PDA

View Full Version : Letter to MSNBC and sponsors

dax702
01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Dear NBC & MSNBC News,

I found your coverage of the 1/24/08 Republican debate in Boca Raton, Florida to be extremely biased. The final speaking times were completely uneven and unfair. Each candidate in this election deserves equal coverage for how far they've come, and we rely on you for the news, not so that you can twist the news to suit yourselves and your advertisers.

We request that you immediately issue an apology for the unequal speaking times the candidates were allowed; furthermore, you should extend to those candidates that were given drastically less time the opportunity to make a televised statement free of charge to make up for the inaccuracy in your monitoring of the time allowances.

It is not acceptable to the American people that you are giving certain candidates more face time and speaking time than the others, for no apparent (or stated) reason.

Until such an apology is issued, I will not be tuning into MSNBC, nor will I be purchasing products from the sponsors of this debate. I have copied the investor relations departments of the companies that participated in advertising for this debate.

We already have FOX News being unfair and unbalanced. It used to be that MSNBC was different: WHAT HAPPENED???

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

Address the e-mail to:
letters@msnbc.com
business@msnbc.com

And CC:
PresidentialSvcTeam@libertymutual.com (Liberty Mutual sponsored the debate)
moneytalk@bestbuy.com (Best Buy's Investor Relations Dept. - they were an advertiser for the debate)
investor.relations@capitalone.com (Capital One's Investor Relations Dept. - they were an advertiser for the debate)

Also email to Tim Russert:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6872152/

As well as Matthew T. Coyle, VP & Director of Investor Relations for Liberty Mutual:
http://www.libertymutual.com/omapps/ContentServer?pagename=InvestorRelations/Page/IR_Form&cid=1058289638486

Thanks to connietalk.com for the letter and contact info.

dax702
01-25-2008, 12:51 AM
bump - do it!

Paulitical Correctness
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
It's not going to matter.

If you're angry, get out there and hand slim jims to people, get the word out, put signs up, etc.

Sending emails of protest aren't going to accomplish much, sadly.

dax702
01-25-2008, 12:58 AM
Perhaps you're right about writing to the media.. Maybe writing and more importantly calling the sponsors is more important...

Give me liberty
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
It's not going to matter.

If you're angry, get out there and hand slim jims to people, get the word out, put signs up, etc.

Sending emails of protest aren't going to accomplish much, sadly.

yup and sadly what they do to these type of emails they just kick them into the junk trash box :rolleyes: cause they will think (What more spam email oh well)

Kotin
01-25-2008, 01:24 AM
sent