PDA

View Full Version : Romney Whisper a set-up?

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2008, 12:26 AM
There are a lot of obvious explanations for the "he raised taxes" whisper such as:

- One commentator whispering to another or a commentator whispering too loud.
- Another one of the Candidates.
- A Romney Aide or supporter close by.

But for the conspiracy minded people, maybe it was a sophisticated set-up. It seemed like a trick question in the first place, which is strange. Then a mysterious, but audible whisper? The MSM doesn't like Romney...could have been a set-up to make Romney look bad. Or not.

Dr.3D
01-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Oh, yeah, a conspiracy theory of a conspiracy theory.
Kind of reminds me of those anti-missile missiles.
And then those followed by anti-anti-missile missiles.
And of course the anti-anti-anti-missile missiles.

wortguy
01-25-2008, 12:33 AM
is it possible that the cue was for russert and romney heard it? because russert then interrupted to mention that reagan raised taxes. Could have been producers correcting russert's question.

?????

Dibold
01-25-2008, 12:35 AM
GUYS! It was TOTALLY a set-up! ROMNEY is mentally disabled and can't come up with his own answers. There's some grand conspiracy between them all to give Romney answers! Good job inspecter gadgets! we have found the murderer!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-25-2008, 12:36 AM

Why do I see Bugs and Yosemite Sam chasing each other with various weapons?

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2008, 12:41 AM

Like I said, not the obvious or most likely explanation. But if it was a set-up to make Romney look bad, it worked. Everyone seems to believe that it reflects badly on Romney...

gracebkr
01-25-2008, 12:42 AM

like southpark. "the government conspiracy is a government conspiracy."

austinchick
01-25-2008, 12:44 AM
GUYS! It was TOTALLY a set-up! ROMNEY is mentally disabled and can't come up with his own answers. There's some grand conspiracy between them all to give Romney answers! Good job inspecter gadgets! we have found the murderer!

'yawn'

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2008, 12:55 AM
is it possible that the cue was for russert and romney heard it? because russert then interrupted to mention that reagan raised taxes. Could have been producers correcting russert's question.

?????

It was a trick question, and most likely, someone spoiled the trick.

Then again, maybe they planned it out to make Romney look bad...

Telkandore
01-25-2008, 12:57 AM
But if it was a set-up to make Romney look bad, it worked. Everyone seems to believe that it reflects badly on Romney...

That's not much of an accomplishment. Even the f*cking sun reflects badly on Romney.

reaver
01-25-2008, 01:01 AM
There are a lot of obvious explanations for the "he raised taxes" whisper such as:

- One commentator whispering to another or a commentator whispering too loud.
- Another one of the Candidates.
- A Romney Aide or supporter close by.

But for the conspiracy minded people, maybe it was a sophisticated set-up. It seemed like a trick question in the first place, which is strange. Then a mysterious, but audible whisper? The MSM doesn't like Romney...could have been a set-up to make Romney look bad. Or not.

Russert loves his "gotcha" questions.

fuzzybekool
01-25-2008, 01:06 AM
NBC HEADQUARTERS - NEW YORK: Tim, what happened ?

TIM RUSSERT: Sir, they fed the wrong frequency over the mic channel.

NBC HEADQUARTERS: Please don't tell me they heard it.

TIM RUSSERT: They heard it, sir, and worse, the Ron Paul people are on to us.

NBC HEADQUARTERS: Delete anything about the whisper on all our webpages immediately.

TIM RUSSERT: Yes, sir.

NBC HEADQUARTERS: Ignore any questions about it and have the guys work the Ron Paul angle. You know, make them look like kooky conspiracy nuts.

TIM RUSSERT: Done

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Stop the conspiracy shit.

gracebkr
01-25-2008, 01:14 AM
NBC HEADQUARTERS - NEW YORK: Tim, what happened ?

TIM RUSSERT: Sir, they fed the wrong frequency over the mic channel.

NBC HEADQUARTERS: Please don't tell me they heard it.

TIM RUSSERT: They heard it, sir, and worse, the Ron Paul people are on to us.

NBC HEADQUARTERS: Delete anything about the whisper on all our webpages immediately.

TIM RUSSERT: Yes, sir.

NBC HEADQUARTERS: Ignore any questions about it and have the guys work the Ron Paul angle. You know, make them look like kooky conspiracy nuts.

TIM RUSSERT: Done

do you have a link?

Flirple
01-25-2008, 01:16 AM
I think it might have just been between Russert and Brian Williams. Just one moderator letting the other know what the question was premised on.

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Russert loves his "gotcha" questions.

Yeah, Russert does like to do that. Just seems like there are not a lot of the trick questions in the debates, which made that question stand out.

Perhaps it was Russert turning it into a trick question on his own, and another moderator didn't catch on, and whispered the "further information" to Russert, as if Russert had made a mistake.

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I think it might have just been between Russert and Brian Williams. Just one moderator letting the other know what the question was premised on.

Yep, very likely.

JMann
01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
The one thing we do know is that the journalist wear an ear piece to get cues from the director and other people tied to the broadcast and these moderators wear microphones. What you are hearing is someone helping Tim clarify his question and it is picked up by his mic. This happens a lot in broadcasting. I have noticed it a lot when watching golf because there is little other noise you can hear the director say things like "to Tiger on no. 12" then the broadcaster will say, lets check in with Tiger playing the par 3 twelfth.

tesla23
01-25-2008, 11:40 AM
If you watch the video you can see right after the whisper Tim Russert mentions that Reagan raised taxes. It was most likely Brian Williams clarifying something to him and it was just picked up by the mic. Do you really think Romney would have his ear piece loud enough to have it be picked up my the mic that was at least a foot or more away?

sratiug
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
The one thing we do know is that the journalist wear an ear piece to get cues from the director and other people tied to the broadcast and these moderators wear microphones. What you are hearing is someone helping Tim clarify his question and it is picked up by his mic. This happens a lot in broadcasting. I have noticed it a lot when watching golf because there is little other noise you can hear the director say things like "to Tiger on no. 12" then the broadcaster will say, lets check in with Tiger playing the par 3 twelfth.

It's not a director on an earpiece. It could never be picked up like that. Especially not a whisper. And why would a director be whispering through the reporter's earpiece feed if he wants to be heard? It was somebody close to a live mic that was whispering for some reason.

tropicangela
01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Someone would have *muttered* raised taxes under their breath if they were thinking out loud... that whisper had an intention, directing someone to say something... whether it was Brian Williams or to Mitt Romney, that whisper had a motive.

newnews
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
"stop the conspiracy shit"

yeah please stop it cuz everything is as it seems, nobody lies, especially not the TV , no sir

you sound like a broken record