PDA

View Full Version : ***the One Hour Money Nuke***

Renter45
01-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Look guys, we've made news for raising the most money in a 24 hour period, so now it's time to take the money bomb to the next level.

So... I propose, the MONEY NUKE! That's right, Ron Paul may have taken nuclear first strikes off the table -- BUT THE GRASSROOTS HAVE NOT!

The ONE HOUR FLORIDA PRIMARY PREEMPTIVE MONEY NUKE.

The day before Florida... 1 HOUR... $2 MILLION... 3 PM EST... BLAST OFF!

Tuesday, January 29th... It's time to show the MSM what RONPAUL2008.COM'S servers can handle.

TAKE THIS AMERICA. UP YOURS FLORIDA. FUCK YEAH.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
The campaign's servers were only able to keep up with the donations of the 6 million MB. They simply can't handle more transactions per hour.

Otherwise a great idea.

LibertyPundit
01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
That would be awesome... it would completely take away the thunder of Romney or McCain or whoever wins Florida.

Seriously though... I wonder if their $ervers could handle it? Maybe we should donate until the servers go down.

Michigan11
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
I think the servers crashed around $500,000 per hour rate on the Tea Party -

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 12:52 AM
like it, total mayhem

Renter45
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Nahh.. we never came close to $500,000 an hour... we only raised $6 million in 24 hours.

Plus, they drastically increased their server capacity around that time.

How awesome a story would it be if we actually did crash their servers?!!!!!

What would the harm be? It's a small price to pay to get that news story. We have to co-opt the other candidates... this would go a long way to taking the emphasis away from Florida.

Just imagine... I can see Wolf Blitzer now... "And we've just received the first exit polls from Florida and they show... wait, wait... what's that?

"Breaking news from the Ron Paul campaign... their server just went down after collecting $1.8 million in 45 minutes... Let's go to internet reporter Jane for her take...

"Well, Wolf, we cannot confirm that these are processed credit card donations... so they could just be pledges... but they have always been open about the money they've raised. That's what's unique about this campaign... I mean, Wolf... THE BUZZ ON THE BLOGOSPHERE IS THAT THEY'RE CALLING IT A MONEY NUKE... And this time, it doesn't involve Guy Fawkes!

Wolf: "Fascinating, thanks, Jane. Now back to those losers in Florida. Safe to say, there are two winners today... RON PAUL, and his massive grassroots support, and someone no one cares about in Florida. Except for me, cuz I have a massive summer home there."

LibertyPundit
01-25-2008, 01:03 AM
like it, total mayhem

EXACTLY!

Someone should ask Trevor to set up a moneynuke website.

Carole
01-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Lol :D:D

sharpsteve2003
01-25-2008, 01:14 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=99018

RON PAUL POWER HOUR!!!!

Hey I think I have a really awesome idea that needs to get to the top and if nothing else get some consideration.

I am was watching the totals on the MLK money bomb and they are fell a shade flat compared to the others.

Here is what I think: What were we trying to do with the money bomb days to begin with? Build the excitement right? Breaking records was a huge part of that. Alot of people were having a blast watching the Ron Paul donation graph SPIKE at midnight on the TeaParty money bomb day. I know I was tuned in before then and waiting just to see what would happen. And it was great to be a part of moving that total up in RECORD amounts. BREAKING RECORDS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!

So, whats changed? Well it has been done before now. A few times even. Six Million was a huge goal and it was tough. And we did it. Just like we had already done once before. The MLK was the most recent in I dont know how many money bombs we have had. I wonder if people have fallen a little flat from the repetition of it all?

What would like to propose (to someone who can get it DONE) is that we do a RON PAUL POWER HOUR! Its fresh, its exciting, fun. Think about how awesome it would have been to see even half of the donations on a money bomb day to have been DONATED IN A SINGLE HOUR! We could do that I think!

I GUARANTEE WE COULD SHATTER RECORDS and draw MEDIA attention again. Wasnt there like more than one million dollars donated in the first hour of the Tea Party anyway? Why not see if we could clear THREE MILLION in an hour just for fun and the record books? Maybe there could be some kind of play on numbers too having to do with the hour we set, the goal to be raised, and something having to do with freedom or the race or something. I think it would work. After all, the money we raised last time had practically been raised before the money bomb day itself even started. It was hardly a race against the clock. This could almost be and it would MAKE THE MONEY BOMB NEW AGAIN for it!

We are the tops of the candidates supporters exactly because we are so organized. It defines us. Lets use it. Again, as we have done before, the donation pledges can be signed-- so that basically the fundraising is done in the days and weeks before the POWER HOUR. Then all there is for us to do is donate at the designated time-- then its just 60 minutes to the record books :~)

THIS WOULD BE SUCH A STATEMENT TO MAKE NOW IN THE FACE OF MEDIA STORIES ABOUT ALL THE CANDIDATES GOING BROKE!!!

