PDA

View Full Version : A little late but..

darkdruid
01-25-2008, 02:10 AM
"This is the role our government has taken , the role of those that make peaceful revolutions impossible, by refusing to give up the privileges and the pleasures that come from the immense profits of over seas investments. I am convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin to shift from a thing oriented society to a person oriented society....

A true revolution of values will soon cause us to question the baddest injustice of many of our present policies. A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say: " War, this way of settling justices is not just"...

Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the revolutionary spirit and go out into a sometimes hostile world declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism, and militarism. I speak out against this war not in anger, but with anxiety and sorrow in my heart, and above all with a passionate desire to see our beloved country to stand as the moral example of the world. I speak out against this war because I am disappointing with America. And there can be disappointment without great love.

It is time for all people of conscience to call upon America to come back home. Come home, America. I call on Washington today. I call on every man and woman of good will all over America today. I call on the young men of America who must make a choice today to take a stand on this issue. Tomorrow may be too late. The book may close. And don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine, messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgment, and it seems that I can hear God saying to America, "You're too arrogant! And if you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I'll place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name. Be still and know that I'm God."

Exerts from Martian Luther King's speech "Why I am agianst the Vietnam War." I believe times have not changed and the Iraq War is no different. Ron Paul revolution is this Revolution of Peace and prosperity. Keep up the good work everyone.

affa
01-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Peace.