads. No need to be cynical about it :p

BeFranklin
01-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Ya, they can't stop the local affiliates I don't think, they have to give the local stations a chance to run their own ads. Or, so I would think.

Well, if you look at the link, its not drudge, its a democrat blog, with a link to tv week, which directly states its the national spots, because they are out of them.

Also, I think I heard team blimp say that they are buying the ads through the fox people that sell ads, and there isn't any problem with buying affiliate ads; in fact some democrat candidates may be doing so as well for the local spots.

dblee
01-25-2008, 11:56 PM
you guys must realize, whatever youtube ad you want to run, it must be formatted in NTSC standard def, 640x480 resolution. Make sure it is a high quality original export. Many of the youtube videos are edited together from other low quality flash encoded youtube videos.

It will look unprofessional to air anything less than full broadcast quality video. Hurry up and decide on an inspiring patriotic video that doesn't stink of political pandering. Then quickly contact the author and see if he has a high res, uncompressed version of it.

Marc3579
Ya, the democrats I'm sure have been buying up ad spots already, I just hope this goes without a hitch. Or, that we don't fall short...

wgadget
No need to hope, I'm sure they've done their research on the local affiliates and if they'll play the ads. No need to be cynical about it :p

I meant, Let's hope. :D:D:D:D

FacelessJoe
01-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Cool, we're getting some down south!

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Cool, we're getting some down south!

Only if we get the word out and raise the money. $80,000 isn't much when a lot of us know about it, but we only have 2-3 days to do this.

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 12:02 AM
We need to get meet-up members to send the message to their groups. I'm not part of meet-up in my area. Just thinking aloud here... :S

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-26-2008, 12:05 AM
$10 donation

Receipt #- 8BH088772S544564M

I donated 1/1000 of all of the money that we need!

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 12:06 AM

Thanks Be!

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 12:08 AM

They're talking about the national ads. Local ads are being sold, both to us (and in some markets) to other candidates.

K

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 12:09 AM
ty for the clarification Katherine :)

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 12:13 AM
$10 donation

Receipt #- 8BH088772S544564M

I donated 1/1000 of all of the money that we need!

Thanks for sponsoring Super Bowl Sunday ads!

jake
01-26-2008, 12:19 AM
"Hey Libertarian Mike- The constitution is not a holy document, and cannot be upheld in its pure form in today's world. It was written in the 1700s! hello!"

I pity his ignorance.

bucfish
01-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Let's get this thing funded. By all costs. Now is the time to free your mind.

CaliforniaAndre
01-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Bump!

ninepointfive
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM

say, this sounds like a great idea! How did you go about choosing which cities and demographic to target?

RonRules
01-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Hillary and Obama both have around 100 million each. We better get serious about raising money for this.

Trigonx
01-26-2008, 01:01 AM
i hope i can donate within a few days, this is a very very excellent idea.

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 01:17 AM
say, this sounds like a great idea! How did you go about choosing which cities and demographic to target?

Pretty much all of those picks are Super Tuesday states that are not winner-takes-all and are not completely dominated by a single hometown candidate. If we get all of our current reservations funded then we can add on heavier coverage in some areas/more expensive slots in some large markets/states with primaries later than Super Tuesday, etc...

Katharine (project manager)

asheville4paul
01-26-2008, 01:22 AM
This project is a great bang for $$$. I really hope there is a way to target maxed out donors asap. They need the money fast, lets get behind this folks.

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Remember also that RON PAUL needs money too??? 5 million MORE by super tuesday as well.... Just a thought and think it is pretty important to keep the OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN funded FIRST before all others.

Yes, $$ for Ron Paul's Official Campaign is very important!!

The Super Bowl Sunday Ron Paul ads are meant to be a boost before Super Tuesday and we really need any money that people want to spend on ads ASAP. Many of the stations want the money in hand by Tuesday the 29th which means that we really need to get the money before Monday the 28th if at all possible. There are some stations that have later deadlines than the 29th and unless another buyer comes along and tries to buy those slots (in which case we send the money or lose the slot) we can pay for them a couple days after 1/29.

LibertyEagle
01-26-2008, 01:38 AM
bump

Marc3579
01-26-2008, 01:40 AM
Liberty I'll see your bump and raise you a blimp! :>

Blimp Media Coordinator
01-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Thanks Ben, some of the affiliates want a copy of their check faxed to them on Monday morning so we have to work fast. If we can hit 80K by Monday we can really do some great stuff.

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 03:44 AM
Liberty I'll see your bump and raise you a blimp! :>

I'll see your blimp and raise you a blimpette!:p

deedles
01-26-2008, 05:14 AM
donated

Ogren
01-26-2008, 05:17 AM
Are there any details on what commercials there running ? I think it would be nice if they released them on youtube so people can critique them first.

jk8583
01-26-2008, 06:14 AM
may have been mentioned before but what about all the money that was left over from the blimp. there was like 100k towards the next goal of 200k. what happens to the 100k?

