PDA

View Full Version : TIME UNFAIR? What do you think?

Politicallore
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Great insight
http://beforeelections.com/election-2008/msnbc-republican-debate-in-florida-1242008/

blondieb23
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
It was almost too boring. They let McCain, Romney, and Giuliani talk the whole time practically. It was a little bit interesting when Ron Paul asked McCain his question, but of course, nobody asked Ron their question. It almost seems as if Romney and Giuliani planned ahead of time to ask each other a question...

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Even the last Fox debate in SC had more air time for Ron, even with Thompson there. Of course they had to make it up to Ron for excluding him in the NH debate.

fmontez
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
The time issue was "disappointing" but not unfair. Most people consider it a race between Romney, Huckabee, and McCain... so Rudy and Ron Paul are lucky to get invites. They want to give their viewers the most bang for their buck... these are privately sponsered debates afterall.

I dislike National Public TV and Radio.. but since we already fund them I think National debates would be better off on the Government sponsered mediums, with more traditional debate rules..

Opiner
01-25-2008, 12:03 PM
After watching the debate you get the feeling that it was all prepared to ensure the portrayal of candidates as similar and present Dr. Paul as one of them. The wording of the debate was constructed to make Ron’s message as the normal bogus political empty promises. This was done by dividing Dr. Paul’s main talking points across all the candidates.

McCain: Encourage savings and restrain spending
Guiliani: Reduce spending and cut taxes
Hukabee: Burrowing from Chinese, infrastructure in US suffering, implies Bush administration not sincere
Mitt: Reduce spending, used his time to talk about himself as if he will not get another chance.
McCain: Republicans lost their way by big government and too much spending
Guiliani: Free trade
Mitt: Attacks Washington policies in last three decades and not having high level of ethics.
Hukabee: Abolish IRS
Mitt: Individual freedoms

I think the proof that the whole thing is staged is when you see the reaction of Brian and Giuliani after Ron’s first answer. Giuliani and Brian were nervous and felt like their plan didn’t work that well. Giuliani was not even listening to the question; he knew what to say in advance. I mean they asked McCain about his strength in economics then he had a handy statistic that the Wall Street Journal polls select him, talk about complete criminal scripting and setup of the debate to provide their desired outcome. It seems the only media source they still feel has some credibility left is the Wall Street Journal and that’s why they keep using it.

Dr. Paul’s was in a tough spot and I wouldn’t want to comment on his performance knowing that it would be very hard to do better than him by anyone in these times. I think if he pointed out that the media is a major cause of all the problems it could have played to his advantageous.

Todd
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Absolutely! MSNBC may look professional, but they were successful in weeding Paul out of being relevant last night. Disgusting!!

Politicallore
01-28-2008, 02:40 AM
bumps

TastyWheat
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
This is one of the most blatant efforts to silent Ron Paul. Giuliani, the ass-end of the Republican candidates, got even more time than Huckabee? They're obviously trying to push their favorites down America's throat.