PDA

View Full Version : I just watched Ron Paul's performance - A++++

Sematary
01-25-2008, 12:46 AM
I think that was his best performance yet and it seemed like he got a fair amount of time.

hueylong
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Uhhh - not sure I can agree with you on the "fair amount of time" thing. But he sure ROCKED the house with the time he had.

m72mc
01-25-2008, 12:52 AM
the best part was, the others got hard questions on money and the war.
their answers clearly shoved that they are not electable.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
He had very limited time. But his first answer on the economy and his "warning shot" answer at the end were awesome!

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
i couldnt have done better

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Uhhh - not sure I can agree with you on the "fair amount of time" thing. But he sure ROCKED the house with the time he had.

Ditto that.

RockEnds
01-25-2008, 12:58 AM
I thought he did very well. He spoke more slowly, and he articulated his points well. He gave the closing remarks of the debate--which could easily double for the closing remarks of the Republican Party.

I thought he did very well.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
He got lucky to give the closing remarks, and he absolutely nailed it.

Michigan11
01-25-2008, 01:01 AM
He got lucky to give the closing remarks, and he absolutely nailed it.

That's what alot of voters will remember too

Detonator
McCain is a fool, RP zeroed in on him like a sniper. Is the full debate on YouTube yet? I was at work and missed the debate, I only have seen the RP highlights.

bobo37
Great but no time

Flirple
01-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Ron by far got the least time. Here is the breakdown posted on Lew Rockwell's blog:

Total Times
Romney: 21:11, during 13 times
McCain: 16:00, during 13 times
Giuliani: 13:50, during 11 times
Huckabee: 12:11, during nine times
Paul: 6:31, during six times

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018896.html

But I agree Ron did very well with limited resources. This article puts it into perpective perfectly:

"...In the midst of the debate there were precious times when Ron Paul's differing views could not be silenced. His comments on the Iraq war were clearly articulated and unwavering. His economic comments were a strong dose of reality that those tuned in to really what was necessary to repair both short and long-term our economy had to start to question if he was not the one who understood the most about our situation and how to correct it. Finally, his comments on the Republican Party turning their backs on those of us embracing the Constitution and liberty were directly on-target. His case for being the MOST Republican of any other candidate on the stage could not be denied nor could it be kept from the listening audience.
Will it matter in the papers tomorrow? No. Will it change the focus of the race from the personalities the mainstream media wants to talk about to who they SHOULD talk about? No. Will it reach a few more that will no doubt begin to awaken to real root causes of our troubles and how to solve them? Yes!
This is the essence of this year's rEVOLution. The movement does not sweep over the country a hundred thousand or million people at a time. It grows one focused listener at a time. The restoration of the United States is not an overnight sensation nor is it a single Presidential surprise victory. I believe Dr. Paul understands this better than most of us who support him. We are lucky to have him as our Elder Statesman in this campaign. This debate showed once again it is not about the candidate, nor is it about losing or winning. It is about the victories along the way as the momentum and movement grows. The first American Revolution started out in much the same way. The first real battle against British Colonial Rule took place in 1676, fully 100 years before the Declaration of Independence. Tonight Ron Paul will not be given the win in the debate but those supporting him must understand the wonderful victories he won." http://www.nolanchart.com/article1426.html

ValidusCustodiae
01-25-2008, 01:10 AM
He may not have received fair time, but getting the last word and making such good use of it will work in his favor.

nightlight
01-25-2008, 01:21 AM
He made the best of the little time they gave him. He made McCain look like a dear in the headlights (hilarious, coming shortly after McCain boasted about his deep grasp of economy). Dr Paul's answers were concise, focused and pertinent, in sharp contrast to the vapid rambling that went on around him.

It was obvious to his opponents and to their advisors they better never give Dr Paul equal time or, god forbid, engage in one-on-one debate against him, lest they wish to appear like complete imbeciles. They along with the media are clearly afraid of what for them must appear as a god-like intellect. Hence blackout and rigged debates.