PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Ron Paul focusing on the loss of civil liberties?

IHaveaDream
01-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Our nation is quietly becoming a police state and not a single candidate is driving that message as hard as it needs to be. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's not something that is being exaggerated. Neither the economy nor the war will matter once we find ourselves enslaved by our own government.

greeksta59
01-25-2008, 09:15 AM
we know all that lol, but come to Trust Dr. Paul. Dont you see him write a whole bunch of stuff before he speaks?? he's very smart and knows what he's doin...dont worry lol

K1RBY
01-25-2008, 09:20 AM
because 99% of the people are not feeling the loss yet.
its all potential problems, at this point...
this is why radio hosts can say 'call me with stories about things you actually did 5 yrs ago, but you get arrested for now..' - nobody can say...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-25-2008, 09:24 AM
We all know that a loss of civil liberties is a major concern in this country and I have heard Dr. Paul make mention of these issues on several occasions. The fact is that it would be hard to place a real focus on this because there is so much that is wrong with our current system that there is just not enough time to focus on every single issue and give it a thorough explanation. Dr. Paul knows the score and if we work as hard as we can to get him into office than he will do what is right.

steph3n
01-25-2008, 09:30 AM
It is because whoever you talk to says 'I don't see anything' or 'I don't have anything to hide' I don't have anything to hide either but it goes against all principles!

stefans
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Our nation is quietly becoming a police state and not a single candidate is driving that message as hard as it needs to be. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's not something that is being exaggerated. Neither the economy nor the war will matter once we find ourselves enslaved by our own government.

because it's just theory for most people at this time.
the president whould have the authority(well...) to put them in jail for life without a sentence if he wanted to - but he doesn't do it yet.

liberteebell
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
It is because whoever you talk to says 'I don't see anything' or 'I don't have anything to hide' I don't have anything to hide either but it goes against all principles!

Yeah, that and most people don't have any earthly idea how broad things like the patriot act affect them.

For example, I'm a realtor; every party to a real estate transaction gets a patriot act search. My fellow agents were shocked to discover this (I put a copy of a HUD statement on my office wall with the patriot act search highlighted). What's more, usually the seller even gets the privilege of paying for it!

This is another example of why it's best to talk to people one-on-one and show them real examples if possible.

steph3n
01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah, that and most people don't have any earthly idea how broad things like the patriot act affect them.

For example, I'm a realtor; every party to a real estate transaction gets a patriot act search. My fellow agents were shocked to discover this (I put a copy of a HUD statement on my office wall with the patriot act search highlighted). What's more, usually the seller even gets the privilege of paying for it!

This is another example of why it's best to talk to people one-on-one and show them real examples if possible.
Extra fees are airlines to cover the new scans that are nothing more than the old just take longer.....it is proven you can still get in with firearms repeatedly, and much worse than firearms too.

constituent
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
gotta win those republifascists too.

and they're just fine w/ others losing their civil liberties... in fact they're quite
frightened by the proposition that paul might even return some liberties to others
they deem degenerate, immoral and what have you.

Elwar
01-25-2008, 09:53 AM
repeat after me...REPUBLICAN primary...