PDA

View Full Version : Who did McCain mention, that is actually on the Plunge Protection Team?

Joey Wahoo
01-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Has anyone confirmed this?

thanks

Original_Intent
01-25-2008, 08:09 AM
I think he was rattling off names of people he knew that might be able to answer Ron's question. He sure knew that he didn't know the answer.

Joey Wahoo
01-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Thats clear. But someone posted video of RP saying the answer proved McCain had no clue, since some of the folks he mentioned are actually ON the committee.

Northern Marlin
01-25-2008, 08:33 AM
I thought Dr. Paul's question for Senator McCain was the best part of the debate. Mr. McCain clearly had no answer. It was a shrewd choice by Dr. Paul, because McCain has recently been anointed the the front runner in the campaign and the weak, fumbling response to the question showed McCain does not understand how the current government manipulates markets. I will be using this as a talking point as I attempt to spread Dr. Paul's ideas to voters.

Ethek
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Sec Treasury was on it. I think he may have rattled off some members of the Fed Reserve board, but not the chairman.

Eponym_mi
01-25-2008, 08:40 AM
As established by Executive Order 12631, the Working Group consists of:

The Secretary of the Treasury, or his designee (as Chairman of the Working Group);
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, or his designee;
The Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, or his designee; and
The Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, or her designee.

Other than McCain's mention of the Treasury Secretary, the rest of the people he named have nothing to do with it, except maybe as advisors to the principle members.

Joey Wahoo
01-25-2008, 08:51 AM
As established by Executive Order 12631, the Working Group consists of:

The Secretary of the Treasury, or his designee (as Chairman of the Working Group);
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, or his designee;
The Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, or his designee; and
The Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, or her designee.

Other than McCain's mention of the Treasury Secretary, the rest of the people he named have nothing to do with it, except maybe as advisors to the principle members.

But that does drive home RP's point, since McCain seemed to be emphasizing that he would rely on the Secy of the Treasury instead.

freelance
01-25-2008, 09:00 AM
I think he was rattling off names of people he knew that might be able to answer Ron's question. He sure knew that he didn't know the answer.

Those names were mostly retreads from the S&L era.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Bridge to nowhere!

Is it that time yet? Not yet? Ok. Jack Kemp, Phil Grahm, Pete Peterson, Tax Cuts. Any of those answer the question?