PDA

View Full Version : Who has more business experience, Romney or Paul?

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 04:15 AM
How many years did RP run his own medical practice (business) compared to Romney?

Romney is getting a boost from perception of management ability and the rise of the economy issue.

We need to emphasize both:

1.RP's business experience (small business owner?)
2.RP's economics/finance experience on Congressional committees.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

mexicanpizza
01-25-2008, 04:18 AM
That's a fight that I think we don't want to fight.

I would rather look at experience defending the constitution. :D

Benaiah
01-25-2008, 04:20 AM
Romney is an uber successful business man.

ddoggphx
01-25-2008, 04:20 AM
Yeah, Mitt wins that mantle.

That doesn't make him an economic, law or constitutional expert though.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Romney is a venture capitalist guy. Think Gordon Gecko (Wall Street) Michael Milken, and Danny Devito in Other People Money.

He is not a real business man and did not create anything. He just carved up companies, laid people off, and made millions doing it.

The government already has too many people just like that.

dkim68
01-25-2008, 04:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GA8MQGvr_U

http://iskwew.com/Bloggbilder/Gekko/fictional_gekko.jpg

Xenophage
01-25-2008, 04:26 AM
The real question is: Who cares?

I don't care how profitable Mitt Romney's businesses were. Managerial experience is not something I want or look for in a president. I look for sound political philosophy, rationality, and honesty.

Paul has stood out because he's not just another "personality candidate." He's running on principles.

Leave the bureaucratic bullshit to other people, and hopefully we can eventually eliminate the need for them altogether.

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 04:29 AM
Romney has made far more money, but he was born on third base. Dr. Paul worked his way through medical school and is a small businessman with his private practice.

Who better represents the majority of business owners?

CrownThyGood
01-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Mitt was born into his wealth and the accomplishments he's made are easy enough with a few obvious tweaks here and there like you and i could given the chance and position to do so. If he were to win the presidency it would go straight to his head and his fall would be the consequence of the unlearned.

Paul is an economics fan and does it for the love of it.. which gives him the advantage because he knows the ins and outs and has the wisdom to avoid pitfalls. Plus he gives a crap about people.

cputter
01-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Guys come on, we should all know it's not about business experience. A good businessman can make lots of money even in a failing economy. They do so by using this broken system to their advantage.

The question is: Who knows more about macro economics? ie. how to fix this broken system.

Mitts got no experience in monetary policy as far as I know. Dr. Paul's been trying to fix it for several decades now.

It's a no brainer.

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 05:58 AM
1. Who cares? Voters do. You should if you want to elect RP. Some voters ignore issues and principle and vote for the person who will keep the machine oiled. That is the reality of primary delegates and the electoral college.

2. We will not elect RP by saying that Romney earned more money (Romney supporters already have the media repeating that and they do not need us to help Romney further) but we might elect RP if we can say that RP was running a successful business before Romney graduated school (if that is true, but you get the idea).

3. Please stop saying that RP is an "amateur" economist or "fan" of economics. Please say that RP has years of experience managing the largest economy in the world by his key FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT position on Congress' FINANCIAL SERVICES committee (senior/ranking member on a subcommittee) and JOINT ECONOMIC COMMITTEE (and he is one of the few who is ABLE to "run the show" by asking the right questions while many others are clueless warm bodies who do not say much during oversight testimony).

It is no wonder that voters ignore RP if RP's own supporters ignore RP's high official positions and financial experience.

RP beats Romney on the business/finance experience front and we should make the voters aware of it.

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 06:02 AM
The real question, who truly supports the interests of the American People and will defend individulal liberty and the Constitution?

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
The funny thing in this clip is that McCain does not seem to know that the Treasury Secretary (or designee) chairs the Working Group: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKaU2fZkAc

orion846
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
you have to give a man credit where credit is due. romney owns business and business management. don't try to talk to people about RP being better them him in that fashion, or you'll rightfully get laughed at and lose their attention.

stick to the flip flopping VS consistent record

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
you have to give a man credit where credit is due. romney owns business and business management. don't try to talk to people about RP being better them him in that fashion, or you'll rightfully get laughed at and lose their attention.

stick to the flip flopping VS consistent record

Romney's idea of business management is to ask the government for a bailout (that was his pitch in Michigan), so I say RP is the better businessman.

orion846
01-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Romney's idea of business management is to ask the government for a bailout (that was his pitch in Michigan), so I say RP is the better businessman.

ok, say that to yourself. if you want to actually help RP though, you'll get over yourself, and play the political game, and put RP before your ego.

Wyurm
01-25-2008, 08:15 AM
How many years did RP run his own medical practice (business) compared to Romney?

Romney is getting a boost from perception of management ability and the rise of the economy issue.

