PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul can do well in Florida

Thunderbolt
01-25-2008, 01:08 AM
It should be obvious to all by now that the people who are supporting Ron Paul are the ones that care about personal liberties and the economy. Although virtually unmentioned, Ron Paul came in second in the caucus in Nevada. Nevada has large population of people who live off of tips, care about the freedom to gamble and they have a housing market that once supported spec buyers and now they all are stuck with over priced properties they cannot unload.

The people in Florida have a very similar set of circumstances to the people in Nevada.

read the rest here:

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-012408A.html

then digg.

then bump.

then do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around.

To precinct captains - gambling911 has several articles for you to use to help sway voters. This one isn't bad though. Become a precinct captain. It is actually enjoyable. I thought it would be a chore, but it is not. We can win this way. Please spend an hour a day or more making calls for Ron Paul.

hueylong
01-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Frankly, Ron will not do well in Florida. Accept it.

That said, the Grassroots needs to do everything possible there.

The campaign is focusing on Maine, Hawaii, and the Super Tuesday states where we can win delegates.

If we want to be a player in the nomination process, we need to earn delegates. Period.

We can't play the media / momentum game, because no matter what momentum we earn (2nd place finishes in Nev & LA for example) -- we won't get any favorable media coverage.

ckhagen
01-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Huey's right... I'm in FL and it's not going to be a great showing. I'm really hoping we at least beat someone, don't care who, but anyone. We're working SO hard, but this winner take all business makes it hard to reconcile our efforts.

My husband works for tips as a bellman at a hotel here on the beaches. Unfortunately, most of his co-workers just plain don't vote (he's stooped to begging some of them to vote), a couple will vote for RP, and the others all seem to be on the McCain train. These are all mid-twenties, mostly white, college educated, men.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 01:18 AM
FL is winner take all. It makes no sense to campaign there.

wstrucke
01-25-2008, 01:25 AM
FL is winner take all. It makes no sense to campaign there.

unless you live there

Give me liberty
01-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Well after this debate i think ron paul can a chance at winning that state, but we will see.

If the debate had any effects, the debate did help on the donations through :)

AlexMerced
01-25-2008, 01:32 AM
well, there was mass miggration of democrats to republicans in florida, I wonder how tose people will vote. It was in an article a few months ago.

ionlyknowy
01-25-2008, 01:33 AM
the turn out in Nevada is really low....that always works to our advantage... if we had more time, then it would not be a prob. But FL has a HUGE population and a HUGE population of old folks without computers and Cuban/Hispanic voters. Both of these are not usually big for Paul.

We prob. will have a little trouble in FL. that's just how I see it.... wish it were otherwise

wstrucke
01-25-2008, 01:34 AM
But FL has a HUGE population and a HUGE population of old folks without computers and Cuban/Hispanic voters.

I'm workin on my grandma...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
unless you live there

No, I mean, do what you can. But I meant in terms of the HQ and their spending on TV and allocating Dr Paul's time.

Joe3113
01-25-2008, 01:50 AM
The social security thing will hurt us because the old codgers think it's actually bad to get rid of it.

Thunderbolt
01-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Did anyone read the article? It says he can do well there. It explains how. Forget delegates. A second or third place showing there would do wonders for our spirits, to show he is electable and just because.

Or give up on Florida, sign up on the precinct leader thing, pick a state that you think he can do well in that is not winner take all, put in a name in a yellow pages, get an address, put that into the precinct database as your name and address and start making calls to people in other states.

Ron Paul did awful tonight in the debate. It is hard when you only have six minutes, but he was all over the place. I don't think this debate will help him at all. He had a few points to make and he could have driven them home, but even I, who knew what he was saying, had a hard time following him.

The man needs to learn the art of the seven word sentences. I will end taxes on SS. I will keep SS in a separate fund. I will end Sarbanes Oxley. I will stop the war. I will end the upcoming draft. I will save your savings. I will protect your money. I will keep you safe. etc.

I am guessing he really made McCain look like a fool with his question, sadly, even I didn't understand it so I don't know why he made McCain look so silly. But it was clear from McCain's response that he didn't understand the question either. It is hard to get respect for out smarting someone when you out smart the whole audience.

Where was angry Paul? He is much stronger. Why no complaint about the time? Why no comment such as: well, if the party continues to desert Republicans I may need to desert the party. I am a Republican. I don't know what these guys are but they are not for small government, low taxes, low deficits and defensive wars only.

McCain keeps saying that we went to Washington to change Washington and Washington changed us. Does he have a mouse in his pocket? Because Washington never changed me.

He needs one liners that are memorable. The people want him, he is just very bad at telling them who he is in these debate formats. He wants to talk about issues that take volumes when he has a sound bite of time. He has to learn slogans, it is that simple.

Thunderbolt
01-25-2008, 02:05 AM
The social security thing will hurt us because the old codgers think it's actually bad to get rid of it.

See, even his supporters don't understand what he meant. He meant that he is the only one who will PROTECT their Social Security for life. He will make sure that Congress cannot take it. He will end taxes on their checks. He will be great for us.

Instead people thought he said he was going to end it. He will, for the young. But he is terrible at explaining this.

Do you know how hard it is to live off of Social Security? It is poverty level. Then on top of that you have taxes taken out of it. Those taxes are your food. Your medicine. Just taking the taxes off would make a huge difference.

Knowing it will be there next year is a huge relief. People are terrified. Ron Paul will protect them.

And us old codgers don't give a hoot if you young punks get a dime.