LibertyEagle
01-26-2008, 06:19 AM
may have been mentioned before but what about all the money that was left over from the blimp. there was like 100k towards the next goal of 200k. what happens to the 100k?

My understanding is that this was spent to fly the blimp this week.

Paul Revered
01-26-2008, 06:25 AM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

szczebrzeszyn
01-26-2008, 07:07 AM
My understanding is that this was spent to fly the blimp this week.

yes, it's already gone.

X_805
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Good idea. I'll see what I can spare.

UtahApocalypse
01-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I thought FOX has banned Political ads during the Super Bowl

LibertyEagle
01-26-2008, 10:24 AM
C'mon folks. We very badly need to do well on Super Tuesday. To run TV ads and stay clear of the long arm of the FEC, the ads need to be placed by Liberty Advertising.

Please help if you can.

RonRules
01-26-2008, 11:18 AM

Not on the local station. Look at the SuperBowl station ad list.

MikeSmith
01-26-2008, 11:29 AM

RonRules just answered you. This isn't a national ad. This is only going out to the local affiliates of important super tuesday cities. $76,000 will be going toward advertising during the superbowl, while $20,000 will be going to advertising before the superbowl where time during the superbowl has been bought up. (It says all of this on the website.)

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Remember also that RON PAUL needs money too??? 5 million MORE by super tuesday as well.... Just a thought and think it is pretty important to keep the OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN funded FIRST before all others.

This is about 1% of that, I don't think it matters. I also don't think Ron Paul wants us to drop all grassroots efforts, and this has a lot of bang for the buck.

scandinaviany3
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I'll see your blimp and raise you a blimpette!:p

McKarnin,

Can you arrange 10-20Gb of server space to download the grassroots files to for the ads to by Sunday with your blimp webmasters help.

If we can do this then we can send much higher res of the ads for people to see.

You tube is horrible for compressing ads.

Also you will need these ads master copies, some at 600 mbs, to be available for download for larger cities to do direct ftp to.

Talking to our guy making so many tapes that quickly will cost some money to make and we would need to be paid up front to do it vs the ftp is free with no cost.

Scandinaviany

qh4dotcom
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
The number of people present at the SuperBowl who will look up at the sky and see the blimp is only a tiny, tiny fraction of the number of people who will watch the SuperBowl on TV. And since Fox/Fox news is biased against Ron Paul, I doubt they will show the blimp during the SuperBowl on TV.

colecrowe
01-26-2008, 12:28 PM

just ban people that say this. half j/k

scandinaviany3
01-26-2008, 12:32 PM
i was thinking of the fact in all these great markets we are going to get some attention.

Then we have no repeat of the ad before the primary or caucus.

Shouldnt we donate for super bowl tuesday, wednesday and thursday

to sink the message in after that?

The ads must be cheaper once the super bowl is over.

Std marketing principles of 6 times to show an ad before it begins to sink in would make sense.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
McKarnin,

Can you arrange 10-20Gb of server space to download the grassroots files to for the ads to by Sunday with your blimp webmasters help.

If we can do this then we can send much higher res of the ads for people to see.

Also you will need these ads master copies, some at 600 mbs, to be available for download for larger cities to do direct ftp to.

Talking to our guy making so many tapes that quickly will cost some money to make and we would need to be paid up front to do it vs the ftp is free with no cost.

Scandinaviany

I forwarded this because I didn't want it to get lost between all the superbowl ads threads

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 01:18 PM
McKarnin,

Scandinaviany

(Talked to him on the phone the afternoon) If anyone needs help with something please PM me, respond in this thread or email me at inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com.

FacelessJoe
01-26-2008, 01:21 PM
h ttp://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Superbowl_Ad_Needs_Your_Help_2

Digg it up guys! The link is broken because of Digg's new system, so just eliminate the space between h and t and you're good to go.

Trigonx
01-26-2008, 01:23 PM
bump

newyearsrevolution08
01-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I find this response laughable as it is the only one that seems to come up.Here is the question though, the people working ON the blimp have raised MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for the main official campaign but are having troubles raising blimp and ad money that is only in the 6 figure range. Even if it was only .0000001% of the cost, they are using some very valuable people who have proven very successful RAISING money for RON PAUL and that is what matters.

Why raise $100k for this when the same people can raise over 10 million for the official campaign????? makes sense......

Get the people who have shown amazing ability raising money for ron paul and get them BACK to RAISING money for RON PAUL. Their efforts can be used MORE for getting donations then keeping blimps afloat and an ad for the superbowl even if it is LESS EXPENSIVE.

