PDA

View Full Version : Pitbulls vs Terrier

Eponym_mi
01-25-2008, 08:54 AM
In nearly every one of these debates, I get the sense that RP is a Terrier among Pitbulls. Yeah, we might root for the underdog, but the average joe is putting their bet on the big dogs.

RP needs to step up to the plate and improve his presentation, speech, and debate skills. He needs professionals to help him with preparation for these events and to clarify talking points beforehand. He is not prepared well enough, and he gets knocked for it. He needs to use a more commanding, authoritative voice. He needs to be much more assertative.

It infuriates me that the campaign has not been working on this because it gets brought up every time. :mad:

realist
01-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree.

It seems the strategy is inclusion by attrition which in a sense, is working. I can see the feild reduced to just 3 candidates (Romney, McCain & Paul) in the near future given Huckabee's and Giuliani's finances.... I question how well that will work since we've seen that even with 3 candidates on the stage, one can still get ignored (just look at edwards in the last democratic debate).

Then there's the question of timeing. With super tuesday right around the corner, I fear the attrition tactic will not swing enough voters to our side unless our "dog" shows some will to get into the fight.

Forget the fact that the establisment will fight this candidacy tooth and nail for self preservation , I don't beleive the masses will ever elect a humble, passive statesmen as the leader of the greatest nation on earth... even if he is the best man for the job.

MsDee
01-25-2008, 09:23 AM
A pitbull is a terrier.....just sayin'.....

Eponym_mi
01-25-2008, 09:29 AM
A pitbull is a terrier.....just sayin'.....

OK...a toy poodle then.;)

colin1
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
OK...a toy poodle then.;)

<Mr T Voiceover> Who you callin a toy poodle fool!!! :D

I'm gravely disappointed that RP and the Campaign hasn't crafted a better strategy for the debates, to keep his answers crisp, succinct and sound bite worthy, but at this point i don't think it really matters.