PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate politics (rant)

tomveil
01-25-2008, 02:11 AM
So I was so hopeful for this debate tonight. I thought that with the money still rolling in, a couple 2nd place finishes (Or better), and the narrowing of the field that tonight would be different. And I slogged my way through the pre-debate crap, only to see them still ignoring Ron Paul. I looked at the USA Today front page and thought "Today will be the last day they can do that. Ron Paul is going to kick some ass tonight. It's the economy, and he's been talking about it the whole time." And then I watched the biggest sham of a debate that I have ever seen. Mitt Romney talked more about the funding of his own campaign than Ron Paul got TOTAL! The 2nd half of the "debate" was a section in which they could just ignore him altogether, because we all know that if they address him directly in a condesending manner, he's going to chew them up. So what do they do? They question each-other about whatever the media scandal is for the day. And BAM it gets to be the story of the day on the 24 hour news networks. But god forbid we should actually spend any time on the news talking about ideas. We have this ridiculous media that will spend 3 full days talking about hillary "crying" and exagerrating every other thing "Bill Clinton Angrily Lashed Out At Reporters!" Anything to fill up those airwaves with controversy instead of actual debate. Ron Paul calls them out on it at the end. I just hope that we've got enough clout to force them to stop ignoring him. Let's just fucking talk about IDEAS. FOR ONCE. PLEASE? LIKE....THIS IS PRETTY SERIOUS SHIT WE'RE DEALING WITH HERE! THE FUTURE OF A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY IS AT STAKE, AND WE'RE NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!

I hate politics because they treat it like a game.

pacelli
01-25-2008, 02:25 AM
POLI+TICS :Many blood sucking insects.

It is a game! Isn't it sad how the most important decision Americans can make for their country is so easily manipulated by a media and corporate controlled election?

tomveil
01-25-2008, 02:31 AM
POLI+TICS :Many blood sucking insects.

It is a game! Isn't it sad how the most important decision Americans can make for their country is so easily manipulated by a media and corporate controlled election?

It so is.

mokkan88
01-25-2008, 02:34 AM
That's what you get for expecting the media to react to us. We're not here to change the media. We're here to change the nation!

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 02:36 AM
the media knows they are done...

tomveil
01-25-2008, 02:41 AM
the media knows they are done...

Yeah but my whole point is that even that is bullshit. They wouldn't be done if they'd just do their job. Why don't they just do it and let us discuss the ideas? It's so retarded!

Stevo
01-25-2008, 02:51 AM
I was so bummed after the debate, I decided to go grocery shopping. I live in central Ca and my town has a high percentage of illegal immigrants. I am in line and there is a couple in front of me with their three kids, who are probably hardworking folks but I am about 99% sure are not citizens. No big. Daily life here. After paying for the first half of their purchase the cashier rings up 8 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs, and two boxes of corn flakes, using WIC coupons. Milk goes for a little over three bucks a gallon here. Eggs, nearly three bucks a dozen, Corn Flakes about the same. Somewhere around $36.00 dollars of free groceries. Courtesy of me and you. Kinda chaffed me a bit. Hope this doesn't come off wrong. I don't hate people, but I can't understand how we subsidize folks who aren't supposed to be here in the first place.

wstrucke
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
right... i never understand how there can even be a discussion about doing anything to illegal immigrants other than kicking their asses out of the country!

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
It's just one big scripted reality show for the sheeple to make them think they can vote for the winner like American Idol. In the end they find out it's rigged too, but they don't care because they were entertained for awhile and feel like they were a part of the show.

tomveil
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I was so bummed after the debate, I decided to go grocery shopping. I live in central Ca and my town has a high percentage of illegal immigrants. I am in line and there is a couple in front of me with their three kids, who are probably hardworking folks but I am about 99% sure are not citizens. No big. Daily life here. After paying for the first half of their purchase the cashier rings up 8 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs, and two boxes of corn flakes, using WIC coupons. Milk goes for a little over three bucks a gallon here. Eggs, nearly three bucks a dozen, Corn Flakes about the same. Somewhere around $36.00 dollars of free groceries. Courtesy of me and you. Kinda chaffed me a bit. Hope this doesn't come off wrong. I don't hate people, but I can't understand how we subsidize folks who aren't supposed to be here in the first place.

