PDA

View Full Version : He should have walked off the stage!

realist
01-25-2008, 07:23 AM
I was getting more and more pissed as the "debate" went on in complete ignorance of Dr. Paul and Huckabee. I found myself wondering what would happen if Dr Paul interupted the moderator and said-

** Excuse me **

I was invited here under the pretense that this was a debate. I'm quite sure you know how lopsided the allocation of time has been to this point- I'm sure it's clear to everyone. Since your the sponsors and in control, your audience should know that this is intentional to further your agenda, not the peoples. Thats decietful and it's wrong.

To anyone with eyes this looks more like a commercial for your 3 "boys". This isn't a debate, its a sham. And any serious presidential candidate should condemn such flagrant disrespect.

When you decide to act like the impartial representatives of the media that you claim to be, and let people hear from all the candidates , not just the ones your allied with, you let me know. Otherwise, don't waste my time or act like this is in any way a fair venue for the peoples benefit.

You only want your 3 "boys" to be heard?. At least be man enough to tell the your audience that HEY " We at MSNBC believe you should only chose from the 3 candidates we like. We're smarter than you so let us think for you becuase only stupid voters would disagree with us".

I won't be put on stage as a prop for this travesty of a debate- you should be ashamed of yourselves for being so clearly biased .

And then walk of f, right in front of the cameras, and up the center isle through the audience. I bet that would have gotten more positive coverage than the debate has.

Prez22
01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Bravo Bravo Bravo........... I was thinking very much the same thing and it is a dang good thing I wasn't in the audience.

chiplitfam
01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
I agree. You are suppose to stand for something.

Eponym_mi
01-25-2008, 07:29 AM
I think he should have come out from behind the podium, walked over in front of the moderators, and said "Can you hear me now?"

V4Vendetta
01-25-2008, 07:41 AM
look, over there...... It's a BLIMP!

ronpaulfollower999
01-25-2008, 07:43 AM
"Fringe Candidate Walks Off Stage Because of Unfair Debate"

DrCap
01-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I was angry about the lack of fairness, but he couldn't have walked off stage- it wouldn't have helped him with 'appearances' and it wouldn't help him get his message out. This was still much better than faux forum, where they basically said he wasn't allowed, and made it look like he was out of the race. At least people know he is still in the race, even if they only see him a little bit.

wildflower
01-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm more and more thinking we should have an anti-MSM moneybomb. They have been one of our biggest enemies... so people would be motivated to give, out of anger and protest.

The only problem is, if the theme is 'anti-MSM' they probably wouldn't report it. :p :rolleyes: :(

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 08:00 AM
ron's slick.

hes a seasoned vet, and you have to trust his strategy.

hes running a 50 state campaign under a media blackout, and they do more harm than good trying to silence him, because we use it on youtube or organize money bombs over it.

theres a reason the libertarian party platform for the past 20 freakin years is just now gaining traction, and just with this guy, whose managed to remain in the republican party his whole career while opposing prohibition of drugs.

hes an expert politician, hes a radical where it matters to the electorate, and a calm gentleman the rest of the time.

the reason he is the guy who its ok to oppose prohibition of drugs, for example, is because he is definately not a user of them, and you can tell. he is definately a very christian, almost evangelical type person in his personal life and that dichotomy is very powerful and important here. he is using the methods of a ghandi, jesus, etc, which is more of setting an unreasonably great example for everyone.

if you notice, the only times he raises his voice or gets angry are towards populist, common sense issues, that would appeal to a buchanan style conservative.

or about the war on drugs on CNN to debunk racism, hes careful about how to do it.

whining about how much time you get on a private companies debate show a. shows your worried you will lose b. defies the market beliefs he has.

its their right to not let him talk, its their show, and he believes in that.

he also knows your frustration, which he is not using personally, will come out the next day when you go to work.

and you have tons of evidence on youtube to show the people a cubicle over.

jillian
01-25-2008, 08:04 AM
he is too much of a gentleman to behave in that manner.

although, i really enjoyed reading what OP wrote.

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I was angry about the lack of fairness, but he couldn't have walked off stage- it wouldn't have helped him with 'appearances' and it wouldn't help him get his message out. This was still much better than faux forum, where they basically said he wasn't allowed, and made it look like he was out of the race. At least people know he is still in the race, even if they only see him a little bit.

exactly.

old media would have said

"tough MSNBC debate frustrates Paul, fringe candidate leaves the race"

its not an I Paid for this Microphone moment.

JMO
01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
It was the same ole same ole of getting no questions.

