PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Are We Doing Wrong!?!?!?

shadowhooch
01-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Okay, I listened to NPR this morning and they interviewed several Florida voters.

There was a large group of Cuban-Americans that called themselves "old school Republicans". They were not only conservative domestically; they were conservative in foreing policy believing in non-intervention. When asked who they support. They said their is no candidate supporting their views. So they are voting for John McCain.

Next, a self-described "Libertarian Republican" gave his views on how he could never vote for Guiliani or Mitt Romney. He's voting for McCain.

This is the same crap that happened in New Hampshire when all the anti-war voters voted for McCain.

How are voters not connecting the dots to Ron Paul? It is clear that the majority of Republicans support Ron Paul's stances on both domestic and foreign policy. But somehow, John "100 year war" McCain is stealing away Ron Paul's base!

What are we doing wrong? How are they not voting for Ron Paul?
Is it caused by the media blackout?
Is it the constant labeling of Ron Paul as a "kook"?
Is Ron Paul not getting his message out there?

WHAT.....THE.......HELL? How do we wake these people up?

Andrew76
01-25-2008, 08:38 AM
I listen to NPR a decent amount (when there's something interesting on), and I can't recall them ever mentioning Ron Paul's name. My first, and perhaps more paranoid guess, is that maybe they did get some responses about Ron Paul, but they chose to not air them. Unlikely I realize, but again, I've yet to hear Ron Paul mentioned on NPR - at least in any serious way.

Beyond that, yeah, it boggles the mind how ANYONE could support the most "politician-y" politician, John McCain, let alone those who are upset with the Iraq war/war on terror as well as our interventionist foreign policy. These people's answers should be, "Well, we think it's America's job to police the world, and we think America needs to win in Iraq at all costs, so that's why we're voting McCain." Their answer would at least be more accurate.

Redcard
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Cuban-Americans would not go for a man who is going to end the embargo on Cuba.

BillyDkid
01-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Look, it's the media and our only hope is to go around them. Ron has to put together a half hour infomercial - otherwise people will just never hear or understand the message.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-25-2008, 08:41 AM
NPR is bought and paid for. They act like it's "independent," but for god's sake do you see the way they push Hillary? It's a fucking disgrace

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 08:42 AM
hey we have youtube videos to watch not to mention to all the rumors we have to talk about

SilentBull
01-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Okay, I listened to NPR this morning and they interviewed several Florida voters.

There was a large group of Cuban-Americans that called themselves "old school Republicans". They were not only conservative domestically; they were conservative in foreing policy believing in non-intervention. When asked who they support. They said their is no candidate supporting their views. So they are voting for John McCain.

Next, a self-described "Libertarian Republican" gave his views on how he could never vote for Guiliani or Mitt Romney. He's voting for McCain.

This is the same crap that happened in New Hampshire when all the anti-war voters voted for McCain.

How are voters not connecting the dots to Ron Paul? It is clear that the majority of Republicans support Ron Paul's stances on both domestic and foreign policy. But somehow, John "100 year war" McCain is stealing away Ron Paul's base!

Maybe it's because HQ doesn't release ads telling the public that Ron Paul is Anti-War!!!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
They just had a guy from Florida on CNN who said that McCain and the others did not have logical plans to help our economy and that he would be voting for Ron Paul to which the reporter said "so it is a protest vote?"

This is one of the reasons that it takes so long for people to find their way to our camp. The media blacks him out when possible and when they cannot black him out they smear or marginalize his campaign. Sadly, there is very little we can do about the media and their treatment of Ron Paul or us.

Another reason we are not being taken seriously by some is because even though we have raised just as much (and sometimes more than) as these other "first tier" candidates, our ad's and press conferences,etc look "second tier" at best. We need to spend some money for some highly polished TV ad's and a very professional looking backdrop for our press conferences or campaign speeches. I know that seems trivial but the average American tends to garvitate towards bright,shiny,flashy products and right now we just dont have that.

RonPaulFTFW
01-25-2008, 08:55 AM
we're bitching on forums and not becoming precinct captains.
that's what we're doing wrong.

Scott Wilson
01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
You must understand that many people form their opinions based off media perception. They may hear a few minutes of Ron's message but then are constantly barraged by negative Ron Paul imagery or a lack of Ron Paul imagery.

Repetition is a key concept in marketing and the marketing of Ron Paul is severely hampered by the media's portrayal of him. Don't let it surprise you.

The antidote is YOU. The campaign set up the precinct captain program as an antidote for this.

Ron Paul is going to do quite well in my precinct (i have no idea whether he will win or not) as my precinct has Ron Paul signs strategically placed at all the major intersections. There are signs on multiple front lawns. I have conducted literature drops to probably half of my precinct so far and am still working to complete this.

We are running newspaper ads in my town, we have put a billboard up on the interstate, we also call into talk radio frequently.

The above is your antidote to the mainstream media bias.

Be offensively proactive rather than defensively inactive.

crazyfacedjenkins
01-25-2008, 09:05 AM
These threads make me want to scramble my brains. I hate the media more than anything, it feels like I'm being raped by them

Smiley Gladhands
01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
McCain got ahead of Ron on the "You may not agree with me on everything, but vote for me anyway" talk. Ron really should have is own version of that little sales trick.

