PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where to find accurate delegate counts?

ShowMeLiberty
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
In a bit of a debate about Dr. Paul's "electability" on another forum. The person saying RP is not electable came up with this from some MSM source:

"Paul needs 1,191 delegates. He has 6. Thompson, who dropped out, had 8. Guilani only has 1, but he hasn't campaigned anywhere except Florida. Romney leads with 72. "

I'm pretty sure that is not accurate and for sure doesn't include Louisiana, but I want to point to actual facts in my response. Anybody know where I can find the real numbers?

Thanks!!

ceitniear
01-25-2008, 12:58 AM
If everyone that I've heard say that Ron Paul isn't electable actually voted for him, he'd have the nomination locked up in no time.

Thunderbolt
01-25-2008, 01:12 AM
In a bit of a debate about Dr. Paul's "electability" on another forum. The person saying RP is not electable came up with this from some MSM source:

"Paul needs 1,191 delegates. He has 6. Thompson, who dropped out, had 8. Guilani only has 1, but he hasn't campaigned anywhere except Florida. Romney leads with 72. "

I'm pretty sure that is not accurate and for sure doesn't include Louisiana, but I want to point to actual facts in my response. Anybody know where I can find the real numbers?

Thanks!!

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/

But they have not included LA yet. Remember, the early states were all penalized and lost half of their delegates because they moved their primaries up so early. So even though they came first, they weren't worth much.

hueylong
01-25-2008, 01:13 AM
The BEST delegate counts are at: www.thegreenpapers.com/P08

ShowMeLiberty
01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks a bunch - especially for the green papers site.

Most people really have no idea how ridiculously complicated the whole delgate/nominating process really is. I just barely understand it myself and I've been trying to educate myself for months. :)