It's not his business experience that has given Mitt a boost, it's his money.

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 08:16 AM
ok, say that to yourself. if you want to actually help RP though, you'll get over yourself, and play the political game, and put RP before your ego.

I am sorry if I could have phrased it better but please do not try to change the topic with ad hominem attacks on fellow forum members.

We are trying to elect RP and it helps not to repeat Romney's talking points.

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
It's not his business experience that has given Mitt a boost, it's his money.

Romney's money certainly helps but, in addition, I read that people perceive Romney as a master manager, which is an important factor in choosing a president.

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
a good venture capitalist would crash the US economy and short it in his portfolio

NOTE: that is not a joke.

that would actually be smart. if you were from that line of thinking, and became president, it would make sense to do that. if you sought the office of president you obviously wanted power, and if you transferred the wealth of the nation to your stock portfolio, you could become more powerful than future presidents.

albeit I am not hoping that we elect someone to do that, as it benefits me not at all. I'm down for the liberty ethics.

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
For fun, who is the better businessperson, silver-spooned Mitt "corporate welfare" Romney or Carol Paul?

I ran a dancing school in the basement of our home and taught ballet and tap dancing and baton twirling. Just to tell you what kind of budget we were on, the dancing school paid for the newspaper and for extra expenses we had when a month had five weeks!--Carol Paul http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/331/the-american-dream/

hawks4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 04:26 AM
NPR update (an alarm bell to us):

Romney again is talking about his experience working in the "real economy."

A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER said that she identified with corporate, ivy-league Romney (?!) and she felt a personal connection and shared experience with him in daily dealings with business management and business regulation/taxes, etc.

That SMALL businesswoman has much more in common with Ron Paul but she does not know it.

Ron Paul's SMALL business experience (while rejecting federal money) is closer to the woman than Romney's experience is but she does not know it.

SMALL business is a major employer in the country.

We need to connect IDENTITY and EMPATHY as well as policy-wonk issues.

People who think that the economy issue automatically benefits RP are mistaken.

The media will hand the economy issue to Romney on a silver platter--if we let them.

We and RP need to fight for the economy issue.

Please do not overlook this like we did on the seniors vote.

There is no need to trash Romney's business experience but fight to win and RP might end ahead even if people see the two as comparable on business because RP can break the tie with his other strengths such as the Constitution.

Thank you.

Gustogus
01-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Micro vs Macro.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/110.asp

Balancing your books and finding good investment oppurtunities is a completely different animal then understanding market forces.

Mitt may make a better "Bureacracy Manager" due to his business background, but that doesn't mean he knows how to fix the economy.

hawks4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Micro vs Macro.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/110.asp

Balancing your books and finding good investment oppurtunities is a completely different animal then understanding market forces.

Mitt may make a better "Bureacracy Manager" due to his business background, but that doesn't mean he knows how to fix the economy.

Exactly. Actually, Romney is in the middle of the food chain and RP beats him from both above (macro finance, monetary policy) and below (the real economy, small business).

hawks4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 06:14 AM
NPR replayed the small businesswoman. She said she TRUSTS a businessman more than a "politician."

Again, it is about feeling/identification and, again, RP has the small business "street cred" if we can make it known.

pcosmar
01-28-2008, 06:50 AM
Romneys management skill was good for Romney but screwed over Investors, creditors, and put 100s of Americans out of work.
Truth.

Also see. http://www.massresistance.org/romney/

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 07:05 AM
How can someone uber wealthy identify with Real American People? I don't know about you but most of the people I know are just plain middle class, struggling to pay bills and maybe take their family out to dinner or a movie once in a while. Ron Paul has a clue about how the middle class and poor live and he has REAL solutions to correct economic problems. All mittens has is corporate bailouts.

Geez, if only (I know...) people would just read up a bit, there's no way they'd fall for that crap.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who has REAL solutions.

Revolution9
01-28-2008, 07:32 AM

That is an ego yakking it up right there for sure.. Smacked yerself right in the puss with that one.

HTH
Randy

hawks4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
How can someone uber wealthy identify with Real American People? I don't know about you but most of the people I know are just plain middle class, struggling to pay bills and maybe take their family out to dinner or a movie once in a while. Ron Paul has a clue about how the middle class and poor live and he has REAL solutions to correct economic problems. All mittens has is corporate bailouts.

Geez, if only (I know...) people would just read up a bit, there's no way they'd fall for that crap.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who has REAL solutions.

Yes, Romney is the wealthy elite.

Ron Paul is "Mr. Main Street."

Fly-by-night Romney is peddling whatever he thinks will win this year.

Ron Paul owns the long-term, consistent solutions: "Real solutions for the real economy."

Bruce4Ron
01-28-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't care if Romney was a successful business man.

