PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody please explain Fred Thompson to me? Please?

rajibo
08-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I'd like to know what the fascination with Fred Thompson is. I tried to read up on him but, frankly, got bored. He seems like a nice enough guy. Is that reason to be President?

I'm really beginning to think that everybody should have to take a test before they get their voter registration card. An essay test. Let me grade it.

But really, what's special about Fred Thompson?

CurtisLow
08-02-2007, 12:16 AM
This may help a little..

http://presidentialcandidates.wetpaint.com/

McDermit
08-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Everyone knows him from Law & Order. And on there, he doesn't seem too terrible, although a tad corrupt and pussified. lol.

My favorite are the people backing Obama just because he's black. (My mom's boyfriend, for example. Ugh.)

rajibo
08-02-2007, 12:38 AM
This may help a little..

http://presidentialcandidates.wetpaint.com/

So our president is being selected on his/(her) desire to have the United States lose our sovereignty (sp?).

Or are they running due to their desire to increase the size of the American Empire?

rpf2008
08-02-2007, 01:34 AM
It's best that you do your own research.

ghemminger
08-02-2007, 01:42 AM
I hasd this conversation at work....people know him....and he's famous and he's a senator 1+1= President.....Its Joe 6-packs alternative to Hilary

Lois
08-02-2007, 06:14 AM
He's scary -- makes me think of David Icke's Reptillian. Maybe it's the eyes and head shape. More like a snake. I can only watch him for a little while, and I get the creeps.

BuddyRey
08-02-2007, 06:26 AM
The thing of it is, I can't figure out why ANYONE would be even remotely interested in ANY of these Presidential candidates, let alone someone like Fred or Mitt who doesn't even have any real platform, besides "more of the same" and "politics as usual." Nothing revolutionary or new comes out of these people's mouths at any time!

OURPLAN
08-02-2007, 07:00 AM
After I saw his reply to Michael Moore on youtube,
I had a nightmare about Fred, and woke up sweating.
:( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

SWATH
08-02-2007, 07:17 AM
After I saw his reply to Michael Moore on youtube,
I had a nightmare about Fred, and woke up sweating.
:( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek: :( :eek:

Everyone said Thompson owned Moore, but I just didn't see it.

He simply said that he didn't have time to debate him and that he should consider checking in to a mental hospital. It was just stupid. At least debate him and win on your merits instead of fluffy rhetoric. Oh that's right fluffy rhetoric is all you got.

OURPLAN
08-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Fred just seems evil. That's why I had the nightmare.

SeanEdwards
08-04-2007, 11:20 PM
I'd like to know what the fascination with Fred Thompson is. I tried to read up on him but, frankly, got bored. He seems like a nice enough guy. Is that reason to be President?

I'm really beginning to think that everybody should have to take a test before they get their voter registration card. An essay test. Let me grade it.

But really, what's special about Fred Thompson?

He has a deep gravely voice and he played a stern father-like figure on TV.

Oh, he also drives a rented red truck occasionally.

SeanEdwards
08-04-2007, 11:21 PM
He's scary -- makes me think of David Icke's Reptillian. Maybe it's the eyes and head shape. More like a snake. I can only watch him for a little while, and I get the creeps.

Ok, you totally made me realize that Fred Thompson's head is kinda shaped like Jabba the Hut's. I'm serious, think about it!

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/9749/freddythehutuh6.jpg

MadEmperor
08-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Outside of a few candidates like Ron Paul and Mike Gravel (few others), I can't really tell most of them apart.

I've watched many of the debates, Republican and Democrat and I can't really tell the difference on most. Seems like they all have Group Think.

1000-points-of-fright
08-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Are you kidding? Fred has soooo much experience. More than any other candidate.

He's pretended to be President Ulysses S. Grant, a District Attorney, President again, the voice of Andrew Jackson, a Politician on TV, an FBI Agent, a White House Chief of Staff, a Senator, a Detective, an Arms Dealer, a Doctor, a Rear Admiral, a Major General, a Lt. Colonel, a CIA Director, and even himself.

With those kind of credentials, he'll be Superpresident.

SeanEdwards
08-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Bumped for Freddy the Hut.

freelance
08-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Does anyone remember back during the Clinton administration when Fred was investigating everything? Then, all of a sudden, he said it was just too damn hard and dropped his investigations like a hot potato! I wonder which decider man told him to lay off or else?

Stuck in the Sand
08-05-2007, 05:10 AM
He's got the name recognition thing in spades right now. Honestly at this point in the process he's the only one who can contend with Giuliani in that reguard. Beyond that, you have Nixon calling him stupid and him being the one that tipped off that administration. That will all be swept under the rug if the powers that be want him in office which is unlikely right now because there isn't a Republican running that can take down Hillary or Obama at this point. I'm not saying I like it, but it's just the way it is.

nexalacer
08-05-2007, 05:14 AM
The thing of it is, I can't figure out why ANYONE would be even remotely interested in ANY of these Presidential candidates, let alone someone like Fred or Mitt who doesn't even have any real platform, besides "more of the same" and "politics as usual." Nothing revolutionary or new comes out of these people's mouths at any time!

I think you're under the impression that people actually WANT something revolutionary. Revolutionary ideas take a lot of work, and while those of us that support Ron Paul are willing to struggle to make things change, Joe 6-pack is terrified of revolutionary change because it might mean he can no longer spend his days drinking beer, watching... CSI? (I dunno the current hits anymore), and shaggin' his wife. It's a big change to become revolutionary, and not many people are up for it.

ShaneC
08-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Are you kidding? Fred has soooo much experience. More than any other candidate.

He's pretended to be President Ulysses S. Grant, a District Attorney, President again, the voice of Andrew Jackson, a Politician on TV, an FBI Agent, a White House Chief of Staff, a Senator, a Detective, an Arms Dealer, a Doctor, a Rear Admiral, a Major General, a Lt. Colonel, a CIA Director, and even himself.

With those kind of credentials, he'll be Superpresident.

Well, if that is the case, I'm sold.

Sorry Ron Paul, but Fred's actually pretended to be all the things we the people hope you can be.

Kinda like how I'm an astronaut, because I thought it'd be cool when I was 5.

Stuck in the Sand
08-05-2007, 05:44 AM
shaggin' his wife

and you aren't worried about this? I think you should get off the forum and handle your business.

nexalacer
08-05-2007, 05:48 AM
hah! got me! but I'm not married.... spent the weekend with the gf and NOT on this forum though, thanks!

Stuck in the Sand
08-05-2007, 05:57 AM
Well that's good to hear. Glad to see some of you guys/girls are getting off the internet for a few minutes.

Bradley in DC
08-05-2007, 05:59 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/04/AR2007080401483.html?wpisrc=newsletter

freelance
08-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Well, she certainly gives new meaning to Law and Order!

Stuck in the Sand
08-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Thanks, I'm now voting for Fred Thompson. It would be nice to have a hot first lady for once.