PDA

View Full Version : Ads for local newspapers

MsDoodahs
05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I just called our local newspaper to get ad rates and circulation/subscription info.

Is anyone here at the forum working on any ideas for print ads we, as individuals, might place in local newspapers?

I asked the local paper's managing editor what issues would be considered "hot" here, and he told me immigration is tops on the list.

Maybe a half page ad with the copy of something Dr. Paul wrote on the subject?

Ideas???

ratsbew
05-23-2007, 10:03 AM
We should try to get people together to buy an ad in the Sunday Des Moines Register in Iowa.

MsDoodahs
05-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Not a bad idea at all.

We need to use our funds in as strategically important way as possible.

It may be that rather than go with the giant newspaper, we'd be better served hitting small town papers around the state?

Thoughts?

Pizza God
05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
The larger circulation, the bigger the add, the more it is going to cost. They sell by the square inch in most cases. You can get a better deal if you run several adds over time.

However I don't think this is a wise choice for advertizing dollars, unless you are in a small town. At least in a small town, your money is being kept locally.

Instead of spending money on an add that will not be seen in the paper, how about spending that money on yard signs and campain boards on major roads. Not billboards, that is another waist of money.

Think about 'see rock city" or "Burma shave" signs. Repitition is the key.

Also think about post card mail outs. These can be done for around 25 cents each when done in mass quantity. You can even use a direct mailing company and target spacific target markets. I would try hitting homes with incomes over $40k. These are the most likely people to vote in a Republican Primary.

Remember, not all that many people vote in the Primaries compared to the general election. We don't have to convert/educate the masses, only those that actually vote in the primaries.