That stuff doesn't even bother me. I mean, I know where you're coming from, and it sucks. But it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that the government gets enough money to do social programs but just doesn't. They blow all our money on bullshit. Let's cut the bullshit, THEN we can discuss our social programs, OK? Let's make em efficent. Let's make em transparent. Let's make em FAIR TO PEOPLE. We have the money! Let's stop wasting it and have a discussion about what to do next!!!

I should say also, it doesn't bother me that they're getting $36 dollars in free groceries. What really bothers me is A) What that $36 dollars actually buys and B) The government is taking so much that $36 is something we have to worry about when it comes to putting food on the table. If people wanna come, let em come. If they wanna work, let em work. Let's make it easy for them to do it legally. But we don't owe them anything just because they snuck across the border and are working under the table. Everybody deserves a shot at the american dream if they want to do it legally.

tomveil
01-25-2008, 03:03 AM
right... i never understand how there can even be a discussion about doing anything to illegal immigrants other than kicking their asses out of the country!

That's a pretty bad characterization, man. Read my post above.

wstrucke
01-25-2008, 03:15 AM
how is that a bad characterization? we have immigration laws for a reason. if you (or anyone) wants to allow more people access to the country legally or make it easier to cross the border i'm all for it. but if someone comes here without approval violating our laws, they should be deported. it's the LAW.

InLoveWithRon
01-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Our founding fore fathers, if they were alive, would nuke the United States because it is exactly the opposite of what they envisioned this country to be.

tomveil
01-25-2008, 03:27 AM
how is that a bad characterization? we have immigration laws for a reason. if you (or anyone) wants to allow more people access to the country legally or make it easier to cross the border i'm all for it. but if someone comes here without approval violating our laws, they should be deported. it's the LAW.

Because we don't have to kick them out. We need to stop paying for them and bring them on the books and let them take their best shot.

Flirple
01-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Read this fantastic article to put things in perspective: http://www.nolanchart.com/article1426.html
Excerpt:

"...In the midst of the debate there were precious times when Ron Paul's differing views could not be silenced. His comments on the Iraq war were clearly articulated and unwavering. His economic comments were a strong dose of reality that those tuned in to really what was necessary to repair both short and long-term our economy had to start to question if he was not the one who understood the most about our situation and how to correct it. Finally, his comments on the Republican Party turning their backs on those of us embracing the Constitution and liberty were directly on-target. His case for being the MOST Republican of any other candidate on the stage could not be denied nor could it be kept from the listening audience.
Will it matter in the papers tomorrow? No. Will it change the focus of the race from the personalities the mainstream media wants to talk about to who they SHOULD talk about? No. Will it reach a few more that will no doubt begin to awaken to real root causes of our troubles and how to solve them? Yes!
This is the essence of this year's rEVOLution. The movement does not sweep over the country a hundred thousand or million people at a time. It grows one focused listener at a time. The restoration of the United States is not an overnight sensation nor is it a single Presidential surprise victory. I believe Dr. Paul understands this better than most of us who support him. We are lucky to have him as our Elder Statesman in this campaign. This debate showed once again it is not about the candidate, nor is it about losing or winning. It is about the victories along the way as the momentum and movement grows. The first American Revolution started out in much the same way. The first real battle against British Colonial Rule took place in 1676, fully 100 years before the Declaration of Independence. Tonight Ron Paul will not be given the win in the debate but those supporting him must understand the wonderful victories he won."

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 05:01 AM
don't forget nobody watches these debates but us.