The question is who understands the economic process in this country.

If Mitt Romney cannot see that we are wasting BILLIONS overseas yet doesn't want to cut ANY of that spending, then he is not the smarter business man. He wants to continue down the same ol road. Overseas spending is what is killing us financially. Any person who doesn't support that change doesn't understand basic economics or is willing to take a political position over the financial stability of this country.

werdd
01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Romney wouldnt be shit if it werent for his daddy making all the money with AMC 50 years ago.

virgil47
01-28-2008, 09:38 AM
You folks sure do like to burn bridges. I sure hope this Romney bashing does not come back to bite the revolution on the ass. Remember RP as VP will get more of his ideas into the mainstream than RP as an also ran. Some of you live in a make believe world. Wake up!!! Life is not always fair and most of us do not get what we want. Unless we wish to live embittered empty lives we learn to adapt to the realities of the real world. As far as RP being the better of the two at macro economics that sure isn't apparent is it? If we start pushing the fact that RP is a bigwig on all kinds of finance committees the common man is going to ask ... well why the hell is the U.S. economy so screwed up if he is so good? DO NOT put RP in a hole he can not dig himself out of. Whether we like it or not success in an economic sense has to do with making money. Unfortunately for us Romney started out wealthy and was smart enough to make himself a great deal wealthier. Ron Paul did not start out wealthy and still is not wealthy. Please do not use negatives to boost RP's campaign. Remember this is not about getting RP elected but about getting his ideas into the mainstream. If you disagree with me on this last statement just look at his own words. Of course getting RP into the White House be the best way to get his ideas into the mainstream but that is looking less and less likely as time goes by.

hawks4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 09:42 AM
After Nevada, this forum has many new Romney supporters who want RP to stop running for president.

virgil47
01-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Speak for yourself TROLL.

Bruce4Ron
01-28-2008, 09:45 AM
You folks sure do like to burn bridges. I sure hope this Romney bashing does not come back to bite the revolution on the ass. Remember RP as VP will get more of his ideas into the mainstream than RP as an also ran. Some of you live in a make believe world. Wake up!!! Life is not always fair and most of us do not get what we want. Unless we wish to live embittered empty lives we learn to adapt to the realities of the real world. As far as RP being the better of the two at macro economics that sure isn't apparent is it? If we start pushing the fact that RP is a bigwig on all kinds of finance committees the common man is going to ask ... well why the hell is the U.S. economy so screwed up if he is so good? DO NOT put RP in a hole he can not dig himself out of. Whether we like it or not success in an economic sense has to do with making money. Unfortunately for us Romney started out wealthy and was smart enough to make himself a great deal wealthier. Ron Paul did not start out wealthy and still is not wealthy. Please do not use negatives to boost RP's campaign. Remember this is not about getting RP elected but about getting his ideas into the mainstream. If you disagree with me on this last statement just look at his own words. Of course getting RP into the White House be the best way to get his ideas into the mainstream but that is looking less and less likely as time goes by.

Well guess what... Romney isn't going to start out welthy this time around. He isn't going to inherit "success" this time around.

He's going to inherit a country going bankrupt and in a recession. He's going to inherit a currency in the toilet and means nothing to the rest of the world. He's going to inherit a policy that caused this financial crisis.

Therefore his approach to his past business success cannot be the same this time around. The policy he is going on isn't going to FIX this country! It is more of the same and it will only weaken the dollar even more and continue the welfare state that we have turned into. That my friend is the truth.

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 09:49 AM

Burn bridges?? Nope. We've compromised for years and look where that's gotten us. This country is going down. And fast. Romney is more of the same old crap we've been putting up with for years. No thanks.

I decided several years ago I was fed up with the lies and lack of principle and that I would vote for principle, regardless. That leaves only 1 in this race and it's Ron Paul. Apparently, many of my fellow Americans have had enough as well.

And besides, how do you know if Ron Paul is wealthy or not? Even if he's not wealthy in terms of $$$$$$, his wealth of knowledge, wealth of intelligence, wealth of honesty and wealth of principles trumps everything and everyone else.

virgil47
01-28-2008, 09:51 AM
It is the truth as you see it. How many states has RP won? MMM, lets see ... oh yeah that would be NONE. Which states is he going to win? Please let me know as the suspense is killing me. As to economics do you really think that a small business owner can do a better job of managing the U.S. economy than someone with Romneys experiemce?

Bruce4Ron
01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
It is the truth as you see it. How many states has RP won? MMM, lets see ... oh yeah that would be NONE. Which states is he going to win? Please let me know as the suspense is killing me. As to economics do you really think that a small business owner can do a better job of managing the U.S. economy than someone with Romneys experiemce?

