PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Pick ONE Money Bomb date NOW or watch it fizzle

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Money bombs need momentum so if we continue to fight over what is the best date/theme not one will have the chance to go viral.

Best one so far
Ron Paul 51st Anniversay Money Bomb - February 1st - (no website available)
Send the Ron Paul Campaign $51 on this day to celebrate Ron and Carol's 51st wedding anniversary!

affordable
easy date to remember

the next person to "propose" a new money bomb date should be banned.

PICK ONE OR DIE

mokkan88
01-25-2008, 03:32 AM
I like the liberty tax bomb. All moneybombs are "affordable". You can donate any amount you like, even if it's below the pledge limit.

http://www.libertytax08.com/

Pauls' Revere
01-25-2008, 03:33 AM
51for51 me likey!

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 03:36 AM
we the people money bomb...

affa
01-25-2008, 03:45 AM
I'm for the debate one on the 30th, personally. I think the super high traffic on forums during debates would be a great way to remind people. (especially since none of these have any planning/promo time)

Royksopp
01-25-2008, 06:13 AM
The plan is to have the 3 moneybomb ideas on the same day- Fox News, Anniversary etc.

The day is Feb 1st. Spread the word.

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 06:50 AM
the market chooses.

the market chose MLK day because the old media decided to have Ron Paul is Racist week the week before.

that lead to a popular opinion that an MLK day money bomb would make for an ironic gesture and gave it the fire to go viral.

ultimately, whoever picks the day with the catchiest concept, promotes it the hardest, and has the coolest site/video will get the bomb, and the more bombs are attempted, the cooler, quirkier, and more creative the successful bomb will be.

the money bombs themselves are proof of the power of releasing the creative energy of free people.

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 07:00 AM
the market chooses.

the market chose MLK day because the old media decided to have Ron Paul is Racist week the week before.

that lead to a popular opinion that an MLK day money bomb would make for an ironic gesture and gave it the fire to go viral.

ultimately, whoever picks the day with the catchiest concept, promotes it the hardest, and has the coolest site/video will get the bomb, and the more bombs are attempted, the cooler, quirkier, and more creative the successful bomb will be.

the money bombs themselves are proof of the power of releasing the creative energy of free people.

the "market" better choose fast it or the money bombs will fizzle

Why can't we get another 6 million dollar day?

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 07:04 AM
although I'm not saying this to be discouraging, but to be realistic, another record setting money bomb is more likely once we are sure that either

a. ron paul is really close to being the republican nominee

or

b. he commits to running a third party or as an independant

otherwise people are starting to be confused as to whether or not the money is usable if he were to get it by x or y date.

if someones money bomb site included a campaign quote about a clear cutoff date for the viability of funds for a victory in the republican primary, and had a cool enough title and video, it could go down, but the donation bomb needs the confidence of a clear organized utility and believably energizing packaging.

rprprs
01-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Money bombs need momentum so if we continue to fight over what is the best date/theme not one will have the chance to go viral.

Best one so far
Ron Paul 51st Anniversay Money Bomb - February 1st - (no website available)
Send the Ron Paul Campaign $51 on this day to celebrate Ron and Carol's 51st wedding anniversary!

affordable
easy date to remember

the next person to "propose" a new money bomb date should be banned.

PICK ONE OR DIE

Agreed. But, as much as momentum, they need FOCUS. People are free to donate at any time and for any reason...as well they should. But for money bombs to be truly successful, their message can't be diluted and they can't be held every five minutes.

Having said that, my vote goes to the Faux News Money Bomb. As sweet an idea as the Anniversary Bomb may be, I believe the Faux News has a better chance of success as it taps into the frustration that so many of us feel at the attempts to marginalize Ron's candidacy and defame his character. I, for one, can't even watch that "fauxnewsmoneybomb" video without getting sick to my stomach. To hear Dr. Paul blatantly called a "crackpot" and "fundamentally anti-American" makes my blood boil!!! How such slanderous, libelous defamation of character can pass as journalism is beyond me. I've made some healthy contributions to previous money bombs, but I'd be more than willing to double up on this one.

Nonetheless, I'll be there for whatever is chosen. But PLEASE, let's get our act together and choose NOW.