One thing that hurt Ron Paul was the span where the candidates could ask each other a question. Everyone knew that no one was going to ask Ron Paul a question.

I thought it was absurd when they asked Mitt Romney three straight questions.

FreeTraveler
01-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm more and more thinking we should have an anti-MSM moneybomb. They have been one of our biggest enemies... so people would be motivated to give, out of anger and protest.

The only problem is, if the theme is 'anti-MSM' they probably wouldn't report it. :p :rolleyes: :(

It would only work if you left the money part out, and it's still to early for that. :eek:

realist
01-25-2008, 08:15 AM

I can see your point, but I'm not sure I would agree. I can only speak for me, but if he had shown a little fire in the belly and a "in it to win it" gumption, I would donate more. I suspect many would too.

Look, he's not getting any substantial media coverage now. I'm sure something like that would be covered. Probably negatively as was posted above, but it would have been covered and interviews would result where you could point out the facts. I believe more good would come of that than the complete indifference and black-out that we're getting now as we appraoch the heart of primary season. The squeeky wheel gets attention- the 3 good wheels get ignored. I'm a little tired of being the 3rd wheel. I'm to the point where I think we have to make our own news and this would have been a good opportunity.

Scott Wilson
01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
He needs to state that he is doing remarkably well considering the media bias and under reporting of his platform and results. ie. beating Guliani, second in Nevada etc.

Prez22
01-25-2008, 08:26 AM
It would only work if you left the money part out, and it's still to early for that. :eek:

:eek:

XNavyNuke
01-25-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm glad that he didn't walk off the stage. At the end of the debate I was silently rooting for him to be the last candidate called on. I thought that his final remarks were spot-on and will leave a positive final impression on those watching the debate. When he was through, I turned to my wife and said that I thought he had nailed it.

XNN

JMann
01-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Or Paul could learn to insert himself into the discussion. One of my friends (O! supporter) but likes Paul says he has trouble respecting him because he just sits back and takes abuse. Every other candidate just starts talking regardless whether or not they are called on. I know Paul is a gentleman but presidential politics isn't a gentleman's game.

realist
01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Or Paul could learn to insert himself into the discussion. One of my friends (O! supporter) but likes Paul says he has trouble respecting him because he just sits back and takes abuse. Every other candidate just starts talking regardless whether or not they are called on. I know Paul is a gentleman but presidential politics isn't a gentleman's game.

A get the same sense from many of the people I speak to. Great ideas, makes a lot of sense- too meek for the job.

Like it or not, a lot people get that impression.

azam
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
This is not a debat but a sham! They ask all these other "candidates" on issues that Ron has expertise on and then throws him a cheap bone "are you going to run as a third party candidate." As if it was not enough for them not to ask Dr. P and legitimate questions, they wanted to finish him off by giving him a choice either you are with the Republican party or not! The military industrial complex/GE making billions out of the and therefore they had get three war mongers in.

Crickett
01-25-2008, 09:48 AM
A get the same sense from many of the people I speak to. Great ideas, makes a lot of sense- too meek for the job.

Well..show them the tape where he says "NO. I take my marching orders from the Constitution" . The thing is, Paul is NOT quick to act out of fear or anger. He stays calm and level headed. This is EXACTLY what this country needs. This is what made our country great. Ronald Reagan did it to Russia. He actually walked out of a meeting, rather than yell at them. (They later apologized and begged him to talk with them). Ron Paul is so strong he has resisted ALL lobbyist attempts, and anyone else who has tried to buy or compromise his values. THIS is a strong President.

realist
01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Well..show them the tape where he says "NO. I take my marching orders from the Constitution" . The thing is, Paul is NOT quick to act out of fear or anger. He stays calm and level headed. This is EXACTLY what this country needs. This is what made our country great. Ronald Reagan did it to Russia. He actually walked out of a meeting, rather than yell at them. (They later apologized and begged him to talk with them). Ron Paul is so strong he has resisted ALL lobbyist attempts, and anyone else who has tried to buy or compromise his values. THIS is a strong President.

You don't have to convince me...I've been convinced for a while. I'm just stating what I'm hearing from fairly engaged voters here in the commonwealth. It's difficult to show a youtube clip during a conversation, and it's just as hard to get these nay sayers to go home and watch it, even when I email them direct links.

