PDA

View Full Version : Things that make you go hmmm

RonPaulCult
08-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I don t want to start a conspiracy here - and maybe I have been watching too many Alex Jones movies but it is curious this bridge falling out of the sky happened on I-35. The same highway that is likely to become the NAFTA Super highway.

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2006/tst103006.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmFrYWPoG8

RonPaulCult
08-01-2007, 10:31 PM
PS - even if I'm way off base here and it was just a run down bridge than we STILL really need Ron Paul in office because the billions we've been spending to kill people in Iraq should be spent on things we need like SAFE BRIDGES to pass over.

DjLoTi
08-01-2007, 10:32 PM
PS - even if I'm way off base here and it was just a run down bridge than we STILL really need Ron Paul in office because the billions we've been spending to kill people in Iraq should be spent on things we need like SAFE BRIDGES to pass over.

lol.. very excellent point. Washington is just madness right now.

mdh
08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Privatized roads are the answer.

axiomata
08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
www.81Truth.com

Steel bridges don't just *collapse* in a domino fashion when they have a structural failure ... had to be a controlled demolition.

axiomata
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
serious mode>>

Privatized roads are the answer.

maybe not the answer, but the federal and state governments definitely need some competition.

BLS
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
serious mode>>

maybe not the answer, but the federal and state governments definitely need some competition.

I had this EXACT argument with my very liberal friend this weekend.
I told him "you have to think outside of the box. Think about this..you own a road construction company...if your road is crap, or doesn't get fixed, YOU are accountable, and you lose your job. Right now, there is NO accountability because nobody is going to fire a politician because the roads suck."

It makes you start to think about alot of things we've just become accustomed to.

Ninja Homer
08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories on this. Governor Pawlenty, who seems to be earmarked for GOP VP, will get more national air time now than Ron Paul ever has. Bomb-sniffing dogs are now on site, as well as the FBI, so I'm reserving any conspiracy theories for a couple days.

I live about 15 miles from the bridge, and used it pretty frequently. It wasn't run down at all. 140,000 vehicles went over that bridge a day, and it is the main way to get into Minneapolis from the North.

I would guess there will be a question in Sunday's debate pertaining to this catastrophe; a lot of Iowans go to college in Minneapolis, and many end up staying. Hopefully they ask where the National Guard is. The Guardian Angels showed up to handle crowd control for Christ's sake, and for the most part the onlookers ignored them. I'd like to see every candidate answer that one.

RonPaulCult
08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm sure there will be conspiracy theories on this. Governor Pawlenty, who seems to be earmarked for GOP VP, will get more national air time now than Ron Paul ever has. Bomb-sniffing dogs are now on site, as well as the FBI, so I'm reserving any conspiracy theories for a couple days.

I live about 15 miles from the bridge, and used it pretty frequently. It wasn't run down at all. 140,000 vehicles went over that bridge a day, and it is the main way to get into Minneapolis from the North.

I would guess there will be a question in Sunday's debate pertaining to this catastrophe; a lot of Iowans go to college in Minneapolis, and many end up staying. Hopefully they ask where the National Guard is. The Guardian Angels showed up to handle crowd control for Christ's sake, and for the most part the onlookers ignored them. I'd like to see every candidate answer that one.

I'm glad you're ok and I hope no further bad news is to come in the next few days :(

BLS
08-01-2007, 11:30 PM

Ninja, you goto the U?
I live in Hastings.

Ninja Homer
08-01-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm glad you're ok and I hope no further bad news is to come in the next few days :(

Thanks. Hopefully it was just a fault in the bridge design and not a bomb or something... I don't even want to think of what would happen in the political scene if it came out that it was a terrorist attack.

I'm sure the death toll will go up in the next few days. A lot of cars are in the river. Thankfully, all my relatives are accounted for.

I know it should be the least of my worries, but it's just starting to hit me what a pain in the ass traffic will be for at least the next 5 years while they rebuild the bridge.

Ninja Homer
08-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Ninja, you goto the U?
I live in Hastings.

No, my sister (10 years younger) does though. I live in Lino Lakes.

michaelwise
08-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Quite a disaster for the Minneapolis citizens, and I feel bad for the people and families who lost loved ones. The question now remains, after the rescue and clean-up, who is going to pay for replacement of such a vital artery. The local economy relies heavily on I35.

With the outsourcing of so many manufacturing jobs, the tax base of Minneapolis has been severely eroded. The strain on the citizens of Minneapolis to replace that bridge will be tremendous. If the federal governments unfair trade policies, which caused the siphoning off of so many good paying jobs to foreign countries, had not been so severe, the local economies would have been in much better shape to deal with tremendous disasters of this magnitude. Well I guess the Federal reserve will just have to print more money up to pay for it.

ctb619
08-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Quite a disaster for the Minneapolis citizens, and I feel bad for the people and families who lost loved ones. The question now remains, after the rescue and clean-up, who is going to pay for replacement of such a vital artery. The local economy relies heavily on I35.

Yep, my guess is a federal bail-out.