Romney was born into wealth. BIG difference

Anyone can take alot of money they never worked for and make more money from it. That is not experience!

TonySutton
01-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Romney was born into wealth. BIG difference

Anyone can take alot of money they never worked for and make more money from it. That is not experience!

+1

virgil47
01-28-2008, 10:05 AM
You are correct on one point and incorrect on the other. Romney was indeed born into wealth but he was a good enough businessman to greatly increase his wealth. Just being born into wealth does not automatically ensure that you not only get to keep it but you can increase it. As for the folks who say it's RP or nothing Billary thanks you in advance. You do it you live with it!

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 10:08 AM

Hey, good for mitt, he's been successful in business and he has some experience, wealthy from the start or not. Great!

But it's a lot more than that. Has mitt even read the constitution? I think not as evidenced by his "I'd consult my lawyers" quote in a debate. Note: the constitution is the law of the land.

mitt offered what amounts to corporate welfare in Michigan. Ummmmmm, that's not what I'd call a good economic plan.

mitt wants to continue the illegal war on terror. Aside from the immorality factor, how in the hell does he plan to pay for it? We're broke and getting "broker". Go watch David Walker's videos. If you haven't seen them, he's the head of the GAO and he speaks of this country's $50+ trillion unfunded debt. I've heard a reasonable and comprehensive plan to correct that from Ron Paul. I've heard nothing of the sort from mitt.

Besides, Ron Paul's 20+ year impeccable record in congress speaks for itself. I'll take that no flip-flopping experience any day.

mconder
01-28-2008, 10:10 AM

Romney is a trust fund baby. This is not a guy who worked from the bottom to the top. RP on the other hand started out delivering milk. You can only trust a man who has been at the bottom and on top.

werdd
01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Ok, so romney was born into a rich family, his father the CEO of AMC, and then governer of michigan. His daddy put him through college, then he used his daddys money to buy businesses, and get the best financial advice by paying the smartest people. In essence, his wealth was spawned from a previous generation, and anyone can make alot of money when they start out with alot of money.

Paul delivered milk, and ended up being a doctor, and later a politician.

hawks4ronpaul
01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
It is funny when Romney supporters belittle RP for not being rich--without realizing that they are insulting most of the electorate.

virgil47
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Hmmm, can you please point out where Romney stated that he absolutely wanted to continue the war on terror? McCain has been giving him a hard time because he will not commit to keeping us at war. As for his consulting an attorney thats sounds prudent to me. If it's not legal he shouldn't try to do it or do you think the law is just something to be avoided? None of you has even addressed my main concern. Romney bashing will not get RP the job of VP. If he does not get the job of VP his ideas will just continue to be hashed and rehashed on the internet by the supporters of the revolution. His ideas must get into the mainstream to be effective. His campaign staff sucks and has done more to harm his campaign then to help it. If he does not win FIVE states he will not even be considered in a brokered convention. As he has catagorically stated that he will not run as a third party candidate. His supporters MUST stop trying to sabotage perhaps the only chance that his ideas have of becoming mainstream!!!

liberteebell
01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
He just hired Elizabeth Cheney as his senior foreign policy advisor. Just check out HER background.

And no, you don't need a lawyer or 12; the constitution is the supreme law of the land and it's pretty easy to understand.

I'm not bashing Romney. I'm just voting for principle.

hawks4ronpaul
01-29-2008, 09:36 AM
A Diane Rehm Show guest just said that the economy as major issue helps Romney (no mention of RP's superior policies).

This "frame" of Romney as the only "economy guy" is as damaging as the "fringe" label or other marginalization techniques.

LBT
01-29-2008, 09:44 AM
A knowledge of economics has almost nothing to do with running a business. A government doesn't need business skills. Businessmen in government are prone to develop corporatist ties. i.e. Corruption and monopolies.

Romney is an economic idiot anyway. His protectionist recommendations in Michigan stem from mercantalist origins. He is a vote buying economic idiot. Ron would crush him in any debate on economics or the role of government as it concerns business.

Conza88
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Question should be; who is the most valuable?
- check in after depression: nice fiat Romney.. nice fiat..

Oh yea and RP nice GOLD!!!!

Whose rich now? ;p

InLoveWithRon
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Romney just said on C-Span yesterday not to worry about the economy.. he said the mortgage, foreclosure and US debt will take care of itself..

Smart man huh?

InLoveWithRon
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Romney just said on C-Span yesterday not to worry about the economy.. he said the mortgage, foreclosure and US debt will take care of itself..

Smart man huh?

hawks4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Romney sounds like he has no idea what M1 is or what VAT is (the 1% occurs on the new value added at each transaction in the commodity chain, not just final retail): http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
If it goes there, he should bring up how much Romney has spent of his own money on the campaign.