View Full Version : Why Ron Paul won the debate

Joel High
01-25-2008, 01:04 AM
I truly believe that we benefited the most from this debate.

I know Ron Paul pretty much disappeared from this debate. Especially when it ended he was not interviewed or even mentioned until the text poll at the very end when they chuckled at it.

Our worst case scenario is McCain winning Florida and just sliding into the nomination. He was horrible. He over and over and over proved that he has no clue with regards to the economy. I think he sealed his fate and will fade out of the race.

We could get a nice bump from the GOP base with war question. The Democrats will push the question where 4 out of 5 on stage stated the the war was worth the blood and the treasury. How do you spin that with the economy turning into the #1 issue? How do you spin that when a report was just released that the administration lied 900 plus times to the American people in order to gain support for an unpopular war?

Tucker did the best he could for us even though he never mentioned us. He crushed McCain, pitied Romney, built up Giuliani and Huckabee. I'm happy he built up Giulianni and Huckabee because I really don't want either one to drop out. Keep the race muddy and don't let MSM to focus on just two candidates. We don't want to risk one candidate running away with the race. The bigger the pack the harder is it to pull away from it.

Despite the continued black out, I think we gained a lot of supporters tonight. I remember a poll that was done on Howard Stern years ago. They were looking for why his ratings were so high. The biggest demographic were not the people that liked Stern but the people that hated him.

There are a lot of people that don't know who Ron Paul is. They are probably the same people that won't get involved with any of the candidates campaigns. They won't donate, they won't even put a bumper sticker on their car. I'm guessing most of them didn't even watch tonight.
The people in the chat rooms, meetups, facebook, and myspace who actually take the time and effort to call Ron Paul crazy or trash his supporters; they were the people watching tonight.
Just like Stern, they wanted to hear Ron Paul say something off the wall so they would have ammunition to take back to his supporters. You can't say he didn't take advantage of his opportunities. All of his answers were great. And it was so obvious the way they tried to ignore Ron Paul.
Any one watching has to agree that we aren't crazy or exaggerating when we scream Ron Paul is being censored. Combined that with the message, who wouldn't at least research and investigate the issues?

01-25-2008, 01:50 AM
McCain said Putin is the President of Germany

Dave Pedersen
01-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Yeah I think people resented Romney and McCain getting all the time. This debate helped Rudy and Huckabee and Paul and hurt Romney and McCain. Exactly the result we need.

01-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I didn't get to see all the debate. I have been listening to the media afterglow. From what they say, some of the panel got all over Hillary a few times. That gives the Democrats a way out of their self-hating debates. They were slaying each other! Why let them up?

Well, maybe that will be a unrecognized with for Ron Paul in the end.

01-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Joel, central PA is down with RP

01-25-2008, 02:42 AM
Everything is going according to plan. We need McCain, Huck and Julie to lose (basically a Romney win) in Florida. We want Huck and the Ghoul to spend all their money and lose anyway. Then they will either drop out or the medial will count them out.

We want Romney to win, but not by much- no more than 30%.

When Huck loses, we will scoop up Huck's people. Why? They are evangelicals. I know these people. I was raised fundementalist. All they care about is that Dr. Paul is Protestant, Married to his first wife, and pro-life. They will not vote for McAmnesty/Feingold or a Mormon.

Huck and Julie die next Tuseday if they don't place first. Then there will be only three.

01-25-2008, 02:52 AM
I thought Giuliani looked terrible.. When he was asked by the moderator why he thinks he's a front runner when he has finished 5th or 6th in every state, that was golden..

All Ghoul could refer to is the New York Giants on how he will somehow win Florida.. LOL .. Oh my goodness, who picks these stupid polticians?? This is the best america can offer? This presidential slate is so bereft of candidates with brains it makes me want to leave North America altogether and move to to an Island somewhere.

01-25-2008, 05:28 AM
He won it - peace always wins.