So what we're left with is; being engaged in a conversation with a group that has all seen a certain debate, and the majority come away with the impressions that I posted. It's hard to combat that when they all saw and came away with the same impression. I think many voters feel this way and this is at least in part why our numbers aren't better.

webber53
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
I was getting more and more pissed as the "debate" went on in complete ignorance of Dr. Paul and Huckabee. I found myself wondering what would happen if Dr Paul interupted the moderator and said-

** Excuse me **

I was invited here under the pretense that this was a debate. I'm quite sure you know how lopsided the allocation of time has been to this point- I'm sure it's clear to everyone. Since your the sponsors and in control, your audience should know that this is intentional to further your agenda, not the peoples. Thats decietful and it's wrong.

To anyone with eyes this looks more like a commercial for your 3 "boys". This isn't a debate, its a sham. And any serious presidential candidate should condemn such flagrant disrespect.

When you decide to act like the impartial representatives of the media that you claim to be, and let people hear from all the candidates , not just the ones your allied with, you let me know. Otherwise, don't waste my time or act like this is in any way a fair venue for the peoples benefit.

You only want your 3 "boys" to be heard?. At least be man enough to tell the your audience that HEY " We at MSNBC believe you should only chose from the 3 candidates we like. We're smarter than you so let us think for you becuase only stupid voters would disagree with us".

I won't be put on stage as a prop for this travesty of a debate- you should be ashamed of yourselves for being so clearly biased .

And then walk of f, right in front of the cameras, and up the center isle through the audience. I bet that would have gotten more positive coverage than the debate has.

I agree 1000%
The debate last night was a travesty against democracy
here in the United States. Total facist network propaganda.

FTL
01-25-2008, 10:21 AM
It's ironic how some people think of Ron Paul as kooky, yet he is the most controlled, level headed guy on the stage.

Ron has patience. He reminds me of a damned good chess player.

The question he threw at Mccain was a chess players move. Mccain got set up for checkmate right there, and he didn't even see it coming.

realist
01-25-2008, 10:29 AM
It's ironic how some people think of Ron Paul as kooky, yet he is the most controlled, level headed guy on the stage.

Ron has patience. He reminds me of a damned good chess player.

The question he threw at Mccain was a chess players move. Mccain got set up for checkmate right there, and he didn't even see it coming.

I agree but what we need to ask ourselves is- Did any voters pick up on that and come to our side? Sadly, I belieive that question, and McCains inane attempt at an answer was over the heads of most voters, and won't appreciably change any average voters mind. In that sense, it was a missed opportunity.

JMann
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
This is not a debat but a sham! They ask all these other "candidates" on issues that Ron has expertise on and then throws him a cheap bone "are you going to run as a third party candidate." As if it was not enough for them not to ask Dr. P and legitimate questions, they wanted to finish him off by giving him a choice either you are with the Republican party or not! The military industrial complex/GE making billions out of the and therefore they had get three war mongers in.

Paul lack of ability to attack hurts him on that question. Paul should say Rudy endorsed Mario Cummo in NY for Governor and McCain is running around the country with Joseph Lieberman, Huckleberry hasn't met a tax hike he didn't support and Romeny supports government mandated healthcare. Paul could state he is far more of a Republican than any of these dogs.

qh4dotcom
01-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I guess the amount of time you get on a debate is proportional to how well you're doing on polls.

You can bet that if Dr. Paul was first on polls he'd be getting more time than any other candidate.

Wish it were equal time, but can understand that people want to hear what the potential winners are saying.

Revolution9
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM

Yeah..WTF.. We need a baragrugous, low intellect, swaggeringly pugilistic simpleton in The Blight House if we expect to keep our reputation in the world community.

HTH
Randy

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, we'd've enjoyed it, but it wouldn't have played in Peoria. We have to get the traditional Republican primary voters, and we're doing it. It is frustrating that they are so stubborn that it takes a while to win them, but with the other actual conservatives gone, it's happening.

Hey, he got the last word, and we got footage of McCain that will make him a laughingstock with the YouTube generation if it can get the attention it deserves. I'm glad the doctor's made of sterner stuff than that, myself!

He held his feet in the fire--and a lot will respect him for it. The Doctor is in the House!

realist
01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
I guess the amount of time you get on a debate is proportional to how well you're doing on polls.

You can bet that if Dr. Paul was first on polls he'd be getting more time than any other candidate.

Wish it were equal time, but can understand that people want to hear what the potential winners are saying.

I think thats false. 3 of the 5 candidates received time disproportional to their standings. Rudy got way more time than his numbers support, Huckabee and Paul got way less time than their standings support. Thats 3 out of 5!

There was no correlation to standings.

webber53
01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
I think thats false. 3 of the 3 candidates received time disproportional to their standings. Rudy got way more time than his numbers support, Huckabee and Paul got way less time than their standings support. Thats 3 out of 5!

There was no correlation to standings.

Correct QFT