PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul after debate: "McCain never heard of the committee because..."

GHoeberX
01-25-2008, 03:56 AM
I just saw this RonPaulblimp-clip on youtube. Someone asks Ron Paul if he thinks McCain understood his question, since he looked confused. Paul answered that he thought Mccain had never heard of that group and he surely was confused, because the people he was bringing up were actually on that committee. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPm8ptvIMPs

DarkLaw
01-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Bwahahahaha Classic.

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 04:20 AM
GhoeberX-

Are you going to do an edit splicing McCain's answer into a video?

It's not even a gaffe. It's an expose` of McCain's biggest weekness, IMO. The man just don't know shit about economics.

FTL
01-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Ron Paul is too cool.

He even walks like a badass.

devil21
01-25-2008, 04:42 AM
That whole turn of events has the making of a great video. McCain attacking Ron about Iraq, then Ron asking McCain that question, McCain stumbling and naming (then flash in pics of these guys), then that response from RP. Fade out about who you want running the economy?

raiha
01-25-2008, 04:52 AM
How cool is that?

Mccain first of all looked like the smartass that he is and gave one of those smirks which indicates that he thinks RP is a crackpot and that he is in the know (that Ron Paul is a crackpot.)

Then he went into Phase Two: the 'dazed and confused' look.

Then his mouth opened and failed to engage with his brain which resulted in him shooting himself in the foot.

Wonder what he's boning up on in bed tonight. "OH NO... all my friends are on that committee I've never heard of!"

bobmurph
01-25-2008, 05:25 AM
I just saw this RonPaulblimp-clip on youtube. Someone asks Ron Paul if he thinks McCain understood his question, since he looked confused. Paul answered that he thought Mccain had never heard of that group and he surely was confused, because the people he was bringing up were actually on that committee. :D

That is hilarious shit. Ron Paul is a G..."trick question, bitch...your advisors are ON the commitee! ZING!"

GHoeberX
01-25-2008, 06:00 AM
GhoeberX-

Are you going to do an edit splicing McCain's answer into a video?

It's not even a gaffe. It's an expose` of McCain's biggest weekness, IMO. The man just don't know shit about economics.

Nah; I'm not planning to make such a thing; I'm sure someone else will though

wortguy
01-25-2008, 06:04 AM
awesome!

Danny Molina
01-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Smarter than the average...

.....elephant!

SimpleName
01-25-2008, 06:40 AM
LOL! Ron needs to mention this on a major network or other news outlet (although we all know how difficult that is). It could wake a few, albeit very few that these other guys have no clue what is really going on.

Vendico
01-25-2008, 09:08 AM
notice all of his body guards. looked like 5 of them

theswedishchef
01-25-2008, 09:14 AM
OMG BWAHAHA

"the people he brought up was actually on that commity" -DR. Paul

HAHAHA McCain got PWNED

humanic
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM

HAHAHA. I love this man.

Enemies Domestic
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Priceless.

Voluntaryist
01-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Ron Paul is too cool.

He even walks like a badass.

A humble, honorable badass. But a badass nonetheless :cool:

angrydragon
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Was that the secret service?

N13
01-25-2008, 12:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plunge_Protection_Team

itshappening
01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
yeah did you see that? RP's got 4 dudes in black suits round him at all times

but he's not a serious candidate....

InLoveWithRon
01-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Awesome video.. Probably the best one yet

InLoveWithRon
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Ron Paul is just too good and too honest for America.

The majority of americans want a flip flopping liar who will rip them off constantly and destroy their freedoms.

Marc3579
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
More than likely Secret Service, those guys weren't taking any chances with who they let near Ron. They also stayed within arms reach of Ron and whomever was interacting with him. I loved the answer "...The people he mentioned are on that committee!"

Cleaner44
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Ron Paul is just too good and too honest for America.

The majority of americans want a flip flopping liar who will rip them off constantly and destroy their freedoms.

I really think the biggest problem is that people don't read. They don't dig in and research. They want to make a quick decision so they can get back to more fun things than politics like TV bullshit.

zmyrick19
01-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I really think the biggest problem is that people don't read. They don't dig in and research. They want to make a quick decision so they can get back to more fun things than politics like TV bullshit.

So very true. Getting Dr. Paul into office and fixing the educational system will help to curb that.

Maltheus
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I thought Paul's question of McCain was his weakest moments last night. Most people never heard of that committee, so why bore the audience just to get a jab in? He should have asked, "how do you intend to fund 100 years of war, by raising taxes or devaluing the currency?"

Marc3579
01-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Maltheus it wasn't aimed for the people in the audience, it was a question for the economists that were watching. It proved that he didn't know jack about the economy, and that was worth the question.

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
RP has a heart of gold!!!

amonasro
01-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Dang, five bodyguards, pretty badass!

"oops, it shut off, that's okay!" LOL The girl at the end was also super cute.

I bet Paul is saving this info so he can attack McCain later on. Don't think for a second that he just asked a random question, for no reason. He has McCain right where he wants him now--I can't wait till he unloads on him for the kill.

UnReconstructed
01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
classic!

Madison
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Paul answered that he thought Mccain had never heard of that group and he surely was confused, because the people he was bringing up were actually on that committee.

I do not understand Ron Paul's answer at all.

Arkris
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Dang, five bodyguards, pretty badass!

I noticed that too, pretty awesome. I've been worried for a while about security.

Also, after last night's question, I'm certain that John McCain wants to kill him!

Arkris
01-25-2008, 06:08 PM
I do not understand Ron Paul's answer at all.

I didn't get it at first either, so I rewatched John McCains answer at the debate.

He said he wouldn't rely on that committee, because he already had a group of advisors, and then proceeded to name them. The funny thing is that McCains advisors are members of the committee that Ron Paul asked about.

wortguy
01-26-2008, 11:48 AM
turns out the guy that asked the question is a friend of mine from Jersey here, was down in Fla on business. His voice was a little hoarse so it didn't recognize it.
So his wife tells me the story yesterday, and I said HOLD ON!.....I saw a vid of that online!.....They didn't even know about the youtube of it until then! Needless to say, they were thrilled.

So yesterday he was at the airport in Fla heading home, and he had his Ron Paul button on a security agent said to him "you know he just walked through here".....so he found Ron Paul at the airport and was able to chat and get some things signed!

Who knew being politically involved could be this much fun? And look how the internet has made US - the people, significant in the process again!

"Have fun doing it" ~Ron Paul

dawnbt
01-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Was that the secret service?

No, they weren't wearing shades.:cool:

NoMoreApathy
01-26-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL!!

"Dr. Paul, did John McCain understand your question?"

Carol Paul: "Nooo..."

JMcGuire
01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
That was me asking Dr Paul the question about McCain. RP is such a cool guy. I caught him behind the restaurant as they were trying to wisk him away and I had no idea anyone was filming. I first started talking with him about Austrian Economics, Hans Sennholz' work to be exact. Then as he was walking away I just needed to know what he thought about McCain because I needed a sanity check. The good Doctor was spot on as usual.
The best part is that I met him again the next day at FLL gate 2 terminal 1. Here is just walking around with Carol and his grand daughter, pulling his own bag, popping into the bathroom, buying a newspaper and shaking my hand again. He was heading back to Texas. BTW, no security was with him. :confused:
Today we hit 100 houses in our NJ neighborhood. We have to go door to door, it's better than blimps and signs.
Go Ron Paul.
Everybody congratulate Wortguy, his wife just delivered their eighth child!! Mazel Tov!!