PDA

View Full Version : Just Searched Drudge.....

dshields
01-25-2008, 08:32 AM
http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/dsp/search.htm?searchFor=paul

Follow the link if you want to see for yourself, but the breakdown is this:

10 total mentions of Ron Paul, 1 of which is a poll reference, 3 other various articles about fund raising and the Fox debates and then 6 !!! mentions about the "Racist News Letter" starting on the 8th of January. Uhg!

Can we say biased?

I didn't bother to search the candidates to find out what I already know.

Dave

Redcard
01-25-2008, 08:42 AM
It's DRUDGE.

You really think it's "fair"?

Until Hillary was running for President, the most common thing on Drudge was "Is Hillary a Lesbian Whore?" and "Did Bill Rape Hillary/Chelsea/etc?"

WATYF
01-25-2008, 09:14 AM
It's DRUDGE.

Until Hillary was running for President, the most common thing on Drudge was "Is Hillary a Lesbian Whore?" and "Did Bill Rape Hillary/Chelsea/etc?"

Really? Funny... I check Drudge every day and I've never seen anything like that. In fact, I recall an analysis done a while back that found that Drudge actually posts slightly more links to "negative" articles about conservatives/republicans than he does about liberals/democrats. That probably has to do with a republican (i.e. Bush) being in charge, though.

Drudge is an attention junkie. He wants the scoop. He doesn't care what the scoop is or who it hurts in the end (republicans or democrats), he just wants to be the one to break the story. One of the biggest "scoops" about Ron Paul has been the newsletter stories, so I'd expect Drudge to carry it... oddly enough, I remember the day the newsletter story hit Drudge and people reported it on this forum. They all started to send messages to Drudge about how it was a smear, and within one hour, the link to the article was off of Drudge (and never re-appeared). You can do a search on the forums (and drudge) and see that for yourself.

But regardless... your analysis is wrong. I'm not sure how you searched, but searching Ron Paul (http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/dsp/search.htm?maxrows_old=&startrow=1&maxrows=33&maxrows=12&searchFor=ron%20paul) brings up 33 results. Some are duplicates, including the ones about the newsletters. The newsletter links were all posted around 1pm on Jan 8th with slight variations to their title, which means it's really only one link to the newsletter story during one hour of on one day, with an update to the title of the link made a few times during that hour.

The rest are positive, and (as per usual Drudge flair) usually only provocative headlines... "Ron Paul thumps Rudy -- again...", "TV cuts candidates from debates, angering Ron Paul backers...", "Ron Paul Unleashed On MEET THE PRESS...", "Ron Paul: 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'..."

I only bring this up to highlight the fact that we need to STOP wasting energy pursuing so-called "conspiracies" to keep us down, and focus all time/money/energy on efforts that actually win votes in the real world. Griping about the percentage of times that RP showed up on drudge (especially when you don't look into to it thoroughly enough) is just wasted energy.

WATYF

JMann
01-25-2008, 09:17 AM
It's DRUDGE.

Drudge was ranked by UCLA as the least bias news source available. UCLA is hardly a right wing, neo conservative institution.

TonySutton
01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Do like I do, submit links to positive RP stories. I submit everyone I get to Drudge. Lets face it though, Drudge did not become famous for showing good articles, it came from scooping the gutters.