PDA

View Full Version : The "Keep Laughing, Buddy!" thread...

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 12:41 AM
RIP Jim Gilmore- July 14, 2007

RIP Tommy Thompson- August 12, 2007

RIP Sam Brownback- October 19, 2007

RIP Tom Tancredo- December 20, 2007

RIP Duncan Hunter- January 19, 2008

RIP Fred Thompson- January 22, 2008

RIP Rudy Guiliani- January 30, 2008?

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Ooops- forgot...

Mike Huckabee- February 6, 2008

Basilieus
01-25-2008, 12:46 AM
I sure hope your right...

Michigan11
01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
I sure can't wait until McVain steps out of the race

Flirple
01-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Well then this seems like the official youtube clip for this thread: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6702607611463316094&q=%22ron+paul%22+%22make+fun+buddy%22&total=3&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 12:49 AM
RIP Huckleberry Hound.

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Guiliani is close to falling into fourth in Florida according to Real Politics and Rasmussen and he has no money.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/florida/election_2008_florida_republican_primary

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/fl/florida_republican_primary-260.html

Florida is winner take all- to quote Top Gun, "There are no points for second place."

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Holy crap, I just became "that guy" by quoting Top Gun....

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 12:53 AM
I think the timing you laid out is right on. Don't be surprised to see McWarmonger join that list about Feb 7th or 8th... once reality sinks in.

My guess is that Romney is gonna run the table on these chumps, then it will be down to RP and Romney.

ClayTrainor
01-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Guiliani is close to falling into fourth in Florida according to Real Politics and Rasmussen and he has no money.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/florida/election_2008_florida_republican_primary

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/fl/florida_republican_primary-260.html

Florida is winner take all- to quote Top Gun, "There are no points for second place."

hmmm 4% for paul huh?

I think we'll beat that for sure, lol...

Imagine we beat Giuliani in Fl. ? Oh man, what a final blow that'd be haha

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Florida is winner take all, so it makes no sense for RP to campaign there.

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Florida is winner take all, so it makes no sense for RP to campaign there.
Exactly. Romney has the cash and all he has to do is keep in the top 2 or 3 to sustain enough delegates. Florida is neck and neck, winner take all and Romney may win there. But then who knows? It would be very hard for the Ghoul to argue that his campaign is not in the shit. Loss after loss he keeps saying, Wait until Florida! The only good thing for Rudy is that Super Tuesday is right around the corner with northeast states. But right now I think the polls only have him clearly ahead in NJ. If he loses in Florida it sure ain't going to be a boost. Huckabee can win a couple of states in the south, McCain will win Arizona. Paul wins Alaska?

I think that even if Huckabee wins a couple of states down south, he is going to get creamed every where else and just doesn't have the resources to hang- regardless, I think at the very least the Ghoul is out after Super Tuesday- no way he can raise 4 or 5 million in a week or two to stay competitive after that.

Us, on the other hand....all we need is to win a state and the donations will come pouring in. Hell, even after two weeks of bad campaign news we still raised 2 million in one day.

Florida is a weird state- I once heard James Carville describe Pennsylvania as Pittsburgh and Philadelphia with Alabama in between. Florida has an equally weird dynamic- You have Broward and Palm Beach Counties that are full of Northeasterners- same in Tampa/Clearwater area. Dade County has the huge Hispanic population, the northern part of the state would be strong Huckabee territory with a lot of military bases dotted across the state which would be good for McCain. At the same time there is a solid 5% libertarian base in the state too. While many states can be divided up into two distinct groups- New York City and upstate or Seattle v. Eastern Washington, Florida is like 3 or 4 different states rolled into one. Of course,it is also extremely dysfunctional at times.

Flirple
01-25-2008, 01:36 AM
I just wish Huck would have a much better showing in Forida then it looks like he will. I fear after Forida Huck will be doomed just like Rudy. That would be bad because then it would be down to just 2 people which makes a brokered convention look a lot less likely to happen.

We need Rudy to drop out after Florida and Huckabee to stay in this race so that the war vote is split 3 ways making it very hard for anyone to get 50% +1 of the delegates before the convention. If it was down to just 4 candidates that would be the right balance of getting Ron more attention and making him look more credible but at the same time having enough candidates to make this a war of attrition with 3 guys splitting the war vote and our guy picking up the peace vote and stealing delegates from places people are not paying any attention to such as the LA caucus a few days ago. And then it's on to a brokered convention!

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 01:41 AM
yep, that how I'm callin' it. Rudy then Shuckster.:D

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 01:43 AM
I just wish Huck would have a much better showing in Forida then it looks like he will. I fear after Forida Huck will be doomed just like Rudy. That would be bad because then it would be down to just 2 people which makes a brokered convention look a lot less likely to happen.

We need Rudy to drop out after Florida and Huckabee to stay in this race so that the war vote is split 3 ways making it very hard for anyone to get 50% +1 of the delegates before the convention. If it was down to just 4 candidates that would be the right balance of getting Ron more attention and making him look more credible but at the same time having enough candidates to make this a war of attrition with 3 guys splitting the war vote and our guy picking up the peace vote and stealing delegates from places people are not paying any attention to such as the LA caucus a few days ago. And then it's on to a brokered convention!

Get this brokered convention crap out of your head. It's not gonna happen.

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 01:52 AM
I think it would be better to keep the Ghoul in through Super Tuesday- don't think the Huckster is leaving after Florida, think he will stay through Super Tuesday too. I don't care so much about a brokered convention, but what we need is time and space- If these Super Tuesday delegates get split 5 ways and then the Ghoul and Huckster leave it would be perfect. Only 3 candidates left, none of them anywhere near 1/2 of the delegates needed for the nomination, with half the states/delegates left and Ron Paul having time and space to get the message to a broader group of people. You can feel the momentum swinging our way, the question is do we have enough time to swing it far enough.

BigRedBrent
01-25-2008, 02:20 AM
I think the timing you laid out is right on. Don't be surprised to see McWarmonger join that list about Feb 7th or 8th... once reality sinks in.

My guess is that Romney is gonna run the table on these chumps, then it will be down to RP and Romney.

I hope it will get to this point before it don't matter any more. With only Ron and another in the race they would not be able to ignore Ron even if they only slander him. At least he will be covered. But I think McWarmonger will stay in the race just to prevent this from happening. They know Ron must not get any press or they WILL lose.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 02:23 AM
I pray that McWarmonger is not a "dead ender." If Mitt starts destroying him, hopefully he will just get out. But he's so old and bitter, and he knows this is his last chance, he might stay in... which would suck.

stewie3128
01-25-2008, 02:35 AM
The best outcome for us is for Rudy to win Florida, but that's probably not going to happen now. After the pundits start asking "Wasn't the last time Huckabee won a state Jan 3rd?" it'll be down to McCain, Romney and Paul.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Yep. It will soon be a three-way race. And if Economics is the issue, McWarmonger will be the odd man out.

stewie3128
01-25-2008, 02:50 AM
I pray that McWarmonger is not a "dead ender." If Mitt starts destroying him, hopefully he will just get out. But he's so old and bitter, and he knows this is his last chance, he might stay in... which would suck.

He will. McCain's got it in his head that he's going to do this his way, so he's in to the bitter end. Look at how dogged he was when he was getting crushed in the polls - he's not bowing out for anything.

Flirple
01-25-2008, 03:26 AM

Well like I said in my previous post it is looking more and more like you are right.