PDA

View Full Version : Which of these proposed moneybombs should be supported?

mokkan88
01-25-2008, 02:50 AM
All three of the above moneybombs have been proposed, as well a "Ron Paul power hour" / "money nuke". Which of these do you think should be endorsed?

Liberty Tax '08 Moneybomb - February 3rd - http://www.libertytax08.com/
This moneybomb currently has around 100 pledges for $500 each. Pledgers agree to give $500 each, although (obviously) non-pledged donations can equate to whatever the donor can afford. The idea behind this moneybomb is to raise enough money to generate Ron Paul some publicity the day before Super Tuesday.

Faux News Moneybomb - February 1st - http://www.fauxnewsmoneybomb.com/
This moneybomb currently has around 40 pledges, although the amount per pledge is not specified. The objective of this moneybomb is to show Faux News that they can't ignore us.

Ron Paul 51st Anniversay Money Bomb - February 1st - (no website available)
Send the Ron Paul Campaign $51 on this day to celebrate Ron and Carol's 51st wedding anniversary!

Ron Paul Power Hour/Money Nuke - 8pm (EST), January 30th - (no website available)
Paulites have set records for fundraising during 24-hour donation blitzes. Now let's set a campaign record for the most money contributed in one hour!

That's all the information I have. Organizers feel free to add what you like.

affa
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Money nuke would be the 30th, based on previous polling - during the CNN/Politico debate.

wstrucke
01-25-2008, 02:59 AM
you forgot "None of the Above"

mokkan88
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I was assuming people who wanted a moneybomb would be interested in voting. Anyone who doesn't want a moneybomb doesn't have to participate. :)

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Ron Paul 51st Anniversay Money Bomb

$51 is affordable.

why give fox free advertising?

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 03:18 AM
I'm more partial to the "give on every payday" plan.

Dave Pedersen
01-25-2008, 03:20 AM
51st Anniversary..

It's tha LOVE-olution, baby ;)

and don't forget a chip-in for the flowers

newmedia4ron
01-25-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm more partial to the "give on every payday" plan.

me too but people need to feel special or something

wildflower
01-25-2008, 03:38 AM
I had a hard time deciding between the 51st anniversary and the Faux News moneybomb.

It's a good idea to give them a gift for their anniversary.... but I think the Faux News moneybomb could be fantastic... because it will definitely motivate people to give, because of how angry most of us are with FNC.

hmm.... I just thought of something. Maybe instead of just limiting it to Faux News, we could do an anti-MSM moneybomb? :D Because it's not just Fox, all of the MSM is controlled and biased/dishonest.

It would attract a lot of attention, because we're not the only ones who realize this. It'll probably bring in new donors, because I think a lot of people want to make a "statement" against the MSM.

/ rambling

ionlyknowy
01-25-2008, 03:42 AM
not really leaning towards any of these... cant we come up with something better than these?

ionlyknowy
01-25-2008, 03:44 AM
why dont we do an end the war in Iraq so we can spend the money here to fix our economy money bomb?

That is something that 70% of the country can get behind.

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 03:47 AM
RP needs to mention a day to donate on... give the grassroots about a 10 day heads up and we will get it done... either when a bill was passed or historic figure... just say it once and we will do the rest...

livinglegend
01-25-2008, 03:58 AM
THESE ARE ALL TOO SOON. I thought the MLK moneybomb was poorly run, and these will be even worse.

Pick a date like President's Day, on February 18th. Then make a website and then promote it on the forums/Youtube/MeetUp/Digg/etc for several weeks. That's how I think it should work.

I know people want to do something right around super Tuesday, but it's just too soon and I'd rather have a very successful 3+ million moneybomb than a 1 million moneysparkler.

Dave Pedersen
01-25-2008, 04:05 AM
well we can still send them bunches of flowers on their anniversary.. if we can do it (or try to do it) for Jay Leno.. we can do it for a couple who about the time of their 50th wedding anniversary decided to stump for our freedom, undertaking a grueling regimen daunting for people half their age... think about it.

Carol and Ron deserve a big thank you only flowers can say. From all of us.

jrich4rpaul
01-25-2008, 04:35 AM
All of them.

Let's just blow all of the other candidates out of the water on a frequent basis!

ionlyknowy
01-25-2008, 04:38 AM
I just looked at my calendar and it says that 2/5 is the anniversary of our Constitution.

Why not have a money bomb on that day? It just so happens this is the same day as Super Duper Tuesday...

literatim
01-25-2008, 04:40 AM
I just looked at my calendar and it says that 2/5 is the anniversary of our Constitution.

Why not have a money bomb on that day? It just so happens this is the same day as Super Duper Tuesday...

It may distract away from Super Tuesday.

m72mc
01-25-2008, 04:45 AM
Who cares about the theme

Just pick the same day and DONATE

the sooner the better

ecliptic
01-25-2008, 08:22 AM
51st Anniversary..

It's tha LOVE-olution, baby ;)

and don't forget a chip-in for the flowers

I concur.

Viva Loveolution!!!

Cal Mabus
01-25-2008, 10:01 AM

A Bakers Dozen Reasons for a Super Tuesday $$$ Bomb.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100973

szczebrzeszyn
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Who cares about the theme

Just pick the same day and DONATE

the sooner the better

+1
I was against any more money bombs after the tea party, but I can see now, that it's currently the only effective way to raise big bucks FAST. No other thing is working as good as a well promoted money bomb - like it or not, that's the way it is. So yeah, pick up ONE date and promote it as much as possible. As the poster above said, the theme doesn't really matter that much. Although, I don't like the 'Faux' idea - why promote them in ANY way, when you don't like them? Doesn't make sense to me. Power Nuke is bad too - it would rather put the server to its knees then raise enough money. 24h money bomb on a given, well promoted day is the best choice.

Elwar
01-25-2008, 10:42 AM
I had a hard time deciding between the 51st anniversary and the Faux News moneybomb.

Fortunately you don't have to choose, they're both on Feb 1st.

Give Ron & Carol Paul an anniversary gift of a Faux News Money Bomb :)

mokkan88
01-25-2008, 04:27 PM
looks pretty well definitive

Ronin
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
What kind of poll is this? There's no option for "None of the above". FU Frank.

Ralph O'Brien
01-25-2008, 04:43 PM
All this has done is add confusion. Trevor, i think came up with FAUX and now everything will be diluted!

seeker1
01-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Thomas Paines Birthday

Thomas Paine, the father of the American Revolution, was born in Thetford, England on January 29 1737. He lived there until 1774, when he migrated to the American colonies just in time to take part in the American Revolution.

thefred
01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
everyday in smaller amounts