This is about 1% of that, I don't think it matters. I also don't think Ron Paul wants us to drop all grassroots efforts, and this has a lot of bang for the buck.

Cyclone
01-26-2008, 01:39 PM
McKarnin - have you checked with the campaign to see what they are doing as far as running ads? We don't want to compete with them. Also, they will be definitely be entitled to the political discount whereas you have stated you are not. It seems wasteful to pay more for ads than we need.

However, if they are not running any, then I think you all should take the ball and run. But please, hire some homeless if you have to, but test these ads on groups. They don't have to be registered voters. Just make sure you are not sending a message you do not intend.

Make sure the ads make him look electable and not scary. Make sure people will want to vote for him when the ad is done. You can pay them 15 bucks to sit and watch a few commercials and they will be happy for the money, and it will be worth it.

Relying on the us is crazy. We are too close to the concepts and understand what words mean where others might miss the point.

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Are there any details on what commercials there running ? I think it would be nice if they released them on youtube so people can critique them first.

We are working with a group of talented ad creators who represent the three ads that have been recommended the most by those on the forums. We are not closed off to additional ads but need to get something set. We'll be posting links to some ads later today or early tomorrow.

K

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 01:46 PM
I find this response laughable as it is the only one that seems to come up.

Grammatically, this doesn't make much sense. You said "shouldn't we use all the money for the national HQ", and I answered that it wasn't that much money. To the below, which seems to be a new take, let me offer a reply -

Here is the question though, the people working ON the blimp have raised MILLIONS OF DOLLARS for the main official campaign but are having troubles raising blimp and ad money that is only in the 6 figure range. Even if it was only .0000001% of the cost, they are using some very valuable people who have proven very successful RAISING money for RON PAUL and that is what matters.

Why raise $100k for this when the same people can raise over 10 million for the official campaign????? makes sense......

Get the people who have shown amazing ability raising money for ron paul and get them BACK to RAISING money for RON PAUL. Their efforts can be used MORE for getting donations then keeping blimps afloat and an ad for the superbowl even if it is LESS EXPENSIVE.

So you are criticizing the people who have "raised millions of dollars", that their resources would be better used to raise money for Ron Paul then to take 2 days to raise 79k for a string of super bowl ads? And at the same time you're suggesting they can't even raise 79k, so maybe they aren't the ones that raised the millions in the first place?

Let me see if I can find a place to answer that twisting mess -

a) the grassroots raised the money - which resources are you talking about?
b) It would take a lot less resources if there were less of this "do not do that" posts. At least, it would take less of my time.
c) Advertising brings in more people, and increases the donor base. Even from that angle, it makes more sense to advertise.

Mckarnin
01-26-2008, 01:49 PM
McKarnin - have you checked with the campaign to see what they are doing as far as running ads? We don't want to compete with them. Also, they will be definitely be entitled to the political discount whereas you have stated you are not. It seems wasteful to pay more for ads than we need.

However, if they are not running any, then I think you all should take the ball and run. But please, hire some homeless if you have to, but test these ads on groups. They don't have to be registered voters. Just make sure you are not sending a message you do not intend.

Make sure the ads make him look electable and not scary. Make sure people will want to vote for him when the ad is done. You can pay them 15 bucks to sit and watch a few commercials and they will be happy for the money, and it will be worth it.

Relying on the us is crazy. We are too close to the concepts and understand what words mean where others might miss the point.

I have noted your concerns re: what the official campaign is doing and they will be addressed.

Already working on informal online focus group input. We know that "we know" Ron Paul too well to be a good test audience for people who may not have ever heard of him. :)

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 02:12 PM
another blimp for today

scandinaviany3
01-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I have noted your concerns re: what the official campaign is doing and they will be addressed.

Already working on informal online focus group input. We know that "we know" Ron Paul too well to be a good test audience for people who may not have ever heard of him. :)

Definitely agree that we the movement can not represent the local voters at all.

All these ads have been fleeced by thousands on you tube to date so we have some idea of the range of response from tech savy people and even people that dont like the movement.

It would be really nice to get non tech savy peoples input and tailor the ad buys to the demographics, tab card results, professional ran focus groups, polling, grass roots feedback on the ground, etc. But as we found in looking into the options for operationbroadcastfreedom. The movement will not pay for std practices and costs that are non-minimally targeted. Many of these issues Cyclone and others brought up in fact i think on questions for this projects that shows this in other ways.

Marketing and Politically you, cyclone and others are 100% right. But the boundaries of the movement, the money, time, etc dont lend to std methods. For a real focus group we need some privacy, and experienced leadership to professionally do this. It is not something where you can pick up a group of homeless, etc. You want someone to do this with the ability to get back real data and that has done this quite often. There are very stringent methods, selection processes, like everything else that has to be learned and tested.

