PDA

View Full Version : I honestly think that Huckster

pinkmandy
01-24-2008, 11:54 PM
is fascinated with Ron Paul. I really think he is genuinely trying to copy him. I think he wants to lead a "revolution" and I think he thinks if he can get down Dr. Paul's positions and run for the next Presidency using them that he thinks he'll win by a landslide. Huck senses the changes and being the politician he is will take full advantage of them. I don't think it's just about stealing his platform for this election- he'll be back. :mad:

Fox McCloud
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, at all by this....one of the things that I always think when I hear Huck speak is "you're such a preacher". He doesn't try to accurately describe the situation or his plan, instead he uses flowery language, jokes, and generalities to get his "point" across. On a personal level, I find him funny and amusing...on a political level? Completely abhorent.

He was really giving props to the FairTax tonight and how it can fix social security...what he fails to realize is that the FairTax will be used like the income tax is; to pay off the debt when we ask the Fed for money....not social programs.

Even though I disagree with him, I did have to give him props for standing up to the moderator, who kept trying to push that his fairtax idea was "unrealistic", "not going to happen", and so on and so forth....is not that the very reason we're in the current state we're in, because "oh, we can't do that"?

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-25-2008, 12:03 AM
I think they ALL admire Ron Paul. I think they look up to him.

But because they are all bought and paid for establishment shills, they would never publicly come out with their total admiration for a noble statesmen like Ron Paul.

TER
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
I would not be surprised if Huckabee half-jokingly asks to be his VP in the next 1 1/2 weeks.

Fox McCloud
01-25-2008, 12:07 AM
I think they ALL admire Ron Paul. I think they look up to him.

But because they are all bought and paid for establishment shills, they would never publicly come out with their total admiration for a noble statesmen like Ron Paul.

if you notice, most of them suck up to his economic positions.

the truth be told, he knows more about economics than all of them put together....I think they realize this (notice how no one EVER debates him on economic policies, but it's always foreign policy?)...and thus why they use what he has to say so often...they know he's right, and they know he knows more than they do....so they steal his positions.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I would not be surprised if Huckabee half-jokingly asks to be his VP in the next 1 1/2 weeks.

That thought crossed my mind while driving home today. I think Huck knows he does not have what it takes to be president. He is hoping that he loses so that he can go home and preach. Seriously.

paulette
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
At least Huck seems to show Dr. Paul a bit more respect than any of the others.

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
i agree, hucks army needs to be pandered to asap!!!

Bradley in DC
01-25-2008, 12:16 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

We WANT all of the other politicians to steal, um, "adopt" our platform. Then we win. :)

bucfish
01-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Huckster is coming around I am talling you. RP is really cathing on!!!

Fox McCloud
01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Huckster is coming around I am talling you. RP is really cathing on!!!

Well, if he is a true believer in Christ, then the Lord does have a way of tugging at his heart-strings, and he could change his ideals (if he listens to the Lord, that is).

if he did have a sincere true change of heart, and started leaning towards Libertarianism, it'd be amazing...I don't think it'd ever happen, but if it did, it would truly be amazing.

Also if he does have a change of heart (true sincere), except the CFR to drop him like a hot potato.

tarabyte
01-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, if he is a true believer in Christ, then the Lord does have a way of tugging at his heart-strings, and he could change his ideals (if he listens to the Lord, that is).

if he did have a sincere true change of heart, and started leaning towards Libertarianism, it'd be amazing...I don't think it'd ever happen, but if it did, it would truly be amazing.

Also if he does have a change of heart (true sincere), except the CFR to drop him like a hot potato.

the huckster just knows how to play politics.

pinkmandy
01-25-2008, 09:30 AM
the huckster just knows how to play politics.

That's my opinion, too. And I think he is observing what we love about RP, not because he truly loves the ideas, but because he is intrigued with the following. He wants that following, that "do anything for you" loyalty we have for Ron. I will not be shocked to see Huck in 4, 8 yrs starting his "own" revolution. He is watching and learning I'm telling ya, and not for noble reasons.