So does you have any connections to the guys who did the last Tea Party or Nov 5th money bomb? I really think this is something that I would like to run past them.

Appreciate any help/ contact info you could give me,

Aaron Garrett

crashing servers

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1064562

I received a reply to my email today, from the Ron Paul Campaign's Valori Pyeatt, who assures me that they have made extensive changes to the site, which would allow for the site to withstand a one hour mass donation of this magnitude.

There have been some great ideas submitted. Awesome work on everyones part! I do have a conviction to keep this a ONE HOUR event, however, instead of a four hour one that would be the result of the rolling time zone idea. I think it would be great, also, to have competition between east and west coast-- BUT, maybe from another event? It seems like the farther we get away from the simplicity of an original concept, the harder it is to communicate the message to the masses.

I do think that the proposal of text message reminders at the top of the POWER HOUR would be fantastic. Does anyone know the start time of the last GOP debate?

Also, I still need some contact information for Trevor Lyman!!!!!!

I am working on getting some youtube videos lined up... so I will have to check back in here a bit later.

Thanks to all who have helped with this so far!

affa
01-25-2008, 01:55 AM
I ran two polls on this very thing.

The 30th (night of the Politico debate) won hands down, with something like 60-70% of the vote.

This is perfect since we get HIGH turnout on these boards during debates - and we can push each other to contribute while play by playing the debate.

So, yes, I support this idea - but on the 30th.

affa
01-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Here is the poll
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=99173

Peterjar
01-25-2008, 02:21 AM
This money bomb is a bad idea. (1) There are server overload issues. (2) The MSM no longer cares.

We should start to think about money bombs not as media attention getters but as collective action among supporters. There is a concept in Chemistry and Physics called "emergence". The idea is that the properties of a system are not the sum of the individual parts, but rather, they emerge from the collective interaction of these parts. Think of how a soap bubble refracts light. Water does not behave this way until it is organized into a sphere, for example, by the surfactants (soap) and the result is a pretty image. The money bomb creates an intensity and excitement about donating among supporters both new and old and garners more money than would be contributed otherwise.

So money bombs away, but lets pick something that will excite us not the media.

Peter

P.S. This idea was originally forwarded by a "new member." Sorry, but like with all things you have to earn your respect. I understand that new members tend to be very excited about contributing and their ideas are refreshing, but we have to consider the possibility that we are being flooded with money bomb ideas as a distraction and dilution tactic.

Renter45
01-25-2008, 08:50 AM
bump

LibertyPundit
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
This money bomb is a bad idea. (1) There are server overload issues. (2) The MSM no longer cares.

I'm not sure I buy this.

1) According to IowaGarrett (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1064562), the campaign has upgraded its servers so it could handle this.

2) As for the MSM, they certainly did care the last time we set a record on Tea Party day... the problem is we haven't set a record since. If we brought in 2 mil in an hour, they would pay attention because it is a new record.

blakjak
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Friday, January 29th... It's time to show the MSM what RONPAUL2008.COM'S servers can handle.

Check that date again!

Renter45
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
fixed.. Tuesday, January 29th...!

affa
01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Again, I highly recommend switching to the 30th as per the polls run on this forum. Additionally, having it during the DEBATE which is when there is a huge turnout on these forums ensures a better showing since we can remind people during the high traffic debate threads to contribute.

Renter45
01-25-2008, 02:45 PM
But if it's on the 29th, it will wouldn't be a PREEMPTIVE money nuke.

We NEED this MONEY NUKE on the day of the Florida primary to take away from Romney and the GHOUL.

BigFatRock
01-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Money Nuke All The Way!!!!!

LibertyPundit
01-25-2008, 04:09 PM
But if it's on the 29th, it will wouldn't be a PREEMPTIVE money nuke.

We NEED this MONEY NUKE on the day of the Florida primary to take away from Romney and the GHOUL.

I LOVE IT!!!

Can we make it go thermo-nuclear?

:)

BigFatRock
01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Bump-stickity-bump

FreestarMediaDotCom
01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Sounds good. Also do the Monday Flower (bo-mb) to win McClintock and win CALIFORNIA....
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=101459

and CALL TALK RADIO FOR RON (need help finding phone numbers)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=99118

davidt!
01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
This is actually a pretty cool idea. Maybe we can do this after the next anniversary bomb.

IowaGarrett
01-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey guys, thanks for posting this up again. I am getting a little discouraged with it. I do have someone on top of making Youtube videos for the event right now. So far I have no support from a website to host and organize.

With the HQ suggesting 5 million before florida... NOW is the time to do this.

Jan 30th during the live debate IS the time.

I dont know, I have sent messages to Lyman, with no response.

IowaGarrett
01-29-2008, 06:07 PM
or not...

Carole
01-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Today’s donations
$64,728
Donations 814
Donors 573
New donors 345

Karrl
01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
IowaGarrett was working on a one hour money bomb. It was called the Ron Paul Power Hour. I think that is still the best name to use! Very catchy!