If the anti-war republicans think McCain is honorable, and don't know of his 100 years in Iraq comments and his screwing over of the POW's, and his lack of economic knowledge.....I just don't know what to say.

More negative ads. People are not completely disgusted with these completely disgusting candidates. The media protects these horrible candidates from any real exposure. More negative ads. The american people still don't know who they're voting for, and they've had PLENTY of time to learn about McCrazy.

Frankly it's a shame that even 1 anti-war republican would vote for McCain. I keep underestimating how ignorant people can be. Give them a tax rebate and they'll let you chip them and install Patriot Cameras in their houses....as long as they make it home in time for Deal or No Deal. Disgusting. The sheep are bleating all the way to slaughterhouse. F****************king idiots!

Alright. That's out of my system now. Back to the issue....is there a way to use their stupidity to our advantage, as TPTB keep doing?

Cleaner44
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
It is up to us to overcome the media. They have convinced the voters to forget about Ron Paul. People have bought into the idea of not throwing their vote away on a candidate that can't win.

We must win precinct by precinct. If each of us takes care of our own local area we will win. If we rollover, the media will win.

Smiley Gladhands
01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
It is up to us to overcome the media. They have convinced the voters to forget about Ron Paul. People have bought into the idea of not throwing their vote away on a candidate that can't win.

We must win precinct by precinct. If each of us takes care of our own local area we will win. If we rollover, the media will win.

Even at the precinct level, we only spend a minute or so maximum talking to most people, and their perceptions going into that conversation are HEAVILY influenced by banker propaganda.

I think we need to use more unconventional means. We need to focus on the $440,000 per family share of the national debt. We need to focus on the declining value of the dollar since the Fed was created. And we need to focus on Ron Paul's understanding of economics.

It's almost like we need to run a campaign AGAINST the bankers, rather than a campaign FOR Ron Paul. The populace keeps blaming their problems on the other party or the last politician to screw them over.....they don't see that they are consistently being screwed by the bankers.

I don't know how to do that without coming off as a kook, but the public STILL doesn't have that sense of urgency. We need to instill that sense of urgency.

dfalken
01-25-2008, 10:18 AM
What we are doing wrong is we are living in a nation of fools that is about to go bankrupt and suffer a depression worse than the 30s but none of the fools realize it. Check out the movie "Idiocracy" I recommend it if you want to see our future.

bobo37
01-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Make signs that say knowbeforeyouvote.com and put a print out of this site as a flyer in the newspaper the day before the primary and this will have a huge effect. Also billboards but thats too late for Flordia.

steph3n
01-25-2008, 11:50 AM

We the supporters simply make him into a kook by showing up and taunting at rallies, interfering with their townhall meetings, etc

It is a bad move I have warned against it, in fact the official grassroots NH directions from OLFD said not to do it and then many people did it anyway. Too many nihilists among us?

Voluntaryist
01-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Yesterday I was listening to NPR and they were reading off the email responses from listeners of the "All things considered" NPR show.

One email they read ON THE AIR was an email that lambasted NPR for not mentioning Ron Paul once in some segment they did on their show. The radio guy mentioned that they received "many, many emails" like that one.

At least they said "Ron Paul" on the air...

steph3n
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Yesterday I was listening to NPR and they were reading off the email responses from listeners of the "All things considered" NPR show.

One email they read ON THE AIR was an email that lambasted NPR for not mentioning Ron Paul once in some segment they did on their show. The radio guy mentioned that they received "many, many emails" like that one.

At least they said "Ron Paul" on the air...
Those are fine, but if you are going to campaign at another candidates event do it covert! Go undercover and snag some wins!

sirachman
01-25-2008, 12:02 PM
make 10,000 kinkos copys of slimjims and pass them out EVERY day with you local meetup. We need to get OUT THE WORD, people wont give a crap that its a photocopy and not a fancy cardstock color slimjim. Just photocopy the thing and PASS IT OUT on cars, near doors, everywhere you go.

affa
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Don't believe the MSM.

They pick and choose their 'people on the street'.

nike
01-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Cuban-Americans would not go for a man who is going to end the embargo on Cuba.

This is it. The Cuban Americans who live in Florida were the rich ruling classes who supported the American puppet Batista. The Cuban embargo is a result of failed foreign policy in that country, the very thing Ron Paul talks about all the time.

SeanEdwards
01-25-2008, 12:06 PM
The mass media is powerful, and they've been hammering Paul as unelectable for like the past 11 months. This is just more of the same. I think you can rest assured that any "man on the street" clip of someone saying they supported Paul ended up on the editing room floor.

homah
01-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Just keep fighting the good fight. Sign up as a precinct leader. Spread the message.

Just a few months ago, Dr. Paul had 1% national support. Now, it has got to be close to 10%. That is amazing growth in such a small amount of time. He has the GOP running scared. Even if he doesn't win, he has the other candidates stealing his talking points, he has the media so scared of him they are blacking him out and since the majority of his supporters are hardcore it is unlikely that the GOP nominee will be our next president.

To me, that is victory. We are bringing about change. It is a slow process, but we are winning.