What we ended up doing on our ad creation was sending out 1st tier to a select group of people 1st versions that were part of the movement in different parts of the country. This sounds similar to your idea. Ad to this of course your attorney review on top that we did not have. Our contacts quickly gave feedback and next revisions were done. Next when we had a product we remotely liked we sent this ad to meetup groups in the target regions and asked them to look at it and give feedback. The hope here is to marry their varied demographics from multiple point of views and their beliefs that have been affected by gathering canvassing input.

We had planned before this to release a series of flyers with targetted messages and graphics similar to our ads. Using these ads ahead of time to test the market for door to door and for the meetups to use to get a synced up feedback to the electorate in that area. Unfortunately our person working on this took very ill and we froze this flyer effort for now.

This blending, without the flyers, i believe is the best we can do for new ad production and for targetting ads to where to place them in the US with so little time left.

If we had wealthy private donors(investors, lawyers, etc.) paying for the focus groups to be done by professionals on these matters then lets definitely do this, but lets not take this out of group donations and the first state legitimately you could start on now would be washington state forward.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm really for the Super Bowl Ad for several reasons, plus this this gives me a chance to start an opposing thread :D I'd also like to know about if there is any email going around specifically trying to detract from this fund raising effort :confused: There are only two days left to raise the money.

Here are a few of my reasons FOR a superbowl ad:

1. The cost of the 76,000 is for the ads in the spots that have been reserved. This is really cost effective for ads that are going to reach many potential voters. Since it isn't national, it will reach specifically voters who are going to vote in 2 days time.

2. Running ads right before Super Tuesday makes sense. It re-enforces Ron Paul's campaign. Ads are much better then relying on random media exposure that may or may not occur.

3. It is only 1%-2% of the 5 million the HQ wants to raise. I'm sure it will not interfere with that effort. Also I doubt Ron Paul would want us to stop all grassroots initiatives.

4. Chance to put out a good ad. The ad isn't an ad about the blimp, its a Ron Paul ad (ignore the badly spaced links on the main blimp page which put the two close together, which is unfortunate).

5. If its innovative enough, it might generate some word of mouth or additional media.

xCakex
01-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Blimp!

Starks
01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Topic.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Much better then the AGAINST thread.

NoPants
01-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I guess I'm neutral. I think it would be cool to see an ad during the Super Bowl, just as long as it isn't "He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya."

CaliforniaAndre
01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Blimp bump! http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/superbowl/

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I guess I'm neutral. I think it would be cool to see an ad during the Super Bowl, just as long as it isn't "He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya."

Maybe he could be in it catching a football :)

CaliforniaAndre
01-26-2008, 02:42 PM
The local spots are a great idea. Targeted towards states that have not voted, and are NOT winner take all. The spots are reserved, but need to be paid for by Monday (some a day or two later).
Many are working on the Hi Def ads, but time will dictate what ad will run. These 30 second spots be seen my millions.
Even if you dont believe in the blimp, the Superbowl ads are PERFECT timing for Super Tuesday. So many are still undecided.... Football is as American as it gets.

96,000.00 is what it takes to buy all reserved space. (web site shows 6 as unreserved, but they are confirmed!) We can do this!

The ads will be about RP, not the blimp...

LibertyEagle
01-26-2008, 02:43 PM
bump

Arkris
01-26-2008, 02:45 PM
this ad is informative and looks very professional:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mMTa79Uzc

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 02:45 PM
The local spots are a great idea. Targeted towards states that have not voted, and are NOT winner take all. The spots are reserved, but need to be paid for by Monday (some a day or two later).
Many are working on the Hi Def ads, but time will dictate what ad will run. These 30 second spots be seen my millions.
Even if you dont believe in the blimp, the Superbowl ads are PERFECT timing for Super Tuesday. So many are still undecided.... Football is as American as it gets.

96,000.00 is what it takes to buy all reserved space. (web site shows 6 as unreserved, but they are confirmed!) We can do this!

The ads will be about RP, not the blimp...

Here's pumping an idea on how it should end in the last second, borrowed from cartoon shows like Rocky and Bullwinkle. A great big football flies at the screen, and turns into a blimp, Ron Paul Republican for President 08.

Gives it zooh, might make it talked about (and mentions he's a republican candidate, important.)

ggibson1
01-26-2008, 02:48 PM
I donated to it. People are so weak and get scared and run when the bullets start flying... I suggest people ... we keep sending people out there to hold up our flag...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5445455751379855457&q=ron+paul+star+spangled&total=10&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

xCakex
01-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Blimp! We need to call our meetups.

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 03:15 PM
football bump

BeFranklin
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
blimp

wgadget
01-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Just donated $50.