PDA

View Full Version : Who won the Florida debate? (An idea.)

123tim
01-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Could you critique this idea?

This morning I typed in this phrase on Google "Who won the Florida debate".

The first hit was an article about Mitt Romney accompanied by his picture.

I have no idea how Google indexes something this quickly, but it started me thinking....Most people who have minimal interest aren't going to watch a debate like the one last night - they will simply type in a phrase similar to the one that I typed in this morning and use that to form their opinions.

What if a simple web page was made with tags like "Who won the Florida debate" or "Who had the best answers in the debate". The page could be simply named Ron Paul.

I was thinking that if most people (on this forum) would link to this page and visit it at least once Google might index it first. Then anyone that searched for this topic would see Ron Paul at the top of the list. The Web page would be about (of course) Ron Paul and the debate.

In this way (if it would actually work) people would type in a phrase like "who won the Florida debate" and the answer would be "Ron Paul".

Would this idea work?
Do we have enough forum members to get a page indexed at the top of Google?

Edit:
Just tried again and now the picture is of Rudy Giuliani!

Onyx
01-25-2008, 07:38 AM
I believe text message poll was:

41% Romney
40% Paul

But Paul killed in the online poll.

123tim
01-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Thank you Onyx.
I really wasn't asking this, but I can see how you might not want to read a long boring post when the title was simply "Who won the Florida Debate?"

I rethunk my title and changed it. :)

Thanks for your answer regardless....Best answer that I could have. :)